Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 11th Region Draw
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wed 2/29 - Madison Central -vs- Bryan Station

Wed 2/29 - Lexington Catholic -vs- Woodford County

Thurs 3/1 - Franklin County -vs- Madison Southern

Thurs 3/1 - Scott County -vs- Lafayette

Semi-Finals - Sat 3/3

Region Finals - Tues 3/6

All Games are played at Alumni Coliseum, EKU
Let's Go Jackets!
If there was ever a cake walk in the 11th region, Scott Co. just got one.
^

Scott Co chances of winning the 11th, just got better with the good draw but whoever they play in the Championship it wont be a easy game.

My predictions

Madison Central
Woodford Co

Franklin Co
Scott Co

Madison Central
Scott Co

Scott Co

Good luck to all teams.
What does Lexington Catholic have this year?
Top-10 teams Scott County and Madison Central drew into opposite brackets in the boys' 11th Region tournament, but that doesn't mean they're locks to meet in the finals, or even guaranteed to win their first-round games.

No. 3 Scott County plays Lafayette in the opening round at EKU's Alumni Coliseum, and No. 6 Madison Central faces Bryan Station.

"You can take our (district) runners-up and make a tough region out of them," Scott County Coach Billy Hicks said. "We've probably got the four best runners-up in the whole state. There are no easy draws here."

Madison Central Coach Allen Feldhaus agreed.

"It's pretty much the same every year. You come over here thinking, 'Is there a team I really want to draw?' You look at the four choices and figure it doesn't make any difference. You have to play to beat any of them.

"If you look at the records of Bryan Station (12-20) and Lafayette (13-18), they're not indicative of the type of teams they are. They're scary."

Bryan Station gave Madison Central a scare in early January, pushing the Indians to the wire before losing 75-71.

Lafayette, with no seniors on its roster, has shown progress down the home stretch of the season. It came close to upsetting No. 12 Lexington Catholic in the 43rd District finals before falling 40-37 on a last-second three-pointer.

Lexington Catholic, the defending region champion, didn't get an easy draw. The Knights play Woodford County, which has 6-foot-7 Jay Johnson. He will go against Lexington Catholic's big man, 6-9 junior Jack Whitman.

In the girls' 11th Region, defending champ Madison Central may be a slight favorite. The No. 8 Indians beat No. 14 Paul Laurence Dunbar 73-65 nine days ago.

But Madison Central drew a tough first-round region opponent in No. 17 Lexington Catholic. It beat the Knights by only two points (45-43) last month.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2012/02/25/20840...rylink=cpy
Madison Central vs Scott County in the finals, Madison Central defense vs Scott County offense, could be a good one!!!!
Looking at the bracket. Scott County vs Madison Central in the final, with Scott County taking home the hardwear. Lex Cath has an outside shot.
I hate Madison Central's draw. Bryan Station has one of the best players in the state.
Looks like another miss for the MC basketball team.
wildthang3 Wrote:Looks like another miss for the MC basketball team.

What does that mean? Madison Central is going to struggle against Station?
ekff Wrote:I hate Madison Central's draw. Bryan Station has one of the best players in the state.

Problem with this statement is almost every team has a top player in state.

Station - Beckham
Madison Central - Hawkins
Lex Cath - Whitman
Scott Co - Manning
Woodford - Johnson

I'll take this five and take on any all state team you want to try against them.
Hicks, like any other coach, said what he was supposed to. I guarantee he went home smiling.