Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Man Gets Prison Time For Junky Yard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A Brevard County man has become the first in the area to get a prison sentence for a junky front yard.

[YOUTUBE="wrA-mkoWhiM"]wrA-mkoWhiM[/YOUTUBE]

http://news.yahoo.com/video/orlandowesh-...82183.html
Their's a guy that lives right down the road from me that has a junky yard, like really bad
Its his land though. He has a fence up. He is not hurting anyone. This is completely stupid. You can be caught driving drunk 3 times and not get that much jail time. Just stupid.
this guy has fences up around his property too and he also has cars sitting literally right next to the road
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Its his land though. He has a fence up. He is not hurting anyone. This is completely stupid. You can be caught driving drunk 3 times and not get that much jail time. Just stupid.

My thoughts exactly.
This is something that i believe invades a private personal rights.
If you own land and your name is on the deed then you should have the right to do with your property whatever you want.

Its the same way when you buy land on a "restricted" property, meaning no trailers or doublewides or anythings.

Its beyond me how something like this is even legal.

Yes, its a mess and clean your damn place up, but putting someone in prison for there own junk on there property is ridicolous.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:My thoughts exactly.
This is something that i believe invades a private personal rights.
If you own land and your name is on the deed then you should have the right to do with your property whatever you want.

Its the same way when you buy land on a "restricted" property, meaning no trailers or doublewides or anythings.

Its beyond me how something like this is even legal.

Yes, its a mess and clean your damn place up, but putting someone in prison for there own junk on there property is ridicolous.
It's called zoning, and I agree with it a hundred percent. If someone wants to live in a trailer,(and there's nothing wrong with that, I did for years) just don't try to buy land that is zoned. If I buy zoned property, to build a nice house, I don't want a mobile home, or a junk place beside of me destroying the worth of my place. In town, I'm all for them making people keep their place clean. That's the reason I live in town, because I know code will be enforced, and I won't have junk next to me. It is a direct cost to other property owners by bringing the worth of the neighbors property down. That being said, out in a rural setting, I don't think they should be able to make them keep it as clean. They spent two decades trying to get him to clean it up, and he lived in zoned property. If my neighbor started putting a junkyard next to me in town, I would do everything in my power to get it condemned. Why didn't this guy go out in the country if he wanted a place that looked like this? He was in town, and knew it was zoned, a code officer had been there many times.
TheRealVille Wrote:It's called zoning, and I agree with it a hundred percent. If someone wants to live in a trailer,(and there's nothing wrong with that, I did for years) just don't try to buy land that is zoned. If I buy zoned property, to build a nice house, I don't want a mobile home, or a junk place beside of me destroying the worth of my place. In town, I'm all for them making people keep their place clean. That's the reason I live in town, because I know code will be enforced, and I won't have junk next to me. It is a direct cost to other property owners by bringing the worth of the neighbors property down. That being said, out in a rural setting, I don't think they should be able to make them keep it as clean. They spent two decades trying to get him to clean it up, and he lived in zoned property. If my neighbor started putting a junkyard next to me in town, I would do everything in my power to get it condemned. Why didn't this guy go out in the country if he wanted a place that looked like this? He was in town, and knew it was zoned, a code officer had been there many times.

I live in town in a small community and ZERO code is enforced. The property next to mine would have been condemed if it were in Lexington.

Rural area, do what you want as long as it is not harmful to the enviorment. In town, EVERYONE should be held to some sort of standard and cleanliness.
judgementday Wrote:I live in town in a small community and ZERO code is enforced. The property next to mine would have been condemed if it were in Lexington.

Rural area, do what you want as long as it is not harmful to the enviorment. In town, EVERYONE should be held to some sort of standard and cleanliness.
For the most part, Paintsville does a good job. In main downtown, I don't know of any "junky" places. I'm sure they are there, but they are pretty hidden, and not in the nicer parts of town. That town had tried to get this guy to clean his mess for years. They even cleaned it up once, and he went right back to junking up the town. He continued to break the law, he got what he should have known was coming.
TheRealVille Wrote:It's called zoning, and I agree with it a hundred percent. If someone wants to live in a trailer,(and there's nothing wrong with that, I did for years) just don't try to buy land that is zoned. If I buy zoned property, to build a nice house, I don't want a mobile home, or a junk place beside of me destroying the worth of my place. In town, I'm all for them making people keep their place clean. That's the reason I live in town, because I know code will be enforced, and I won't have junk next to me. It is a direct cost to other property owners by bringing the worth of the neighbors property down. That being said, out in a rural setting, I don't think they should be able to make them keep it as clean. They spent two decades trying to get him to clean it up, and he lived in zoned property. If my neighbor started putting a junkyard next to me in town, I would do everything in my power to get it condemned. Why didn't this guy go out in the country if he wanted a place that looked like this? He was in town, and knew it was zoned, a code officer had been there many times.

Nobody should tell me what in the hell i can do with my land.
If you move onto it knowingly than its your own fault.
But if you live out in the county and are bothering noone who cares what you do with your land.
I hope your neighbors starts a junkyard :biggrin:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Nobody should tell me what in the hell i can do with my land.
But if you live out in the county and are bothering noone who cares what you do with your land.
I hope your neighbors starts a junkyard
:biggrin:
If you don't want anybody telling you what to do with your land, don't buy in a town that is zoned, or they will definitely tell you what you can and can't do. I said I agree with you out in the county. This guy knew he was moving into zoned land, though. My neighbors won't, but I would work to no ends if they did, to get them condemned and removed.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Nobody should tell me what in the hell i can do with my land.
I hope your neighbors starts a junkyard :biggrin:
I hope two gay couples move on either side of you. Confusednicker: