Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Rockcastle County 2012
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Not sure on dates but here are the 2012 games

@ "Harrison County" Hometown Pharmacy Thorobred Bowl vs. Grant County
Frankfort
@Whitley County
Estill County
@ Pulaski County
Perry County Central
*@ Russell County
* Knox Central
*@ Clay County
Montgomery County
Estill County game is on Sep. 7 at 7:30

Rocksolid does Estill and Rock JV play this year?
I say at least 7-8 wins,

Only losses may be Russell, Knox, ????

for sure start 3-1
I know Rock lost some good players but they do return a lot of guys. I think based on last year thsi is what they will do.

Frankfort--a small school that is overmatched
Harrison--do they even have a coach yet?
Pulaski--tough game but rock has had their number
Estill--cant run on rock
Whitley--cant run on rock
Perry Cent--lost too much
Clay--rock has their number
Montgomery--lost some good players and O-Cord

Knox--going to be tough, but it is at home
Russell--best team rock plays
Here is an educated guess. I used ROCKSOLID69's posting to save time on the schedule I know the scrimmage dates and the first game dates are set up correctly. I am assuming the BYE week according to where it fell last year and I was told that the boys had the same schedule as last year that was just flipped home/away. I hope this is right because I set my vacation days at work based on this.

Aug. 9th Scrimmage vs. Madison Southern venue unknown

Aug. 18th @ "Harrison County" Hometown Pharmacy Thorobred Bowl
vs. Grant County
Aug. 24th vs. Frankfort
Aug. 31st @Whitley County
Sept. 7th vs. Estill County
Sept. 14th @ Pulaski County
Sept. 21st vs. Perry County Central
*Sept. 28th @ Russell County
Oct. 5th BYE WEEK
*Oct. 12th vs. Knox Central
*Oct. 19th @ Clay County
Oct. 26th vs. Montgomery County
Nov. 2nd 1st game playoffs

I think each game will present it's own challenge for Rockcastle this year. For example, Frankfort will have smoking speed as they return a huge quarterback and several fast backs minus the Leach boy. Grant County is a question mark. Whitley will have the big running back this next year that gouged through the line and would take some serious team tackling to stop with seniors stopping him last year. Don't know about Estill. They had several young guys playing skill positions this last year that should be more experienced. Pulaski should be more experienced than last year, but, lost several to college play. Don't know about Perry Central yet, the loss of Robinson will hurt them. Russell will be the best team Rockcastle will face during the season in my opinion with the Britt kid being a senior. Knox Central lost a lot in the quarterback and on the line, but, from what I hear the past QB's little brother is better than he was and they have a few good players moving into the district. Also the Canady boy factor there at Knox is scary. Clay with the monster lineman(Hyde) and the coaching situation is a question mark. Montgomery was fairly impressive when they made Rockcastle absorb the loss late in the season last year. Finally, the scrimmage against Madison Southern will tell quite a bit about how the things might go for the Rockets this fall during the season. I am familiar with several kids on the team and in my opinion, they should have the skill position advantage on Rockcastle this next year as they just graduated five and two or three being regular starters. Rockcastle will be more inexperienced at the skill positions and defensive front than MS. Southern will be returning their main running backs and most of their defensive front and LB's. It will be interesting to see if Rockcastle's fairly experienced line can push MS around or not. The third quarter will be the tell on this scrimmage game as to who is in better shape or stronger.
We'll see if they boys have in them what they had this last year, especially mid season when some had to stand up/gut check and perform when they lost Clark Rowe.(see Perry Central and Russell Co.) The defense will take the brunt of senior attrition while the offense not so much so. They need a good workhorse running back. Two kids come to mind right now and we'll see how things shake out.
Strikeout King Wrote:Estill County game is on Sep. 7 at 7:30

Rocksolid does Estill and Rock JV play this year?

I don't think they have come out with an official schedule yet SK. If I find out something, I will let you know.
papagrit Wrote:I don't think they have come out with an official schedule yet SK. If I find out something, I will let you know.

Thanks.

The only thing I know about our JV is that we play Madison Southern some time in September @ Southern
Looking forward to having Rock at Russell Co this year. I hope this game is as good as it was this past season..............but with a different outcome of course.

LWC can sit right between the two crowds with his RCHS shirt on and no one will know who he's pulling for.
laker20 Wrote:Looking forward to having Rock at Russell Co this year. I hope this game is as good as it was this past season..............but with a different outcome of course.

LWC can sit right between the two crowds with his RCHS shirt on and no one will know who he's pulling for.

LOL...That's funny! The part about LWC....on the other part, I preferred the outcome from this past year. But....we know who will be favored this fall in this game. What did you all have graduate?...Not many I don't think.
Frankfort will have a ton of speed, Whitley and Pulaski will be alot better then last year, Perry central will be good even tho they lost robinson and company. Knox will allways be Knox. Russell will be the best team rock plays. Rockcastle has some spaces to fill but returns some solid players. it should be another fun year.
laker20 Wrote:Looking forward to having Rock at Russell Co this year. I hope this game is as good as it was this past season..............but with a different outcome of course.

This game makes me do this: :insane: :HitWall:
I cannot wait!

ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:Frankfort will have a ton of speed, Whitley and Pulaski will be alot better then last year, Perry central will be good even tho they lost robinson and company. Knox will allways be Knox. Russell will be the best team rock plays. Rockcastle has some spaces to fill but returns some solid players. it should be another fun year.

This sums up what I generally think about it.
West 80 Wrote:I know Rock lost some good players but they do return a lot of guys. I think based on last year thsi is what they will do.

Estill--cant run on rock

Rockcastle and Pulaski County have played 4 times in the "Hines Era."
2008 - Rock beat Pulaski in the Ray Correll Bowl 34-23
2009 - Pulaski beat Rock at Rock - 47-41
2010 - PC beat Rock at PC - 41-7.
2011 - Rock beat PC at Rock - 34-14.

Thats two wins for each school, and the total score is PC 125, Rock 116
I wouldn't call that "having Pulaski's number."
^Notice the Hines era was during Rock's worst days as well. Be fair and go back at least 10 full seasons.
LWC Wrote:^Notice the Hines era was during Rock's worst days as well. Be fair and go back at least 10 full seasons.

Not sure I understand your point but Rockcastle and Pulaski County did not play each other from 1989-2007. That is almost twenty seasons.
^Oh okay. Did not know that.

I was just trying to say that over the past 20-30 years those are some of Rock's worst seasons. PC having a 2-2 record against Rock in that span is the equivalent of Floyd Mayweather knocking out Oscar De La Hoya. DLH was not at his best but he was still beaten.
West 80 Wrote:I know Rock lost some good players but they do return a lot of guys. I think based on last year thsi is what they will do.

Estill--cant run on rock

:hilarious:
I was a big Rock fan last year.
Before the season last year i was calling for them to go 8-2 or 9-1.
Ill never forget PCC fans giving me hell for saying Rock would destroy them and after that game, all you could hear was birds chirping.
Once again i think Rock will surprise.
I dont think they will be as good as last year, but with that schedule i think a 6-4 year at the very worst.
I could easily see them going 8-2.

Russell, Knox, Pulaski, and Whitley are IMO the only teams that will give Rock a game.
Montgomery turned some heads last year, but i think they lost a lot. I could be wrong though.
Im excited to see how much of a turnaround Whitley makes this year after watching Russell and Rock destroy us last year on the scoreboard.
Good luck to Rock this year and hopefully you will enjoy another successful season!
8 or 10 win season good luck in 2012
RunItUpTheGut Wrote::hilarious:

LOL...yeah, I know.

I appreciate the kind comments RIUTG. We'll see what happens this next season. Again, it will come down to how bad the boys want it. They lost a lot of talent, return a considerable amount and like I said earlier, it will come down to how well the replacements of the talent gone can play defense. Another question mark is who will be the workhorse running the ball. You were definitely the voice of optimism last year and seem to be continuing it this year. I am not an optimist about much of anything and more of a realist and hope all goes well.
I know your boys over there at Whitley will improve this next year as I don't think you all lost much. The big running back will be a load to handle this next year, his senior year at Whitley. I look for a tough tight game in this one. Nobody will run of with the win in this one I don't think. Good luck to your Whitley boys.
papagrit Wrote:LOL...That's funny! The part about LWC....on the other part, I preferred the outcome from this past year. But....we know who will be favored this fall in this game. What did you all have graduate?...Not many I don't think.

I think it was 5 seniors. None of the skill positions. I do know that they've been working harder than ever in the weight room. I expect the Lakers to be the district favorites, but a lot can change over the course of a year. This will be the first year these kids will have to go east of 75 to play a game. So, that will be an experience.
Perry,Cent is going to be young but if they can find a QB and a couple of lineman they will be fine, They will have a good freshman QB in Napier and a lot of speed and freshmen at running back and wide receivers they are building for the future and Haddix the coach in a couple of years will have a very good team and fast.

Estill--cant run on rock

I wouldn't say that. Estill ran for just about 300 Yards on Rock. Coming into that game Rock hadn't allowed no more than 8 points a game on their defense and Estill put up 19.

Sheldon Clark - 60 Rushing Yards

Frankfort - (-1 Rushing Yards)

Whitley County - 176 Rushing Yards

Estill County - 289 Rushing Yards

So I wouldn't say that Estill can't run on Rock. Rock was just the better team and has been the better team against Estill for awhile.

I've talked to someone close to the Estill football program about the Schedules and he said that was probably gonna go old school and bring back there old opponents, like Morgan County (which we already play them), the Carters, Lewis, Nicholas, Fleming and the schools that they played back in the beginning of the 2000's
I think the Rock will be just fine if some of these boys step up . I am curious as well on who will be the work horse they is 3 boys I think are skilled enough to do it . I think our linebackers and secondary will be better the question mark is D- line jarred lakes will be a stud but who else is joining the D-line.
Its good to see the ROCK back in contention.
papagrit Wrote:LOL...yeah, I know.

I appreciate the kind comments RIUTG. We'll see what happens this next season. Again, it will come down to how bad the boys want it. They lost a lot of talent, return a considerable amount and like I said earlier, it will come down to how well the replacements of the talent gone can play defense. Another question mark is who will be the workhorse running the ball. You were definitely the voice of optimism last year and seem to be continuing it this year. I am not an optimist about much of anything and more of a realist and hope all goes well.
I know your boys over there at Whitley will improve this next year as I don't think you all lost much. The big running back will be a load to handle this next year, his senior year at Whitley. I look for a tough tight game in this one. Nobody will run of with the win in this one I don't think. Good luck to your Whitley boys.

No problem man.
I have as much respect for Rock as i do anyone in the state.
Rock has shown excellence on the football field longer than most of the posters on here have been alive.
I'm glad Whitley and Rock were able to set back up a contract, with Whitley getting Bell and Rock every year it makes it feel just like the old 3A district that i loved so much and played in.
Bryant is a load and a half, continuing Whitleys great running backs theyve had over the years.
The biggest question for us IMO is our offensive line. We lost a lot of guys last year off that line, but that is literally all we lost. I'm looking forward to see how we respond with new kids up front. We return every skill position pretty much and to be honest, even though we had a 3-8 year last year, I was very pleased with our efforts and was excited to see how much progress we made throughout the year until that disaster of a game at SW.
I think your district will get a early season gauge to the whos who in that district with Whitley taking on Russell in the first game and Rock in the second game. I would love for us to drop Lynn Camp and pick up Knox Central as well. It should be a good yer, but tough schedules can make or break a team, the one thing thats for certain is it will only better prepare us come playoff time.

Good luck this year Rock fans, its always a pleasure.
169 days till Gameday
How has spring practice went or have they had it yet?
They have been some 40 times improve this year as a group
Aug 18, 12 Grant County
Aug 24, 12 Frankfort home
Aug 31, 12 Whitley County away
Sep 7, 12 Estill County home
Sep 14, 12 Pulaski County away
Sep 21, 12 Perry County Central home
Sep 28, 12 Russell County away
Oct 12, 12 Knox Central home
Oct 19, 12 Clay County away
Oct 26, 12 Montgomery County home
Papagrit the Estill/Rock JV game is set for Monday October 15 at Estill at 6 PM