Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Clay County 100 - Cordia 43
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
ouch
I hate to see this...
This score should not have even been posted. Cordia is trying to build a program and if Coach Rhodes decides to stay they will get there, but he is starting from scratch. They have a couple nice young players. One kid #4 hit seven 3 pointers for them.
Beating teams like this often comes back to haunt you. I hate this for the Cordia kids.
But Cordia beating The Piarist School 107-58 is good for them? If your willing to dish it out, you better be willing to take it to.
Clay did not try to run the score up. Their top 9 kids only played about 12 to 15 minutes of the game. Starters playes less than a quarter. That is the reason though that I said the score should not have been posted. There is no reason to embarrass anyone especially the kids that played. They played hard but were just outmatched. Like I said earlier if Coach Rhodes stays they will build a program that can compete.
nothing against Coach Rhodes or Cordia but if you know your playing a team that is good and that can beat you like that, then don't play them.

I'm just curious but what makes the Cordia win over Piarist School a good win (107-48) and this one not? Corida to Clay County is like Piraist School to Cordia
This was bad
Strikeout King Wrote:nothing against Coach Rhodes or Cordia but if you know your playing a team that is good and that can beat you like that, then don't play them.

I'm just curious but what makes the Cordia win over Piarist School a good win (107-48) and this one not? Corida to Clay County is like Piraist School to Cordia

Yeah I agree, I think it would have been a major let down if Cordia didn't blowout Piarist. Therefore I think many would have been surprised if Clay didn't blowout Cordia.
Thrillex Wrote:But Cordia beating The Piarist School 107-58 is good for them? If your willing to dish it out, you better be willing to take it to.

Took the words right out of my mouth.
I don't get it.
All that hype about Cordia being a regional contender in November and now there are complaints about someone running up the score.
It's not that easy to beat Knott Central and Clay County after all, it seems.
its pretty bad when someone wants to complain about cordia getting stomped, but if they did it to someone else you would probably start to hear "these kids are starting to gel, 14th region u better look out" or "cant wait til they play letcher again, WITH our varsity guys playin" lol...rhodes is going to be able to turn cordia into what everyone thinks he will. i doubt him even bein here much longer.
just wondering how this game got scheduled.according to khsaa clay was supposed to play breathitt co.feb 17 and it was cancelled.then cordia was added.at least cordia had the guts to come and play clay.
I never seen where anyone was trying to make it look bad on the kids. Just the score was posted, why make a big deal out of it.
let me make a correction,clay was supposed to play breathitt co february 10 and it was cancelled for some reason.
Breathitt had two starters that where not going to be able to play so they paid the buyout fee and cancelled.....
Clay will be a tough out in the 13th Region
The way jed started his post it looked as if Clay Co. ran the score up.
Ouch!!!
I am a Clay fan. I was just simply stating that this game did not have enough importance to embarass the Cordia kids by posting it. Clay definitely did not run up the score. Forgot to add in the earlier post that Mcgeorge and Reed, Clay's two best players did not play in the game.
Also to answer the Breathitt question, Breathitt cancelled so they paid the buyout. Not sure why they did not want to play.
Next off-season Rhodes needs to post pics (Facebook) of his team doing Def drills...
What goes around comes around I guess
Indeed....taking notes.....as much as people have bad mouthed him this year....should be fun next season......
CoachRhodesFan Wrote:Indeed....taking notes.....as much as people have bad mouthed him this year....should be fun next season......

fun to laugh at all the high hopes cordia fans are gonna give him?...absolutely
StrikeoutKing, who's the girl??
I think it is ironic when anyone scores 100 pts on Cordia, it is running up the score but when they do it to a tiny private school, thats alright.
And Cordia is not a tiny school.....smallest public school in the state last time I checked....
I was at this game. For some unknown reason Rhodes took his starters out midway through the first quarter. Marcum removed his starters at the next whistle. In no way did Clay run up the score, it ended up being a jv game. Clay County fans were actually cheering for the kid who kept hitting the 3s. Very odd atmosphere to say the least!
nedreader Wrote:StrikeoutKing, who's the girl??

Brooke Hogan, daughter of Hulk Hogan
:flame:
Pages: 1 2