Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Prestonsburg 56 Betsy Lane 46 (58th District Championship)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final!
Like I said, it's hard to beat a team three times in the same season.

Congrats Blackcats!
Looked to me like Jr didn't want to win this one.. And his grandson all tournament?
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:Like I said, it's hard to beat a team three times in the same season.

Congrats Blackcats!

They had already beat em 3 times genius
100%SUCCESS Wrote:They had already beat em 3 times genius
Well, they didn't beat them tonight when it counted. Why so tense? Maybe he just mis-counted.
I'm glad to see one Derossett get a district championship. Bl is way to soft. The Hamilton kid was getting position but Meade and Case was trying to score by their self. When bl realizes if they play like a team, the sky is the limit.

Did anyone see coach derossett in the stands with his jersey twirling it around?

Jarrell is a player from pburg, the sky is the limit for that kid.
Congrats to Andrew Roberts for being named 58th District Player of the year. Andrew is a great kid!
Congratulations Prestonsburg Blackcats!!!
Didn't expect this......Congrats Blackcats.
Congrats Blackcats
These two teams cannot compete with Johnson Central or Sheldon Clark. I predict and early exit for both in region tourney. Loser of 57th will consider it a buy if they get the Burg in opening round.....
gettheball Wrote:These two teams cannot compete with Johnson Central or Sheldon Clark. I predict and early exit for both in region tourney. Loser of 57th will consider it a buy if they get the Burg in opening round.....

They can go ahead & consider it a buy. If this P'burg team plays like they did last night that 57th District team will be in the stands with me.
Great job Blackcats & coaching staff. This team played there butts off last night. Jamerson, Stapleton, & Bentley owned the paint. The dribble penetration of Jarrell, Hall, & Williams was unstopable. I think Jamerson & Stapleton had a bottle of windex in there shorts because they where cleaning the glass all night long. Not to mention i lost count on Jamersons blocks he had so many. Kudos to the 8th grader Dalton Frasure for putting in some quality minutes & hitting some huge free throws.
Good luck in the Regionals to Betsy Layne & Prestonsburg.
Wow 7 wins last year to 16 & a District Championship this year. Great job by the coaching staff & team.
gettheball Wrote:These two teams cannot compete with Johnson Central or Sheldon Clark. I predict and early exit for both in region tourney. Loser of 57th will consider it a buy if they get the Burg in opening round.....
Cant compete? I seem to remember Pburg playing JC just last week and it was about a five point game the whole way. And this was at Central. So got ahead and look over Pburg... If you do you'll exit in the first round, same as you did last year.
Prestonsburg controlled this entire game with their physical defense & rebounding.

It was a great atmosphere last night and congrats to both teams on a great game!
Congrats Blackcats!

No one ever spells Layne right in Betsy Layne. Lol
100%SUCCESS Wrote:They had already beat em 3 times genius

TheRealVille Wrote:Well, they didn't beat them tonight when it counted. Why so tense? Maybe he just mis-counted.

Yeah, I missed the All A game. You mad or something 100%SUCCESS?
No, I just wanted to be a smarta**
Touché
Does anybody have any stats for this game?
Only stats I can remember are that BL shot somewhere around 15-52 from the field...Case was 2-17 and Meade was 1-10.

Hard to beat a team 4 times in a year? Myth. Give credit where credits due, Pburg played tough defense and hit critical shots late. Betsy Layne wasnt tough enough as a team to mount a comeback. They gotta find the defensive toughness that they had last year and at times earlier this season.