Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pineville 65 Whitley Co. 54
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
2/10/2012
Pineville 65
Whitley Co. 54
Whitley Co. 4 16 21 13 54
Pineville 15 20 15 15 65
Whitley Co. (4-23) -- Couch 4, Smith 8, Petrey 18, Rutherford 19, Sufridge 2, Sasko 3.
Pineville (9-15) -- Philpot 12, Collett 12, Jeffrey 10, Asher 8, Skinner 2, Simpson 21.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2009/12/02/10403...rylink=cpy
Any time you put up 4 points in the first quarter against Pineville, you know your struggling.

It just baffles me how we cant win.
Rough first quarter
Petrey has been one of the top players in the 13th all season long.
Where was Powers?
Whitley only dressed 7 players for the game, due to some discipline issues. Pineville exploited weakness in the middle and collapsed on Petrey every time he touched the ball double, triple and even quaddrouple teaming him at times. As the game moved on the three freshmen started making shots and Rutherford started hitting threes. I think it would have been a different story had Whitley been able to dress their whole team. The ones that did play stepped up and out played Pville for a good portion of the game.

The Big question is when will the other players return to action for the Colonels?
^
Thats what im thinking.
Petrey is a great player. If he were at Corbin or Clay, either of those teams would be way out front of the rest of the region IMO.
You cant have one player do it all. From the looks of it, were alreay having trouble with yet another coach. Bring the next one in....
I think OVerbey has done a good job, his team has competed for the most part. He only has one player who had any playing time last year, and he was put into a tough position. I think he will be there for a while, seriously most WC coaches get at least two years, right? I don't think Coach Cal could have done much better with the lack of talent. If the situation had been different and a couple of other kids who chose not to play had instead played they very well could have been the favorites in the district. PLUS he is running a tight ship and making players live up to a certain standard.