Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Newsweek poll: 29 percent couldn’t name U-S Vice President
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This kind of ignorance is why we have the government that we have.

[INDENT]
Quote:How Dumb Are We?

NEWSWEEK gave 1,000 Americans the U.S. Citizenship Test--38 percent failed. The country's future is imperiled by our ignorance.

They’re the sort of scores that drive high-school history teachers to drink. When NEWSWEEK recently asked 1,000 U.S. citizens to take America’s official citizenship test, 29 percent couldn’t name the vice president. Seventy-three percent couldn’t correctly say why we fought the Cold War. Forty-four percent were unable to define the Bill of Rights. And 6 percent couldn’t even circle Independence Day on a calendar. rest of the story
[/INDENT]
Even more than that don't even know we're still at war in Afghanistan...

It's pathetic...nothing pisses me off more.
Let's not forget these guy's.

Isn't it Al Gore?
No wonder people like obama get elected.
Old School Wrote:Let's not forget these guy's.

Right wing bullshit.
WideRight05 Wrote:No wonder people like obama get elected.
Right, because all the right have running are idiots. Just a suggestion, try running someone that isn't an idiot.
TheRealVille Wrote:Right, because all the right have running are idiots. Just a suggestion, try running someone that isn't an idiot.

How about running another Muslim?
^When did the US elect a Muslim president?
Hoot Gibson Wrote:This kind of ignorance is why we have the government that we have.

[INDENT][/INDENT]

Sadly, many folk's political views are like the rock that skips a few times off the surface of the pond. For them, it's no more complex than, democrats are for working people and republicans are for the doctors, lawyers and other rich people. Us agin them. They don't really care enough to get informed because they are naive and most folks alive today have never gone through any kind of national crisis like those who went through WWII. With no way to develope a perspective to the contrary, other than the temporary scare of 911, I believe most people just can't fathom anything but relative continued well being.
Hey now, there was a trick question.....

If they would have asked me to circle the 4th of july instead of independance day, i would have got it right!!
Old School Wrote:Let's not forget these guy's.

These clips prove a point. Most people are too shallow to bother to form opinions about politics. Instead, it's much easier for them to believe what the main stream media shovels. The liberal media made a big deal about Sarah Palin's 150,000 dollar wardrobe and her pregnant daughter. Hence, all the Obama voters could recite the media given accounts slamming Palin, chapter and verse. Yet, none could identify Nancy Pelosi or Harry Reid.

The Dems aren't dumb, they know if they stand up on national TV and say "The American people are tired of the Republicans in congress blocking everything president Obama is trying to accomplish" all those likely to be on the government dole will buy right in. Really it's as easy as programing robots. They're going to line up behind whoever is writing the check. The Dems blow all kinds of political smoke about the whole thing, which, has the duel benefit of giving them the platform from which to preach the liberal philosophy while strengthening their voting base by assuring them they are doing what is right. It's a system of mutually assured benefits, the Dems buy the votes they need to stay in power, and the recipients of all the entitlements dutifully vote for those that promise the continued monthly checks. Heck, they get tax refunds and they don't even pay taxes! That's a sweet deal if you're not prone to attacks of the conscience.

People are going to believe what they hear on the news. So, since over 90% of all news casters and news researchers are liberal, we're going to continue to get news views that glorify the Dems and defame and lampoon the Republicans. News media think it's benevolent and noble for the government to redistribute wealth by giving tax rebate checks to folks that do not pay taxes, while declaring rich business men should pay more and ever more taxes. Liberal sanctioned extortion for those that work and free everything for those that don't, ain't it grand?
TheRealVille Wrote:Right, because all the right have running are idiots. Just a suggestion, try running someone that isn't an idiot.

The Dems didn't and it worked for them.
jetpilot Wrote:The Dems didn't and it worked for them.

lol......:Thumbs:
It begins in the schools and the dumbing down of America continues
I bet all of these black supporters would be pissed to find out Obama has a old white man for his V.P.
I'ver tried to forget him. Does that count?
Two things..

1. THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!!!!
2. We have a vice president?
Big Grin
TheRealVille Wrote:Right wing bullshit.

lol...you can't disagree that those videos show quite a bit, no matter who put them together..
LWC Wrote:^When did the US elect a Muslim president?

2008...and, if you think otherwise, you're a fool...
QUESTION: Will VP Biden be President Obama's running mate this year? If not, who do you think he'll choose?

Maybe we can get a decent Democrat that can get some stuff done in there if we do lose.
Walleye Wrote:2008...and, if you think otherwise, you're a fool...

Seriously man? You are really calling someone ELSE the fool that actually believes his President when he says he's a Christian, instead of doing nothing but saying "NO NO NO I SAY U A MOOSLIM HUSSEIN OBAMA CAUSE U FROM AFRIKA AND HAVE A FUNNY NAME DURP DURP!!". Show us some proof, enlighten us so we can stop being fools...please. I want to see it, and I'm sure LWC would like too.

What the hell does it matter anyway? It's his choice, is it not?