Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Who was named to the all tourney team.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
who are the best players from the all tourney team.
KBA Boys 8th Grade

State Middle School Basketball Tournament

All-Tournament Team

Andrew Arnold, Holmes

Floyd Fannin, Southern Pulaski

Trey Farmer, Elkhorn

Brandon Garrison, Knox County

Riley Hall, Northern Pulaski

Slayde Hanville, Henderson South

Conner Hoskins, Chavies

Colby King, Jessie Clark

Kelshawn Knightoff, Noe

Chad Marsee, Knox County

Nick McCollum, Garrard County

Cameron O’Bryan, Owensboro Catholic

Hunter Swindoll, Dorton

DJ White, Madisonville James Madison

Wes Wolfe, Clay County
Teddy Smith also made it but they must have taken that away when they were disqualified! Teddy you deserved to be on this, OK. I thought you played your heart out and Pikeville would not have made it to the finals without you! Keep your head up son we love you and know you will be back on top soon!
Who was MVP of tourney
I do not know, it was never announced. This was a very poorly managed tournament. They did not give any awards except two trohpies: a small championship trophy and very small runner-up which a team that was beaten in the semi-finals received! (Northern Pulaski) I think everybody should have received second ha! ha!
So holmes only got 1 on all tourney team
I guess.
They did not even have an all-tournament team last year. Maybe the local teams could get together, use their facilities,get sponsors, create very strict guidelines, talk to local hotels and get some good rates for travel teams and host their own state tournament. Play the final 8 in the old Pikeville College gym. Just a thought.
KBA and BCI are terrible...Kids have to play 23 games in 2 days with a shady bracket in a YMCA type atmosphere. Why not do away with little schools. Make all the feeder schools to any high school play together like Virgie and dorton play as Shelby Valley....ect. Do some type of regional tourney and then Have a Jr. High sweet 16. You wouldn't have to have the Championship games at large venues you could play the games at high schools. It would be exciting and the kids would love it.
The KBA Kentucky Middle School Boys 8th Grade Basketball Top 25

1. Covington Holmes

2. Northern Pulaski

3. Knox County

4. Chavies

5. Jessie Clark

6. Owensboro Catholic

7. Garrard County

8. Madisonville James Madison

9. Southern Pulaski

10. Clay County

11. Dorton

12. Elkhorn

13. Frankfort

14. Betsy Layne

15. Johnson County

16. Noe

17. West Jessamine

18. Tates Creek

19. RW Combs

20. EJ Hayes

21. Blessed Sacrament

22. Meece

23. Mount Washington

24. Right Fork

25. Jackson City
Not sure why Kentucky has nothing "official" for middle school sports at the state level.
All the regions just seem to do their own thing or nothing as far as having a basketball season or having post season tournaments. Everyone's schedules and practices are completely different around the state so tough to put anything together that would work for all.

KBA does what they do because there is NOTHING else offered and they are in it for the $ - and heck, why not? Very few Northern Ky teams attempt to go to the state contests hosted by KBA as they are in the midst of post season tourneys with Northern Ky Middle School Athletic Association. (Congrats to Holmes who played & won at KBA between winning districts and starting NKMSAA regionals)

NKMSAA has about 20 feeder schools from 9th region and some from 8th and 10th, also, split into 4 districts. This year's regional championship games for the 6th - 8th grade are Saturday 2/25 at Grant co MS (a former HS with decent gym). It will be a great atmosphere with boys and girls games alternating, and, yes, the kids love it! Too bad there isn't a state tournament to follow.

Would love to see more regions in ky go this route.
Everyone should be glad that the KBA just attempts to have this tournament. If some wasnt for cheating, this tournament would be great. Play with what you have at your school. Do the best you can with what you got. Not fair to your own kids if you bring in a kid a week before the tournament and let him play. Regardless if hes the next Lebron James, dont matter.
Cougar Connection Wrote:The KBA Kentucky Middle School Boys 8th Grade Basketball Top 25

1. Covington Holmes

2. Northern Pulaski

3. Knox County

4. Chavies

5. Jessie Clark

6. Owensboro Catholic

7. Garrard County

8. Madisonville James Madison

9. Southern Pulaski

10. Clay County

11. Dorton

12. Elkhorn

13. Frankfort

14. Betsy Layne

15. Johnson County

16. Noe

17. West Jessamine

18. Tates Creek

19. RW Combs

20. EJ Hayes

21. Blessed Sacrament

22. Meece

23. Mount Washington

24. Right Fork

25. Jackson City

Nice list, but I would put Hazard in their somewhere and move EJ Hayes up some,,,,

Hazard lost to Cov. Holmes(champion) by 2 in pool play and EJ Hayes by 3 in tournament. EJ Hayes lost to Pikeville(dq'd) by 4

Of the teams on your list, Hazard has record against this season, Dorton 2-1, Rw combs 2-0, Johnson Central 3-0, Jackson City 1-0, Chavies 0-2, Knox 0-1
CADEREECE Wrote:Nice list, but I would put Hazard in their somewhere and move EJ Hayes up some,,,,

Hazard lost to Cov. Holmes(champion) by 2 in pool play and EJ Hayes by 3 in tournament. EJ Hayes lost to Pikeville(dq'd) by 4

Of the teams on your list, Hazard has record against this season, Dorton 2-1, Rw combs 2-0, Johnson Central 3-0, Jackson City 1-0, Chavies 0-2, Knox 0-1

This list came from the KBA website. I would also make changes but this is official tournament rankings based on how you finished in the tournament. Who won your county tournament? You didn't make it far enough in the KBA tournament I guess.
Cougar Connection Wrote:This list came from the KBA website. I would also make changes but this is official tournament rankings based on how you finished in the tournament. Who won your county tournament? You didn't make it far enough in the KBA tournament I guess.

OK, did not know those were Kba rankings,,

Hazard does not play in the Perry County tournament because we are a independent,, Rw combs beat Chavies by 2 at Perry Central in County championship.

Hazard did win the 14th region tournament at Knott County, we beat Leslie Co., Carr Creek and Jackson city in championship,, jackson city upset Chavies in semi-finals.
who was the top 5 players down there.
To me not to give out trophies to the All-Tournament team is a shame. You're talking about 15 kids off of 64 teams. As much money as they made during the tournament it isn't asking too much to give out 15 trophies.