Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Hazard 66 June Buchanan 63 (2 OT)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
JBS was down 1,  Stepp had the ball, was knocked to the floor with no call.  Hazard grabbed the ball and  hit a lay up to win by 3.  Cox hit 3's to send them into both over times.
Well...the game was great..... what more can i say...but I would like to elaborate on this "Stepp being knocked to the floor with no call " comment..... The Ball was clearly cleanly knocked away and in an attemt to retrieve it,Stepp flung himself on the floor for it..... Therefore, it was a good no call by the officials.
Won't argue that one, it is over and Hazard won, but they had a heck of a time doing it. 
Hazard did have a tough time winning tonight but the boys are soldiers and will never give up...and as for JBS I'm sorry wonderboy Clark got the ball ripped when he tried to Stepp up.....this should obviousily settle the debate on him and Hicks.......
this game wouldn't have even been close had it been for hicks lack of open shots, hick probably didn't shoot the ball 8 times the entire night, but with wonderful play from O'Steen, Campbell, and Olinger. good win dawgs
[quote author=Larry Bird link=topic=20716.msg208542#msg208542 date=1142060388]
this game wouldn't have even been close had it been for hicks lack of open shots, hick probably didn't shoot the ball 8 times the entire night, but with wonderful play from O'Steen, Campbell, and Olinger. good win dawgs
[/quote]  Wonder why Hicks didn't have any open shots ? JBS didn't intend for him to.. It  went into overtime twice, with Cox hitting 3's both times to put them there.  It was a great game and both teams played hard.
This game was AWESOME!!!!  I really thought JBS had it.  Both teams played as hard as they could and that is all you can ask for although IMO I think that for JBS one player killed them while the other made big shots to keep them in it.  I know that u can't make everything but give the ball up sometimes.  Tate Cox is AWESOME I could set and watch the boy play all day, such talent and only in 8th grade just think when he is a senior.  Congrats to JBS on a great season and just think they r always next year. GOOD LUCK TATE!!!!
Congrats Hazard!!!
it was a great game...cox stepped up huge for jbs and knocked down some big time shots...hats off to him...as for stepp, he needs to learn how to handle a little contact...he complained to an official about this once during the game and he was told to stop flopping...so if he aspires to play at the collegiate level, then he's going to have to be tougher than what he showed...but congrats to hazard...if you all take care of business tonight, then you will be playing at THE rupp arena :thumpsup:
[quote author=Larry Bird link=topic=20716.msg208542#msg208542 date=1142060388]
[/quote]This why I love the dawgs....they play as a team as one...when one is down another stepps up...Good Luck tonight  :clap:
It was a great ballgame...no doubt about that.  As for Tate Cox being an eighth grader...he should really be a sophomore in high school.  KHSAA should outlaw holding a student back just to play sports.  Clark Stepp needs to learn to be a TEAM player instead of a one man show.  That just didn't cut it this time.  Great win dawgs!!
Congrats to Hazard. Who will they play now in the Title game?
[quote author=par4course_06 link=topic=20716.msg208648#msg208648 date=1142092602]
It was a great ballgame...no doubt about that.  As for Tate Cox being an eighth grader...he should really be a sophomore in high school.  KHSAA should outlaw holding a student back just to play sports.  Clark Stepp needs to learn to be a TEAM player instead of a one man show.  That just didn't cut it this time.  Great win dawgs!!
[/quote]  Tate Cox and Clark Stepp make all tournament team!!
[quote author=free throw link=topic=20716.msg209229#msg209229 date=1142129698]
[quote author=par4course_06 link=topic=20716.msg208648#msg208648 date=1142092602]
[/quote]  Tate Cox and Clark Stepp make all tournament team!!
[/quote]

They had to choose somebody....one of them should have been Ryne Conley...his 3's against Estill County got you to the semi's in the first place.
You know a lot about Estill Co. :lmao:
STepp had the ball and knocked to the floor..........lol :lmao: Watch the wymt tape..........it was a clear steal.........HAZARD WON FAIR AND SQUARE
I love my dawgs...........and champs of the14th :1: :party:
Don't worry JBS your time is still comin
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:  You people need to stay over there in your own "private" little world.  Enough said. 
Don't they teach spelling at that "private" school?  I'd get a tuition refund if I were you.  :flame:
I beleive that Clark Stepp was interviewed a few days before the game and he said that nobody could stop him.  This is the reason I dont like JBS.  They are so cocky.  Talk all you want about tate cox being in 8th grade.  The kid has his driver's license.  He should be a sophomore and Stepp should be a Junior.  Matt Williams and Justin Wallace played smothering 'D' on Stepp all night long.  And you can talk all you want saying that Stepp was fouled at the end....don't forget that he shoved Micheal Campbell intentionally while Campbell was on a fast break going up for a wide open lay up.  That was garbage, and he should have been put out of the game for that.  Stepp is dirty and cocky as all get out.  I cant wait til somebody just lays him out when he goes up for a lay up.
Boy are you upset.  TOOT TOOT :lmao: 
I am not upset and think golfman just told it like it was. I don't understand what happened to Clark. He was a nice kid when is was young.  I guess the difference between players that are cocky and players that aren't might have something to do with upbringing and everyone knows that some people in Knott County(and I said SOME) think they are better than everyone else.
That comment by Clark was made after the Cordia game on WKCB post interview. He said that nobody in the state could guard him. After the Estill Co game the Gary Stepp made the comment on WKCB that he was the best point guard in the STATE. It's these types of rediculous comments that is making this family quickly the most hated family in Eastern KY. I don't blame the kid, the family is to blame for such actions. After the Hazard game he immdiately ran off the floor without shaking hands with the Hazard team. If they would let the kid be a kid and play ball and quit making him out to the next Michael Jordan things would work out much better for him. He's an average player with some good skills, but nothing like they make him out to be.
[quote author=kccfan link=topic=20716.msg209835#msg209835 date=1142196044]
That comment by Clark was made after the Cordia game on WKCB post interview. He said that nobody in the state could guard him. After the Estill Co game the Gary Stepp made the comment on WKCB that he was the best point guard in the STATE. It's these types of rediculous comments that is making this family quickly the most hated family in Eastern KY. I don't blame the kid, the family is to blame for such actions. After the Hazard game he immdiately ran off the floor without shaking hands with the Hazard team. If they would let the kid be a kid and play ball and quit making him out to the next Michael Jordan things would work out much better for him. He's an average player with some good skills, but nothing like they make him out to be.
[/quote]Well spoken, It is the parents, from what I have heard about this kid he is just a kid and has not been taught sportsmanship....
For the record Hicks is the best point guard in the 14th..
i must agree nobody
I like Hicks , but he was held to 14 points.  Stepp had 21. :clap:
[quote author=free throw link=topic=20716.msg210147#msg210147 date=1142216370]
I like Hicks , but he was held to 14 points.  Stepp had 21. :clap:
[/quote]Have you not been taught that there is more to a game than points?  I repeat Hicks is the best point guard in the 14th and he has proved that...Stepp can get points but can he lead his team? NOT
Bottom line ...Points.    That is what Hicks is known for.  3 point shooting.  They just played good D on him..He couldn't get those 3's off.
I thought they taught basketball in your little private world free throw :lol:  In case you weren't aware...
a point guard sets up plays, handles the ball, ASSISTS, leads his team (not ALWAYS IN SCORING).
I heard that Hazard's point guard had 14 points, 9 assists, 9 rebounds, and atleast 2 steals from Stepp in the JBS regional game.................. :clap:
That is why HAZARD turned out to be champs............ :1: They played team ball  :party:
So why don't you just get over it already :thumpsup: you making yourself look bad :lmao:
Man that steal really cooked your goose didn't it :thumpsup: :lmao:
Pages: 1 2