Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: True Conservatives
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
To those that consider themselves to be politically conservative: which of the following do you truly believe would lead like a conservative should. Some of you may find the list has only one or two. Some may not think any are true conservatives. Who belongs and who don't. Feel free to add to the list of potentials. Let's hear it.

Marco Rubio
Bobby Jindal
Sarah Palin
Jim Demint
Mitt Romney
Newt Gingrich
Rick Santorum
Herman Cain
Paul Ryan
Alan Keyes
Ron Paul
Chris Christie
Jeb Bush
G. W. Bush
SKINNYPIG Wrote:To those that consider themselves to be politically conservative: which of the following do you truly believe would lead like a conservative should. Some of you may find the list has only one or two. Some may not think any are true conservatives. Who belongs and who don't. Feel free to add to the list of potentials. Let's hear it.

Marco Rubio
Bobby Jindal
Sarah Palin
Jim Demint
Mitt Romney
Newt Gingrich
Rick Santorum
Herman Cain
Paul Ryan
Alan Keyes
Ron Paul
Chris Christie
Jeb Bush
G. W. Bush

I would add Allen West to the list.

Marco Rubio, Allen West, Paul Ryan and Chris Christie would lead my list of top conservatives with Herman Cain and Bobby Jindal following them.
SKINNYPIG Wrote:To those that consider themselves to be politically conservative: which of the following do you truly believe would lead like a conservative should. Some of you may find the list has only one or two. Some may not think any are true conservatives. Who belongs and who don't. Feel free to add to the list of potentials. Let's hear it.

Marco Rubio
Bobby Jindal
Sarah Palin
Jim Demint
Mitt Romney
Newt Gingrich
Rick Santorum
Herman Cain
Paul Ryan
Alan Keyes
Ron Paul
Chris Christie
Jeb Bush
G. W. Bush
Marco Rubio
Bobby Jindal
Sarah Palin
Jim Demint

No - Mitt Romney
Quesionable - Newt Gingrich
Rick Santorum
Herman Cain
Paul Ryan

Quesionable - Alan Keyes
Ron Paul
No - Chris Christie
No - Jeb Bush
No - G. W. Bush

Others:

Col. Allen West
Sen. James Inhofe
Gov. Nikki Haley
Gov. Haley Barbour
Rep. Michelle Bachmann
Rep. Mike Pence
Sen. Tom Coburn
Gov. Mitch Daniels
Gov. John Kasich
Sen. Rand Paul
Very good idea for a thread, SP. Wink :Thumbs:
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Marco Rubio
Bobby Jindal
Sarah Palin
Jim Demint

No - Mitt Romney
Quesionable - Newt Gingrich
Rick Santorum
Herman Cain
Paul Ryan

Quesionable - Alan Keyes
Ron Paul
No - Chris Christie
No - Jeb Bush
No - G. W. Bush

Others:

Col. Allen West
Sen. James Inhofe
Gov. Nikki Haley
Gov. Haley Barbour
Rep. Michelle Bachmann
Rep. Mike Pence
Sen. Tom Coburn
Gov. Mitch Daniels
Gov. John Kasich
Sen. Rand Paul
Other than me (regretfully) having to list Rubio as *questionable, I think we see them as the same. *I was disappointed in Rubio when he supported NDAA and some of the SOPA stuff...Made me wonder. I also like Alan West, Rand Paul and Michelle Bachmann. Nikki supports Romney too much for my liking and Mike Pence is real close.
SKINNYPIG Wrote:Other than me (regretfully) havinig to list Rubio as *questionable, I think we see them as the same. *I was disappointed in Rubio when he supported NDAA and some of the SOPA stuff...Made me wonder. I also like Alan West, Rand Paul and Michelle Bachmann. Nikki supports Romney too much for my liking and Mike Pence is real close.
I think that most conservatives have "wobbled" on occasion. I included Santorum because even though he has taken some positions as a representative of Pennsylvania that I do not consider conservative, I am satisfied with his explanations. I would be more willing to accept Romney as a conservative if he had just admitted to making many compromises with liberals in Mass. because the state is so liberal. Instead, he has mischaracterized his record as governor as a conservative one.

I think Nikki Haley bought in to the inevitability of Romney's nomination and endorsed him because she wants to see Obama defeated very badly. Had the South Carolina primary been later in the cycle and Romney had not been coming off two consecutive apparent wins in Iowa and New Hampshire, I think that she might have backed a more conservative candidate. It may also have been a rookie mistake to endorse any candidate so early.

I agree that Rubio has stumbled a couple of times but I am not ready to give up on him yet.

I like Christie's confrontational style but he is no conservative. He would be a huge improvement over Obama and I would really enjoy seeing him debate Obama or Biden but not enough to want to see him on the ticket.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I think that most conservatives have "wobbled" on occasion. I included Santorum because even though he has taken some positions as a representative of Pennsylvania that I do not consider conservative, I am satisfied with his explanations. I would be more willing to accept Romney as a conservative if he had just admitted to making many compromises with liberals in Mass. because the state is so liberal. Instead, he has mischaracterized his record as governor as a conservative one.

I think Nikki Haley bought in to the inevitability of Romney's nomination and endorsed him because she wants to see Obama defeated very badly. Had the South Carolina primary been later in the cycle and Romney had not been coming off two consecutive apparent wins in Iowa and New Hampshire, I think that she might have backed a more conservative candidate. It may also have been a rookie mistake to endorse any candidate so early.

I agree that Rubio has stumbled a couple of times but I am not ready to give up on him yet.

I like Christie's confrontational style but he is no conservative. He would be a huge improvement over Obama and I would really enjoy seeing him debate Obama or Biden but not enough to want to see him on the ticket.
I really liked Bobby Jindal, especially during the gulf oil crisis. To be honest, although I haven't tried to find out, I don't know where he stands on current issues. Have you heard from him lately? I hope he does not slip through the cracks. There's just something I like about how he does business.