Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Hazard -vs- Buckhorn (54th District Championship)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hazard -vs- Buckhorn for the 54th District Championship..

Saturday 2/25/12

Who you got?
Last night was a night to dog Perry -or- to congratulate Buckhorn but guess what.... Life goes on Perry is gone and its time for BGR to move on....

The last time they played in was a pretty good ball game. Buckhorn 41-38....

I did pick Buckhorn to beat Perry but I'm taking the Bulldogs in this one... Maybe my Bulldog pride talking but oh well...

Hazard - 50
Buckhorn - 47
With an injured point guard in Hollan, don't think the Dogs can get this one. Should be a good game, but Buckhorn will win this one.
Buckhorn wins a nail biter 48-45. Game MVP to Trevor Easterling. I think Big Al will have a great defensive gameplan on Day minimizing his scoring. Easterling will do what he has done to Perry and Knott in the past week and wins the game for the Horn.
After last night, who the h*ll knows what is going to happen. As far as who do I want to win, that's hard. On one hand, would love to see Buckhorn win a District Title since it's been so long. In fact, kinda want to see them win the Region and go to state. Those seniors deserve it. On the other hand, I have been amazed at what Hazard has done this year. Everyone wrote them off when their "best players" decided not to play, but those boys have competed with the best teams in the region this year. They had to have absolutely worked their butts off all year long. Regardless of which team wins, thumbs up to both of them.
Gotta go with the Bulldogs !! GO BIG BLUE !!!
Tri-County Bulldogs -vs- The Lake Crew
ANEWPAT Wrote:After last night, who the h*ll knows what is going to happen. As far as who do I want to win, that's hard. On one hand, would love to see Buckhorn win a District Title since it's been so long. In fact, kinda want to see them win the Region and go to state. Those seniors deserve it. On the other hand, I have been amazed at what Hazard has done this year. Everyone wrote them off when their "best players" decided not to play, but those boys have competed with the best teams in the region this year. They had to have absolutely worked their butts off all year long. Regardless of which team wins, thumbs up to both of them.

Both VERY true...

Good Post...
I think the magic continues for the Wildcats. Buckhorn 51-46.
ANEWPAT Wrote:After last night, who the h*ll knows what is going to happen. As far as who do I want to win, that's hard. On one hand, would love to see Buckhorn win a District Title since it's been so long. In fact, kinda want to see them win the Region and go to state. Those seniors deserve it. On the other hand, I have been amazed at what Hazard has done this year. Everyone wrote them off when their "best players" decided not to play, but those boys have competed with the best teams in the region this year. They had to have absolutely worked their butts off all year long. Regardless of which team wins, thumbs up to both of them.

Why does Buckhorn's seniors deserve it anymore than Hazard's seniors? Or Leslie's? Or PCC's?
catsrule Wrote:Why does Buckhorn's seniors deserve it anymore than Hazard's seniors? Or Leslie's? Or PCC's?

Because they have all been together so long, have worked hard and have had little recognition for it. And, Confusednicker: because they took PCC out in the first round of the district and made this tournament so much better for me!
only reason i'm not picking hazard is because of the injury to hollan.

Buckhorn 57

Hazard 49
catsrule Wrote:Why does Buckhorn's seniors deserve it anymore than Hazard's seniors? Or Leslie's? Or PCC's?

Because they have been together since they first started playing basketball in elementary school. That is not something that happens too often in todays world of recruiting and transfers.

Besides all I have heard all year is how young Hazard is and now people are asking why their seniors don't deserve it. I didn't think they had any seniors.

With all that said Hazard by 4.
If you're a neutral party it's hard not to root for Buckhorn at this point.
It's like cheering against Hickory in Hoosiers lol

Hazard's 1 senior is the kid from SL... Only played in this region for 1 year..

PCC - 3 senior's but 1 in Jaysean...

Everyone is just happy for these seniors from Buckhorn because they all have stayed together and built a pretty good team together.
Buckhorn by 5, it'll stay 2-3 points the whole way.
Buckhorn wins and then draws Knott first game of the region after they lose to Letcher on Saturday! Smile
I think buckhorn will win.

buckhorn- 60

hazard- 53
Downtown10 Wrote:only reason i'm not picking hazard is because of the injury to hollan.

Buckhorn 57

Hazard 49

Hollan played against Leslie Co. and looked fine to me!
zaga_fan Wrote:If you're a neutral party it's hard not to root for Buckhorn at this point.
It's like cheering against Hickory in Hoosiers lol

Heck, even if you are not a neutral party it's hard not to root for Buckhorn. Especially John Noble he is a class act!!!
John Noble should be coach of the year. He's a great coach and a great guy to go along with it. With that said, my heart says Buckhorn over Hazard. However, it's hard to beat Hazard's money! I say Hazard will win this one but the Zebras will do all of the work. Kep your head up Buckhorn if it does happen. You're the team to beat!

I know a family member of a kid who played for Hazard. They told me that after every win, the boys would find $100 in each of their lockers after the game. Shoes would randomly show up on their door steps after big wins. Not saying any of it's true but the source is good.
So is this game tonite or saturday???? anyone know?? according to KHSAA it has them playing tonite at 7??
Game is tomorrow night (Saturday)!! GO DAWGS !!!
KyGurl Wrote:Game is tomorrow night (Saturday)!! GO DAWGS !!!

Go Dawgs !!
Go Horn
Strikeout King Wrote:Go Horn

Hey SK, what's that all about?

You just keep ur 2 cents in the 56th...

JK with ya buddy..

Horn bandwagon is bigger then Tebow or Lin
Axel Foley Wrote:I think the magic continues for the Wildcats. Buckhorn 51-46.

Magic?? There's no magic in this one! Buckhorn is the better team and I think that the best game of the 54th District Tournament was the Perry Central/Buckhorn game.

Da Horn wins by 10.
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:Hollan played against Leslie Co. and looked fine to me!

he played limited minutes against leslie. Playing limited minutes means he still must be having problems with it. Hazard will need him the whole game and if that ankle is not good enough for him to play his best then I dont see them winning.
zaga_fan Wrote:Go Dawgs !!

come on now zf stop straddling the fence now either its buckhorn or hazard...
Buckhorn-53
Hazard-50
Pages: 1 2