Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Mr Basketball for KY
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, I'm going to stir the pot again. Who are you picks for Mr. Basketball of the Bluegrass and why.

My picks are:

1. Adam Wing - Averages 11 rebounds a game, 17 points a game, plays solid defense, and is a team leader on and off the court.

2. DJ Tounsend - Averages over 17 points a game, tenacious defense, can take a game over when he wants to.
Lizzard Wrote:Ok, I'm going to stir the pot again. Who are you picks for Mr. Basketball of the Bluegrass and why.

My picks are:

1. Adam Wing - Averages 11 rebounds a game, 17 points a game, plays solid defense, and is a team leader on and off the court.

2. DJ Tounsend - Averages over 17 points a game, tenacious defense, can take a game over when he wants to.

well they are both from rowan county lol if they dont make any noise in the state tournament this year then they wont win. you want to be named mr. basketball then show up at rupp and lead your team to the finals. elisha justice and anthony hickey are the most recent winners and they won by what they did at rupp their seniors yr.
wood_chuck Wrote:well they are both from rowan county lol if they dont make any noise in the state tournament this year then they wont win. you want to be named mr. basketball then show up at rupp and lead your team to the finals. elisha justice and anthony hickey are the most recent winners and they won by what they did at rupp their seniors yr.

It was late, could not think of the kid from Trinity that should also be in the running.
Isn't the voting done before the state tournament this year?
I know he plays for a small school. But, what about Mike Terry from Fairview? 22.2 ppg and 10.4 Rpg. Big kid that can fill it up from the outside as well as inside and handles the ball exceptionaly well for a Big man.
Hagan Tyler from Boyle, he is a freshman but he may be one of the best players ive seen in a hile. he scored 22 against west jess. he is my Mr Basketball. congrats to Boyle but id lke to see KSD beat them bad.. wouldnt that be great?
OffTheHook Wrote:I know he plays for a small school. But, what about Mike Terry from Fairview? 22.2 ppg and 10.4 Rpg. Big kid that can fill it up from the outside as well as inside and handles the ball exceptionaly well for a Big man.

What is his number. I will try to watch him when they play Rowan.
Lizzard Wrote:What is his number. I will try to watch him when they play Rowan.

#24...won't be hard to spot. 6'7" guard.
If Perry could win the state tournament, Jaysean Paige could win it. But being from out of state, that may create a problem for the voters. May want to give it to a Kentucky kid thats been playing here 4 or 5 years. Who knows.
Do the voters take a players whole career into consideration? If so I think Bj moore should have a chance he scored over 2000 pts in basically three season.
IntheZone Wrote:Do the voters take a players whole career into consideration? If so I think Bj moore should have a chance he scored over 2000 pts in basically three season.

more like 4 close to 4 and a half. started every game 8th grade, freshman, sophmore year then quit half way through his 4th season and has played and stared every game this year. only thing that hurts his chances is his averages are low this year.. if they can some how make it to the final day at rupp i would think his chances would be really high. if not he dont have a chance. its all about making it to that final day. imo
MercerTitanCheer11 Wrote:Hagan Tyler from Boyle, he is a freshman but he may be one of the best players ive seen in a hile. he scored 22 against west jess. he is my Mr Basketball. congrats to Boyle but id lke to see KSD beat them bad.. wouldnt that be great?

one game doesnt mean much...anyways mr basketball has to go to a senior
IntheZone Wrote:Do the voters take a players whole career into consideration? If so I think Bj moore should have a chance he scored over 2000 pts in basically three season.

they might, but i think the two most important things are...how good u play at rupp and where you go to college.
Tammaron manning- great all around player