Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville 47 Dorton 42: Final 16 KBA State Tournament
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Congratulations to Pikeville and Coaches Johnson and Thompson of Pikeville on the win. Their boys came out fired up and jumped all over us early, leading by 18. I am so proud of my boys though as they could have given up. They fought back to within 2 in the final minute. We were down 3 with 11.2 secs left and I called a timeout with none left. Bad end to a great comeback attempt. This team plays with so much heart and desire.

For Dorton:
Hunter Swindall 19 pts
Lamont Wright 11 pts
Zachary Tackett 6 pts
Cody Mullins 6 pts

For Pikeville:
Steven Silvers 15 pts
Teddy Smith 11 pts
Blaine May 9 pts
Cody Charles 7 pts
Zack Thacker 3 pts
There's two points that we do not have in the book.
Wow that's sad Pikeville has to use someone from Johns Creek to help them win a game that he isn't eligible to play in....
Rowe and Layne from Virgie should have went with Dorton.............
That would have been two excellent additions.
holler_cat72 Wrote:Wow that's sad Pikeville has to use someone from Johns Creek to help them win a game that he isn't eligible to play in....
If He wasn't eligible to play, he would not have been allowed by the tournament people. Why can't you show the same class the Dorton coach did? Congrats on a great season, coach. You guys hold your heads high, great team you have. And don't beat yourself up over the timeout. It can happen to anyone, I've done it, and so have many coaches.
List the 5 games he has played then if you want class.
Or better yet show class and beat some teams down there 100-2.
new o Wrote:Rowe and Layne from Virgie should have went with Dorton.............
They are not enrolled at Dorton?

And from what I was told, they played 5 games this past week against JV squads.

Not arguing one way or the other just answering your question. (Could be incorrect information for all I know)
new o Wrote:Or better yet show class and beat some teams down there 100-2.
Really cute.

Glass houses (in reference to transfers)

Look, I do not believe that it should be allowed for a player to just switch mid (or even post) season) and be eligible to play no matter what level it is. But it will be handled and dealt with in due time. Just the same way the KHSAA has let athletes transfer mid school year from one school to another and be ruled eligible and allowed to play. A scenario with which you are very familiar. But, there is nothing griping about it is going to do, what is done is done.
And Pikeville is hoping nothing is done, all I can say is they knew he was ineligible and played him anyway thatsays alot about Pikeville`s basketball program who cares what morals we teach these kids as long as we bend the rules and no matter what....
It's a shame Dorton gets knocked out this way. Especially after proving to be the best team from Pike Co.
WOW... all i can say is WOW...

Smith should have been allowed to transfer but once he played for Johns Creek he should not have been allowed to play for anyone else... See the Collegiate rules... or look at the KHSAA... sure they can waive the rules but that is a long process.... The rules state if you transfer you must sit out...

Here is the problem tho... Kentucky Middle School has no association to govern it... So technically there is no rules to break... Dorton should have taken Layne and Rowe... Maybe Pike Co should have just combined and went down as Dorton since they won the County...

All i can say is what did we truly expect from the team that beat Kimper 100 - 2 in 24 minutes... but hey at least they held back... could have been 150 - 3....
Panther Thunder Wrote:Really cute.

Glass houses (in reference to transfers)

Look, I do not believe that it should be allowed for a player to just switch mid (or even post) season) and be eligible to play no matter what level it is. But it will be handled and dealt with in due time. Just the same way the KHSAA has let athletes transfer mid school year from one school to another and be ruled eligible and allowed to play. A scenario with which you are very familiar. But, there is nothing griping about it is going to do, what is done is done.

I do not have a problem with him leaving Johns Creek and going to Pikeville and being promised a place on their varsity roster. I do have a problem with the KBA allowing him to play after the county tournament. Just not a good year for the image of Pikeville.......
new o Wrote:I do not have a problem with him leaving Johns Creek and going to Pikeville and being promised a place on their varsity roster. I do have a problem with the KBA allowing him to play after the county tournament. Just not a good year for the image of Pikeville.......

I hope they make it to the finals and someone tells them they are disqualified with 1 sec left on the clock in the 4th.
Cheaters
Hahahahahaha
This season has really been a black eye for Pikeville. Turmoil all season.
Virgie's coach should have enrolled his boy at Dorton on Friday and counted jv practice as their mandatory games.
That is sooooo sad for Dorton to end their season this way.
EasyMoney Wrote:Virgie's coach should have enrolled his boy at Dorton on Friday and counted jv practice as their mandatory games.
That is sooooo sad for Dorton to end their season this way.

You see, coach Davis does it the right way.
Congrats Dorton on a wonderful season.
What happened to the Johnson boy?
PHSForever Wrote:If He wasn't eligible to play, he would not have been allowed by the tournament people. Why can't you show the same class the Dorton coach did? Congrats on a great season, coach. You guys hold your heads high, great team you have. And don't beat yourself up over the timeout. It can happen to anyone, I've done it, and so have many coaches.

Karma will always come back to you, either way you look @ it Pikeville cheated. So everyone quit complaining it is over with.
PHSForever Wrote:If He wasn't eligible to play, he would not have been allowed by the tournament people. Why can't you show the same class the Dorton coach did? Congrats on a great season, coach. You guys hold your heads high, great team you have. And don't beat yourself up over the timeout. It can happen to anyone, I've done it, and so have many coaches.

You missed the point, the school adm knew he wasn't eligible and he played anyway. True KBA should have known this and acted, however you can't rob a bank and blame the teller.
They forgot to dot their I's and cross their T's. How you judge people one day can sure come back to bite you at a later date.
new o Wrote:Rowe and Layne from Virgie should have went with Dorton.............

I'll agree with that......Not an impressing win for Pikeville at all.
Congrats Coach Davis on a great season!! Your kids played great this season. Good luck to your 8th graders on their high school careers and Good luck to returning players in the future.
Micro-Brew Wrote:Congrats Coach Davis on a great season!! Your kids played great this season. Good luck to your 8th graders on their high school careers and Good luck to returning players in the future.

Thanks. This has been a great season and you couldn't ask for a better group of boys to coach. I can't remember having a team with any more heart than this one did. This is one of those seasons that you wish would never end.
congrats randy on your great season
theprez Wrote:congrats randy on your great season

Thanks alot.