Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Report: Peyton can't 'throw the ball to his left'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On Wednesday evening, Ryan Wilson passed along a report that Peyton Manning's arm "is a noodle." That description was not complimentary. And neither is the the description of Manning from NFL Network's Michael Lombardi.

Lombardi, appearing with Bill Simmons on "The BS Report," said that Manning "can't throw the ball to his left." Ruh-roh.

"I've talked to people who have caught the ball for him," Lombardi said. "He can't throw the ball to his left. He can't throw the ball across his body because he doesn't feel it. People that catch the ball for him say that he doesn't really have the velocity on the ball yet."

Maybe Peyton's just not an ambi-thrower? Eh, that seems unlikely, since we have a reasonable sample size to back up Peyton's ability to throw all over the field. Instead maybe it's possible that the "noodle" report and the "can't throw the ball to his left" report are just really one and the same.

Right now, the strength of the nerves in Manning's arms simply aren't built up enough to throw the ball well. That's bad news for Manning's future, but the good news is that Manning has a month to continue rehabbing and prove that he's healthy enough to play in the NFL.

If he's shown improvement with the strength and velocity on his throws by March 8, it's possible Jim Irsay will keep him on the Colts. (It's possible. Just not likely.) And if Irsay doesn't keep Manning, then Peyton will have until March 13 to prove to teams he's improving enough to step in and produce in 2012.

Of course, if reports are still circulating about Manning's lack of arm strength at that time, it might not matter.

http://eye-on-football.blogs.cbssports.c...8/34771228
He just got back? Geez
SOK everytime I see your pick I inspect it for a nip slip lol