Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ky. woman pleads guilty in pregnant woman's death
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:A south-central Kentucky woman has pleaded guilty but mentally ill to killing an expectant mother and taking her baby last year.

Kathy Coy of Morgantown entered the plea Friday in Warren Circuit Court as family and friends of the victim, 21-year-old Jamie Stice, looked on, all wearing pink ribbons.

An emotional Coy pleaded to three counts - murder, capital kidnapping and kidnapping. She is set to be sentenced March 1.

As part of the plea deal, she will receive life in prison without parole.

"They could throw her out of this window and I wouldn't be happy," said Eric Stice.

Stice lost his sister Jamie back in April. Police found her mutilated body abandoned in a wooded area in Warren County.
They say Coy cut Stice's unborn baby out of her, and went to a hospital claiming it as her own.

"She was loving, caring and that she never deserved anything like this and I guess that's why they say the good die young. We don't know why it happens or any kind of reason," said Eric Stice.

The baby boy survived the attack. He is said to be healthy and thriving.

Coy had been set for a 2013 trial.

"As of right now I'm kinda numb, but I think everything will go as it's supposed to, and I just have to believe that God has a reason he's letting things happen," said Stice.

http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/Ky_wo...13713.html
ah boys...
Nothing surprises me anymore
^^Yep...