Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 15th region softball allstate picks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
who will be picked for allstate softball?
I'm glad to see that LC joined . The only players from the 15th last year on the all- star teams were Bentley from Shelby Valley and Gooch from Pikeville .
[quote author=tigershark link=topic=20732.msg211048#msg211048 date=1142346423]
I'm glad to see that LC joined . The only players from the 15th last year on the all- star teams were Bentley from Shelby Valley and Gooch from Pikeville .
[/quote]

Pikeville is single A and Colvin was a 1st teamer last year.  Gooch and Sam Neeley also received votes, but I am not sure they were 1st team.  Cortney Bentley made 2nd team all-state in 2A...the most competitive class (Just look at the previous state champions).  Look for her to move up to 1st team this season.  Also, keep an eye out for SV's Lucinda Varney, Cati Case, Gina Hall, and Esther Fleming to receive some all-state recognition.  East Ridge's Jodi Yates, Courtney Conley, Samantha Smith, and Jami Baldridge could recieve some recognition this season in 2A.  Russell at Paintsville and Conley at JC could via for a spot on the all-state team.
The coaches for these teams need to join the ksca before these girls can ever stand a chance of getting any kind of recognition like this . The last time I checked there were only four head coaches that were members.
Who were those coaches?
Lawrence County , Magoffin County , Pikeville , Shelby Valley.Their web site is kyhighschoolsoftball.com
you have to be a member of the coaches association to nominate or vote on allstate or academic allstate or east/west all stars.march 15th is the deadline.
Michaela Howard of Magoffin Co. should be considered for this honor.
brittney schaeffer senior ss for lawrence county..405 batting avg.,28 runs scored,18 rbi,only 8 errors in 28 games,will be playing for eastern ky. univ. this fall
Cortney Bentley, Caitlyn Case, Gina Hall, Ashleigh Stanley, and Kayla Cantrell got the necessary exposure to earn the votes of schools outside of the 15th region while competing in the Lowe's Classic. 12 teams participated in this prestigious tournament. Six regional champions and three runners-up from 2005. Nine of the 12 teams were rated in the states top-25. SV defeated #17 Lou. Manual and #23 Larue County. If you want your kids to earn votes, you have to travel to London, Lex., Louisville, or Owensboro to let the coaches see them play against the state's best teams.
Lawrence Co has 3 nominees Brittany Schaeffer Kelsey Caudill and Keisha Bowen.