Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Shelby Valley at Belfry
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thoughts and Predictions?

I want to say Valley cause They are better away than they are at home.

but Belfry is an underrated team I think.

SV by 5
Anxious to see Messer and Belter battle.
Micro-Brew Wrote:Anxious to see Messer and Belter battle.

How tall is Messer?...I watched him play earlier in the season but i can't recall.
6'4'' or 6'5''. Very athletic and a very strong kid. Sometimes gets in foul trouble though. He's probably very similar in size to Newsome but a little more developed physically due to being a little older. Solid player. Could be a D1 Tight End on the football field with his frame. Virtually unblockable defensively. Belfry system doesn't showcase him well offensively though (in football). Sorry got off on a tangent. This is a basketball thread.
Messer is the best rebounder in the region and one of the top rebounders in the state. He just goes and gets the ball when shots go up. I think he is the most underrrated player in the region.
new o Wrote:Messer is the best rebounder in the region and one of the top rebounders in the state. He just goes and gets the ball when shots go up. I think he is the most underrrated player in the region.

Yes, I think so too. This is going to be off topic but I'm posting this in regards to the Belter and Messer matchup.

I think the top big men in the region are:
1.) Justin Johnson
2.) Shane Hall
3.) Cody Belter
4.) Messer
5.) Pitts
6.) Ray Kasongo

Therefore I think this will be a heck of a matchup down low.
Hillbilly Heartthrob Wrote:Yes, I think so too. This is going to be off topic but I'm posting this in regards to the Belter and Messer matchup.

I think the top big men in the region are:
1.) Justin Johnson
2.) Shane Hall
3.) Cody Belter
4.) Messer
5.) Pitts
6.) Ray Kasongo

Therefore I think this will be a heck of a matchup down low.

Your selling the big kid from Phelps short, for a kid that ha played only one year of organized ball he is solid.
I would have him 7 or 8 though.
Hillbilly Heartthrob Wrote:I would have him 7 or 8 though.

Any head-to-head matchup stats?
I'm not coming down on the kid but him not playing the whole time hurts him. The kids I listed mean a lot more to their team than he does to Phelps. The kid is a good athlete but top big men in the region?...He is not.

I don't need stats, When I've watched them all play.
:Thumbs:OK, well Valley plays better on the road and they have played well the last two weeks (except for that fluke game against Pikeville - don't get me wrong, they should have lost, but not that badly). Therefore, I must go with the Wildcats to end the regular season on a high note -- 56 to 50 -- they really need the W to have some momentum for the HUGE 1st round game in the district vs. ER. Let's go CATS!:Cheerlead:Clap:
Valley wins by 12, 68-56.
Belfry's physical style of play and their rebounding will keep them in this one. Cat-quick point guard, I'm picking Belfry by 4. As long as they don't lose their heads if Valley pushes back though. Belfry is a little faster than Valley overall, but do not shoot well from the perimeter. If their shots are falling, that 4 point prediction could balloon. I feel comfortable with the 4 point pick though.
Shane Hall is good but I don't think he's that good, I mean Johnson had 26 boards against JC. Between Messer/Belter, I guess we'll see tonight. Belter is longer but Messer is a brute.

Nick Turner is the key, if the kid plays aggresively, it's almost impossible to stop him.
Cougar Connection Wrote:Valley wins by 12, 68-56.

Seriously? :popcorn:
Belfry0304 Wrote:Shane Hall is good but I don't think he's that good, I mean Johnson had 26 boards against JC. Between Messer/Belter, I guess we'll see tonight. Belter is longer but Messer is a brute.

Nick Turner is the key, if the kid plays aggresively, it's almost impossible to stop him.

Um........Belter for sure with the triple double!