Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Reported today in the USA TODAY 5.96 FOR A GAL OF GAS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[INDENT]Reding the USA TODAY,today I came read that the good people in the Disney Land area(Florida)was being charged 5.96 (maybe 5.94) can't remember for 1 gal of gas. [/INDENT]
update

Source gasbuddy.com
The highest Regular gas price is $6.06 of Shell located at 8788 Vineland Ave, Orlando, FL 32821.
WOW!! I wonder of they did that because of All-Star Weekend?
^
If thats the case they should be fined for price gauging since its illegal.
Those of you who blame oil companies for high gas prices are misplacing your outrage. The Obama administration has no long term interest in lower gas prices. They will blame Republicans and the oil companies between now and the election but if you give him a second term, then the sky will be the limit.

The only way that alternative energies like wind, solar, and algae will become widely used is if liberals can successfully drive oil prices through the roof. Obama is waging a war against oil and coal and unless people wake up, prices are going to go much higher over the next five years. After that, it may be too late to bring sanity back to our federal government.

Energy Secretary Chu Admits Administration OK with High Gas Prices

Chu: DOE working to wean U.S. off oil, not lower prices
^
Nicely said and 100% correct.
This is what the 99%'ters get when they continue to allow the 1%'ters to run the country.

And even sadder is when the 99%'ers really think that one party is better than the other.

Sadly we, the 99%'ers deserve all of the bad we allow them to do to this country.
^
Thats where i think some Americans go wrong.
I completely agree about the 1%ers. However, everything in the country, including politics is all about the money.
Give me a 60 year old farmer who has made his money farming with no education running for office and ill prolly vote for him. Problem is, nobody wants to. Also, if they did youve got oppoents with millions of dollars to spend to get their name out there while the "little man" has no chance of succeeding when he cant afford the gas to drive to other places.
Its our own fault that we've allowed these type of politcians to exist, especially in the senate where career politcians thrive.
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:This is what the 99%'ters get when they continue to allow the 1%'ters to run the country.

And even sadder is when the 99%'ers really think that one party is better than the other.

Sadly we, the 99%'ers deserve all of the bad we allow them to do to this country.
I don't see any Republicans advocating higher gasoline prices, do you? I agree that most Republican politicians are no better than their Democratic counterparts but the fiscal conservatives who understand our capitalist system and the threat posed by the Obama debt explosion are almost all Republicans. Unfortunately, the big spending Republican moderates outnumber them and are in control of the party.

But if you want to ensure higher gasoline prices after the November election, then vote for Obama. It is one promise that he is working hard to keep,.
Please provide some links where the current president is advocating higher gas prices.

Thanks.
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:Please provide some links where the current president is advocating higher gas prices.

Thanks.
I just posted two links where Obama's Secretary of the Department of Energy said that lower gasoline prices are not his department's top priority. On energy matters, Chu speaks for the Obama administration. In the past, Chu has advocated higher gas prices to force Americans to begin switching to alternative energy sources.

Obama personally explained that his energy policies would cause utility rates to rise during the 2008 campaign. He also said that people could build new coal-fired power plants if they want but that they would go bankrupt.

Have you ever wondered why Obama and the Democrats never tried to pass a windfall profits tax on the oil companies after telling the American people throughout the Bush years that big oil companies needed to be punished for price gouging? They were lying then about the oil companies being the cause of rising gas prices and they are lying now when they claim that their energy policies have nothing to do with the rising prices.

Obama wants higher gas prices but he does not want to be blamed until after the election.

I could post a link to Obama's comments on the dangers of fossil fuels but it has been posted several times before. You seem determined not to blame politicians for this mess even when Obama's own Energy Secretary admitted that his administration is not focused on doing anything to lower prices.
I have read the older ones was looking for something new.

For the record I won't waste my time voting for the R-OR- THE D-SIDE.

Neither care bout this country nor the people in it.

Did the R-Party ever talk or do anything about taxing the oil companies during their eight year run?
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:I have read the older ones was looking for something new.

For the record I won't waste my time voting for the R-OR- THE D-SIDE.

Neither care bout this country nor the people in it.

Did the R-Party ever talk or do anything about taxing the oil companies during their eight year run?
I hope not. Did you want higher gas prices? Because you and I would have been the ones paying those taxes that Democrats advocated. The windfall profits tax was one of the stupidest taxes ever proposed and that is why the Democrats did not pass it into law when they controlled all three branches of government.

With all of the demonization that Obama and his fellow Congressional Democrats did of Bush and Cheney as "big oil" men - gas prices have more than doubled since Obama became president.

Obama has set into motion regulatory actions that will result in a real energy crisis over the next few years. You cannot arbitrarily shut down power plants, block coal mining permits, and place our best oil reserves off limits without it impacting prices.

NCF, when the rolling brown outs begin in a few years and Obama blames the Republicans, expect an "I told you so." :truestory:
I am not one who likes to see the gov get into others matters, but the oil companies are killing this nation, so maybe the gov needs to do something different when it comes to them.

What they are being allowed to do is killing the 99%'ters slowly.
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:I am not one who likes to see the gov get into others matters, but the oil companies are killing this nation, so maybe the gov needs to do something different when it comes to them.

What they are being allowed to do is killing the 99%'ters slowly.
The government has never been more involved with energy in this company. The problem is that Democrats are at war with coal and oil and they are working to reduce consumption instead of trying to increase production and keep prices low. Remember what happened when Reagan deregulated the domestic oil production. Prices fell and the oil embargo fell apart.

I don't know if you are old enough to remember Nixon's WIN (Whip Inflation Now) campaign, which involved wage and price controls but it was a lesson in what happens when government tries to control prices. Shortages and lines grow and prices rise. Black markets appear, where products subject to price controls are traded at their true market value.

More government is not the answer. The federal government is sucking this country dry of its wealth and dooming us to a declining standard of living.
I remember gas prices being high under bush and Obama. So why was they high under bush if its Obama's fault.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:I remember gas prices being high under bush and Obama. So why was they high under bush if its Obama's fault.
When prices peaked under Bush, the global economy was doing well and the unemployment rate was well under 6 percent. As the recession deepened, prices began to decline and bottomed out about the time of the bank bailouts.

Expectations play a major role in setting gas prices. When the economy was booming under Bush, people expected gas prices to rise in the future. That changed with the financial crisis, so prices dropped sharply.

With Obama's war on oil and coal, people expect prices to rise in the future even though the global economy still has not recovered in most parts of the world, including the US. Our unemployment rate is still above 8 percent and gas consumption is still down sharply from the pre-recession levels. Normally, gas prices would be much lower than they are, yet they have broken record highs for this time of year.

The federal government's policies can help manage expectations by assuring the population that it is doing everything possible to keep energy prices low and to ensure that there will be no shortage of supplies in the forseeable future.

Obama and the Democrats have done the exact opposite to what needs to be done. They have been blocking drilling of oil in areas like ANWR for years. While arguing at times that it would take 8 to 10 years or more to develop those reserves (so, they reason it would not provide immediate relief to high gas prices), they have dumped billions of dollars into alternative energy companies that will not be competitive with carbon based fuels for decades.

There is a logical argument to be made that high oil prices will hasten the adoption of alternative fuels, but left wing ideologues like Obama are not being honest and making that argument. That is why Secretary Chu's comments are so noteworthy. He appears to be stating the honest policy goals of the administration. People who fervently want this country to abandon oil and coal know that their vision will only become reality when alternative fuels become the cheapest energy alternative.

The problem with that kind of thinking is that our major economic competitors have no intention of abandoning cheaper energy sources like oil and coal, and energy price costs are a major component of the cost of manufactures consumer products. China opens a new coal-fired power plant every week, while our own government seeks to drive energy prices ever higher and force the adoption of more expensive energy sources.

I have been saying for years that the biggest reason that the US has seen millions of jobs exported to other countries is not cheap labor costs but government policies that place our companies at a competitive disadvantage. I never expected that we would ever elect a president who lacked an "America first" attitude but that is exactly what happened in 2008.

The argument can be made that beginning with George H. W. Bush, all of our recent presidents have worked toward establishing a new world order and to "spread the wealth" around the world but Obama has taken that concept to a new level. The ratification of NAFTA under Clinton accelerated our rate of decline, but Bush I laid the groundwork for that treaty.
Things are not working the way they are now especially under the last two presidents(8 YEARS FOR THE R AND 3 PLUS UNDER THE D)

BOTH OF THOSE PARTIES TAKE SO MUCH MONEY FROM THE OIL GOONS THAT UNTIL THE 99%'ERS STOP VOTING THEM IN THINGS WILL CONTINUE TO GO DOWNHILL.
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:Things are not working the way they are now especially under the last two presidents(8 YEARS FOR THE R AND 3 PLUS UNDER THE D)

BOTH OF THOSE PARTIES TAKE SO MUCH MONEY FROM THE OIL GOONS THAT UNTIL THE 99%'ERS STOP VOTING THEM IN THINGS WILL CONTINUE TO GO DOWNHILL.
Oil companies have been donating money to politicians since Henry Ford's day and gasoline prices were never as high in March as they are today. Don't blame the oil companies for incompetent and corrupt politicians.

Also, keep in mind that it does often take several years to obtain permits to drill for oil or to mine coal, so the full impact of Obama's war on oil and coal will not be felt for at least four or five years.

If the politicians were working in the big oil companies' interest, would the Obama administration not be making it easier to explore, permit, and drill wells where the best remaining reserves are located? The Bush administration did what it could to increase domestic oil production from federal lands but Democrats in the Senate blocked legislation from getting to the floor for a vote (Republicans never controlled 60 votes to block a filibuster.)

There is a difference between the two parties. Republicans want to increase oil and coal production in this country to keep prices low and Democrats want higher prices so that you will be forced to reduce your use of gas and electricity.

The Democrats had their chance to show that they were serious about lowering gasoline prices when they controlled both Houses of Congress during Obama's first two years in office. It is time to give the Republicans a chance. If they fail, then hold them accountable in 2014.

Sitting out the election and pretending that there are no real differences between the two parties when it comes to energy policies will just make the problem worse. Algae is not going to be powering most American cars in our lifetimes and it is time to stop pretending that it will.
For the 27th consecutive day, gas prices rose today. The average nationwide price now stands at $3.77/gal.

[INDENT]
Quote:Pump prices rise again, oil prices steady

The average price at the gas pump pushed toward $3.80 per gallon Monday as oil prices remained stubbornly high because of tensions tied to Iran's nuclear program.

The nationwide average for gasoline rose less than a penny overnight to $3.77 a gallon, which was the 27th consecutive day of gains, according to AAA, Wright Express and the Oil Price Information Service. The price has risen 32 cents, or 9.3 percent, since Feb. 1.
[/INDENT]
THERE WAS ANOTHER EXCUSE TODAY ADDED TO WHY OIL IS SO HIGH.

http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/62155862-...z1oIfuIXK5