Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Who Will Win the 15th Region?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What do you think? Vote in the poll!
Pike Central has no shot. Just being realistic.
OffTheHook Wrote:Pike Central has no shot. Just being realistic.

You think so?

I'll go out on a limb and say Paintsville won't make it out either.
J-Rod Wrote:You think so?

I'll go out on a limb and say Paintsville won't make it out either.

I didn't say they would.

But, I will say they have a better shot than PC.
Pike Central vs Paintsville 1st round of regional tournament. 1 of them will definitely be in the semis.
Because it is only an 8 team tourney
sportsfanatic Wrote:Pike Central vs Paintsville 1st round of regional tournament. 1 of them will definitely be in the semis.

Well....imagine that...lol.
Has someone from the selection committee been watching this thread closely?

LMAO!
^ I was thinking the same thing...lol.
I'll go with Shelby Valley.
Magoffin County and Shelby Vally will meet in the semi-finals on friday night. This will be the championship game.
Valley.
BUNDY Wrote:Magoffin County and Shelby Vally will meet in the semi-finals on friday night. This will be the championship game.

Took the words right from me. And the winner of this will face Paintsvillle more than likely.
I have watched every team in this region play more than three times, and I really think that Magoffin co and Pike Central r the 2 best teams just because they both play good defense and have good inside game, just really think sv lives and dies by the three pointer.
nature boy Wrote:I have watched every team in this region play more than three times, and I really think that Magoffin co and Pike Central r the 2 best teams just because they both play good defense and have good inside game, just really think sv lives and dies by the three pointer.

Pike Central has won 20 games. Eight of those wins have come against Piarist, Cordia, Phelps and Jenkins. They have only 1 win against a team that has a winning record that being Betsy Layne. If Paintsville doesn't right the ship before Tuesday they might pull off an upset, but if Paintsville is on their game they will beat Pike Central by 10 or more. I think Magoffin has already beaten Pike Central earlier in the season and I don't see a different result in a future meeting.
nature boy Wrote:I have watched every team in this region play more than three times, and I really think that Magoffin co and Pike Central r the 2 best teams just because they both play good defense and have good inside game, just really think sv lives and dies by the three pointer.

I think Fraley and Mullins would disagree with you.

I agree that the Magoffin/SV game in the second round (If both make it), will be the championship. PC doesn't have enough fire power and Paintsville has been playing too inconsistant. However, it is Tourny time, Who knows what will happen.

Seems like its a whole lot of living and not much dying tho.
BUNDY Wrote:Magoffin County and Shelby Vally will meet in the semi-finals on friday night. This will be the championship game.

So why are they even playing the Game on Saturday?

For your info. MC has already beaten SV this season and Paintsville has beaten MC once this season. Heck, neither of them may even make it to Friday. Let's just sit back and see what happens and enjoy the show, they call "March Madness"!
OffTheHook Wrote:So why are they even playing the Game on Saturday?

For your info. MC has already beaten SV this season and Paintsville has beaten MC once this season. Heck, neither of them may even make it to Friday. Let's just sit back and see what happens and enjoy the show, they call "March Madness"!

Right BUT SV is playing much better ball now, the loss to MC was way back in January.
Hillbilly Heartthrob Wrote:Right BUT SV is playing much better ball now, the loss to MC was way back in January.

That's still no reason to just go ahead and hand them or MC the trophy.
Ok, Paintsville has a good shot a winning too. Crybaby.
Hillbilly Heartthrob Wrote:Ok, Paintsville has a good shot a winning too. Crybaby.

this is a little much -- calling someone a crybaby? come on now...i hope valley wins it too, but we must admit unless someone sneaks in and starts playing phenomenally, this is really a 3-team race. paintsville has beaten mc, mc has beaten sv, and sv has beaten paintsville. any of these 3 could win it. then again, any of these 3 could choke and lose out in the 1st round. we will have to wait and see.
Hillbilly Heartthrob Wrote:Ok, Paintsville has a good shot a winning too. Crybaby.

Talk about Childish.

No one is crying at all. Heck I'm the one that said none of them may make it. Paintsville has to beat Pike Central (Which I think they will) and Pikeville (If they even make it) just to get there.

Some of you take shit toooo serious. Grow up a little.

"Crybaby".......I'm still LMAO over that one. :Sad04:
No, actually the guy meant MC and SV are the 2 best teams in it, because of the way they have been playing of late.

Paintsville beat MC way back in the first week in December, MC has beat them 3 times since. and just look at the last victory in the district championship, MC dominated them.

and the crybaby comment was because of you getting upset because the guy didn't mention your Tigers.
I'd have to go with Magoffin as the clear favorite out of the top bracket IMO, but the bottom bracket is a little trickier for me. I'd say go with Paintsville, but after Magoffin spanked them in the district Championship that's a tough one to call.
Hillbilly Heartthrob Wrote:No, actually the guy meant MC and SV are the 2 best teams in it, because of the way they have been playing of late.

Paintsville beat MC way back in the first week in December, MC has beat them 3 times since. and just look at the last victory in the district championship, MC dominated them.

and the crybaby comment was because of you getting upset because the guy didn't mention your Tigers.

LOL...Please. No one was getting upset about anything.

I just thought it was funny how people are trying to crown someone champs with out them even playing the first game.

Only thing that upset me was you jumping in and acting like a child, calling some a name like a first grader.. And that didn't really upset me. Just showed everyone your maturity.

EVERYONE knows that MC is the favorite and SV and PHS should be your next two. BUT, like I said....this is March and ANYTHING can happen.
sportsfanatic Wrote:Pike Central vs Paintsville 1st round of regional tournament. 1 of them will definitely be in the semis.

Sure hope Paintsville gets more sportsmanship out of Pike Central than others schools are getting. Football team walked off the field when Coach Haywood broke the record and girls basketball team did the same Friday night @ Phelps. They walked off the court, didn't shake hands, and damn sure didn't show any type of sportsmanship on the court. Why is it that they can get by with that type of behavior and others would be punished before they get home??
LCDawg Wrote:I'd have to go with Magoffin as the clear favorite out of the top bracket IMO, but the bottom bracket is a little trickier for me. I'd say go with Paintsville, but after Magoffin spanked them in the district Championship that's a tough one to call.

I would have to disagree with you here. In case you didn't realize, Shelby Valley is also in the top bracket with Magoffin.

Magoffin might be the favorite to come out of the top, but only slightly. MC and SV played a fairly even matchup back in the All-A, and it could easily go Valley's way in a rematch.
Yes it is March and MC Lady Hornets are LUCKY to leave the Expo with a win! Belfry gave them ALL the wanted and then some!
Like Belfry had one? Oops they did.
Pages: 1 2