Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Rasheed Wallace to join the Lakers?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.hoops-nation.com/top-news-ras...in-lakers/

Moments ago, CSNNE.com confirmed that Rasheed Wallace and the Los Angeles Lakers are close to a deal.

According to sources, ‘Sheed is in magnificent shape, and can be a solid role player for the Los Angeles Lakers. Wallace hasn’t played since the 2009/10 season. He averaged 9 points and 4 rebounds for the Boston Celtics, in about 22 minutes per game.

Currently, Troy Murphy is the backup power forward for the Lakers. Los Angeles also has Josh McRoberts, who has not been seeing much playing time under Coach Brown.

Now I know this isn't official and not even that big of a story. But, how do you all feel it will affect the Lakers if it is in fact true? Will it help? Hurt? Or really not change anything? Just wanted to get this out there.
?? Lakers organization would completely confuse me if they did this. Isnt our problem at pg? Solution, Wallace? I think not.
All I have to say is.... WHY?
He would provide some relief if they decide to trade a big man.
He can also open up the paint a little more because you have to respect his range.

but....
he sucks lol
A few seasons ago I would have loved this trade for the Lakers. Now I'm dubious that 'Sheed has anything left in the tank.
Lakers have fallen to the point where they are one of those teams searching for and needing to catch lighting in a bottle.
Lakers weaknesses are at PG and SF. I don't understand this.
Aslan Wrote:Lakers weaknesses are at PG and SF. I don't understand this.

Same thing I said man
I'd rather have him than Murphy.
I don't think they need another malcontent.
Aslan Wrote:Lakers weaknesses are at PG and SF. I don't understand this.

But the frontcourt is the only thing they have to put on the market.
This would make parting with those guys easier if Rasheed has anything left
this would be one of those head scratchers, but hey maybe they know something we dont.
If he had a good workout then it may be worth it.
They worked out Arenas and didn't sign him....
and LA needs a PG.
Im all for this. I think he can still play some good ball.