Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Coaching Positions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Now that the regular seasons are winding down. Whos jobs are in jepordy going into districts and regions.

:worthy:
King at Knott will be gone, and if Justice stays he should be coach, but don't see him sticking around with all the fighting among everyone. Way too many dads on the bench and in the stands pushing for their kid to be the star.

Holland at Hazard is kinda being forced out so Happy can coach his son for 2 years.

Hammonds at Letcher is gone unless he can pull a miracle and win the region, which is not out of the realm of possibilities.

Rhodes from Cordia will I'm sure call it quits and go somewhere

I think it's time for Creech down at Wolfe to also call it quits, let some young eyes come in and try to get something going for them

And of course you always throw in Hatcher's name at Perry, he has put in for every job open in the last 2 years, but has decided to stay because the offers were not good enough, and I'm sure it helped he had good teams coming back.
- Holland at Hazard
- Hammonds at LCC
- Rhodes at Cordia
- I'm sure there will be one or two surprises also.
Wall4president Wrote:King at Knott will be gone, and if Justice stays he should be coach, but don't see him sticking around with all the fighting among everyone. Way too many dads on the bench and in the stands pushing for their kid to be the star.

Holland at Hazard is kinda being forced out so Happy can coach his son for 2 years.

Hammonds at Letcher is gone unless he can pull a miracle and win the region, which is not out of the realm of possibilities.

I think it's time for Creech down at Wolfe to also call it quits, let some young eyes come in and try to get something going for them

And of course you always throw in Hatcher's name at Perry, he has put in for every job open in the last 2 years, but has decided to stay because the offers were not good enough, and I'm sure it helped he had good teams coming back.

Why will BB King be gone?
BB is going nowhere unless he wants to. And with the young talent at KCC, he will never leave under his own will.
Why will Robert Hammonds be gone? Fired?
Platinum & Gold Wrote:Why will Robert Hammonds be gone? Fired?

I think his contract is up. I have heard alot of RUMORS plus half of Letcher Co dont like him for some reason
Platinum & Gold Wrote:Why will Robert Hammonds be gone? Fired?

They're was some heat on him during this past off season for not doing so well

Hammonds has been there 3 years now and firing him, that is pure craziness.

Contract? Since when do you have contracts in high school outside of annually.
football3030 Wrote:I think his contract is up. I have heard alot of RUMORS plus half of Letcher Co dont like him for some reason

All coaching contracts are up at the end of their respective seasons. Kentucky School Law says coaches are hired on a year-to-year basis, no tenure is granted or allowed. Its up to the School Principal to renew or non-renew his or her coaches.
I believe i said RUMORS. Just going on hear say but on the ending note dont believe he will be there next year IMO. But as far as King i believe he will stay.
If Hammonds does leave, who would they get?
cougarpride08 Wrote:If Hammonds does leave, who would they get?

big AL:Thumbs:
Wall4president Wrote:King at Knott will be gone, and if Justice stays he should be coach, but don't see him sticking around with all the fighting among everyone. Way too many dads on the bench and in the stands pushing for their kid to be the star.

BB will be at knott for as long as Mrs. King is the super in Knott county. Unless he decides to go else where. I personally dont see that happening.
Every year we hear the same old rumors about Big Al and Happy. Happy has coached long enough to know who has talent and who doesn't have talent. Nothing to do with the way Big Al coaches or who gets playing time and who doesn't....This is a young bunch of "dawgs" and it takesx time to transssition from middle school to high school..Don't worry, the dawgs will be fine and so will Happy and Big Al.
Downtown10 Wrote:BB will be at knott for as long as Mrs. King is the super in Knott county. Unless he decides to go else where. I personally dont see that happening.

He will be there as long as he wants but honestly where else could he go and be a head coach?
hornaplenty Wrote:Every year we hear the same old rumors about Big Al and Happy. Happy has coached long enough to know who has talent and who doesn't have talent. Nothing to do with the way Big Al coaches or who gets playing time and who doesn't....This is a young bunch of "dawgs" and it takesx time to transssition from middle school to high school..Don't worry, the dawgs will be fine and so will Happy and Big Al.

I know for a fact that at least one parent of a player asked AL about these rumors. He said he likes the group of kids he has and will stay if they let him coach the way he wants. However he did confirm to this parent that he had been contacted by some people from LCC.
Big Al respects the other coaches in the 14th region enough that he would not make a statement like that about LCC or any other school, even if it were true. All these "heresays" need to stop. Big Al, and the dawgs will not be distracted by these rumors.
With the state department running Perry Central who knows what will happen there.
Not trying to start anything by this nor have I heard any rumors but is this the year one of the bigger schools in the region makes an offer to Coach Noble at Buckhorn? He built that program up from nothing and has it about as high as it can go at the moment but will be losing everyone to graduation this year.

Would PCC or Hazard give him a shot if Hatcher or Holland were to leave? If I'm not mistaken Coach Noble lives somewhere around Hazard.

King and Knott graduated 5 seniors from last year and are setting at 23-5. So why would King be gone?
I have heard that Supt. Craft is talking to both Big Al and Al Jr.
hillmonster Wrote:He will be there as long as he wants but honestly where else could he go and be a head coach?

I dont think he could go to a big time school and coach but yeah there are jobs out there that he could get if they where open. If you want my opinion he wouldnt be my first choice.
Speculation and innuendo is all this is. Holland would never bring attention to himself about another job. Hell most coaches step on toes and if your are liked by 100% of the school you must be kissing everyone's ass. The constant undermining of a coach is one factor going to district and regional play and this kind of crap generates it.
Altro Cat Wrote:Not trying to start anything by this nor have I heard any rumors but is this the year one of the bigger schools in the region makes an offer to Coach Noble at Buckhorn? He built that program up from nothing and has it about as high as it can go at the moment but will be losing everyone to graduation this year.

Would PCC or Hazard give him a shot if Hatcher or Holland were to leave? If I'm not mistaken Coach Noble lives somewhere around Hazard.

I used to always ask myself that same question, so I asked a few people about it. And they said that while John has been extremely successful in a bad situation at Buckhorn. In nearly a decade as the coach he still has only went to the regional tournament one time, and was beat pretty handily in that one appearance. I guess that lack of real postseason success outweighs the regular season successes.

:lame:
^^But how many of those ten years was Coach Noble in a district with the top 2 teams in the region?? I'd guess at least 6 or 8 of those years he has drawn the top team in the region the first game of district.

Would it make him a better coach if he had been in a weak district like the Owsley/Lee/Powell/??? district and been to the region 8 or 10 times??
Benchwarmer Wrote:King and Knott graduated 5 seniors from last year and are setting at 23-5. So why would King be gone?

It was part of the agreement to get Justice.
That was a low blow to 56th. A district champs are still champs. Noble is a great coach so don't throw off on others.
speedy socks Wrote:That was a low blow to 56th. A district champs are still champs. Noble is a great coach so don't throw off on others.

Not trying to throw off on that district, just stating facts. That has been a historically weak district.
Big Al will either be at Hazard or Letcher,Cent
John Bentley may be at Letcher,Cent but would love to have the Hazard job but Happy will take it.
Leslie,Co will be open who will take that job????
Sizemore I was told was going to resign.
Cordia who nows????
Pages: 1 2 3