Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Perry Central 46 - Knott Central 43
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Final.
Great game, great second half by Perry Central. Paige took the game over in the second half, coming up with big steals on Camron Justice and hitting clutch free throws.
Congrats 'Dores, sounds like it was a wild one.
Could be an interesting rematch with all the conspiracy theories that some posters have thrown out for the tournament.
Congrats to both teams on a great game. Would love to see the re-match in the regional tournament.
My overall thoughts on the game:

Knott Central's 2-3 zone worked very well for about three quarters and then PCC cracked it by getting the ball to Cornett for a few easy scores. The patience that the Commodores had in attacking the zone was impressive - the sign of a well coached team.

When Paige got into foul trouble in the first half, PCC looked a bit out of sync on offense, but KCC wasn't able to take full advantage and only led by 4 at the end of the half. Paige came back in the second half and absolutely took the game over on offense and defense. He had a couple steals on Camron Justice that were pure heart and desire. Paige came up huge when it mattered, with a big three from the corner and clutch free throws late in the fourth.

Braxton Beverly silently had an excellent game. He does not play like an 8th grader at all, his poise was like that of a senior. He is an excellent point guard and ran that offense very well.

Camron Justice had an overall tough game for KCC. He couldn't seem to get free on the perimeter and had a lot of trouble finishing at the rim and even handling the ball. Justice is an incredible talent but just had a tough game, by his standards anyway.

Finally, I found Perry Central's poise to be very impressive. There was no panic in this team at any time and their execution was amazing on offense against a stout zone. Their pressure defense in the second half really changed the flow of the game and put it in their favor. The game really seemed to turn on the Paige breakaway dunk when he took it away from Justice. In short, it was an incredible game to watch, congrats to PCC on a great win!
One thing for sure all those stupid quotes like "hands down best team" are soooooo wrong... Both teams are good and both teams could win the region.
Good game not great! Perry starting out just jacking up 3's, really not their game, but they were settling for them, and it got them behind. Huff should of been player of the game for his defense on Justice, had him aggrevated the whole game, and when he finally got loose he was so worn out he couldn't even finish, And Huff hit a couple of big 3's too. Davis led the Patriots as a senior should, but he definitely will need some help the next time if they both get to a next time. Paige has to realize he has to stay out of foul trouble, but both fouls on him would of been no calls if they were upstate, very ticky tack, but that is how they call around here. Paige did pick it up the 2nd half and played like a D1 player should. Beverly is the real deal, handled his team, calmed them down when needed, ran the offense with no troubles or worries. They did what they had to do to win this one. Both teams have things to work on and will be fun to watch them both in their districts and see what happens in the region. Good luck to both teams.
knott missed to many easy shots down the stretch
Both teams are good If paige stays out of foul trouble it could have been ????? but overall both teams are very good and Paige is Elgiable by the KHSAA so that dog can go to sleep now.
Wall4president Wrote:Good game not great! Perry starting out just jacking up 3's, really not their game, but they were settling for them, and it got them behind. Huff should of been player of the game for his defense on Justice, had him aggrevated the whole game, and when he finally got loose he was so worn out he couldn't even finish, And Huff hit a couple of big 3's too. Davis led the Patriots as a senior should, but he definitely will need some help the next time if they both get to a next time. Paige has to realize he has to stay out of foul trouble, but both fouls on him would of been no calls if they were upstate, very ticky tack, but that is how they call around here. Paige did pick it up the 2nd half and played like a D1 player should. Beverly is the real deal, handled his team, calmed them down when needed, ran the offense with no troubles or worries. They did what they had to do to win this one. Both teams have things to work on and will be fun to watch them both in their districts and see what happens in the region. Good luck to both teams.
Agreed. Defense by Huff on Justice excellent. A tough gritty player and Paige proved he is a big time player. Came through in the clutch both offensively and defensively. Knott does not look good when they are behind. Peace be among us. Brother Cecil.
ekff Wrote:One thing for sure all those stupid quotes like "hands down best team" are soooooo wrong... Both teams are good and both teams could win the region.

Nobody cares about what you have to say "WANNABE". The point is PCC beat a good team on their on home floor by playing it's trademark halfcourt defense. They shot poorly or the zone defense would not have been nearly as effective. If they play again Hatcher will have them ready to pick it apart.
One of the more crucial moments of this game that shouldn't get overlooked was the last 2:30 of the 1st half.
Perry was trying to weather the storm with Jaysean on the bench and the lead was at 7.
Perry held the ball the remainder of the quarter and Braxton hit a 3 right before the buzzer cutting the lead to 4. HUMONGOUS SHOT!

KCC's zone was very impressive but when Braxton started getting into the paint and when they put Jaysean in the high post Perry started to find the holes.

A lot of FTs missed in this one but you have to give the nod to Jaysean Paige for what he did in the second half. Say what you want about his offense, his dunking, his 3s....his defense won this game for Perry Central.

And as always this game essentially ended with Braxton Beverly hitting the most important FTs of the night.
The coaching move to put Huff on Justice paid major dividends and something that may have went unnoticed....
Trevor Combs played Davis for a big portion of the night and he did the best job he could have done. Shorter reach, smaller frame, outweighed by who knows how much....
He did a great job.
and by the way....
If Jaysean would have made that dunk where he went baseline and rose up on about 2 or 3 Patriots....
The Morton Combs Athletic Complex would have been burned to the ground from the electricity in the crowd.

I got to the gym at the end of the 1st quarter in the JV game and I had to park at the Skate Park lol
Would have loved to see this game.
BIGDADDY B Wrote:Nobody cares about what you have to say "WANNABE". The point is PCC beat a good team on their on home floor by playing it's trademark halfcourt defense. They shot poorly or the zone defense would not have been nearly as effective. If they play again Hatcher will have them ready to pick it apart.

And people wonder why PCC is criticized so much. One of the reasons is posters like this. Nuff said about the flow of ignorance. Perry Central won fair and square in a close game that could have went either way. Could be a great rematch in the regional tournament.
BIGDADDY B Wrote:Nobody cares about what you have to say "WANNABE". The point is PCC beat a good team on their on home floor by playing it's trademark halfcourt defense. They shot poorly or the zone defense would not have been nearly as effective. If they play again Hatcher will have them ready to pick it apart.

wow people just cant take it if someone plays there team close. a win is a win dont make excuses for why they didnt beat them by more. what if knott had of shot better? well i guess you would of been on here whining about how knott had help winning the game
zaga_fan Wrote:The coaching move to put Huff on Justice paid major dividends and something that may have went unnoticed....
Trevor Combs played Davis for a big portion of the night and he did the best job he could have done. Shorter reach, smaller frame, outweighed by who knows how much....
He did a great job.

Agreed. This was talked about last week on one of these threads that Huff would be guarding Justice. PS Hatcher said last week on Ira Combs cable show that he usually puts Huff on the player he wants to stop most. Huff one of my favorite players. Nothing fancy just gets the job done. Peace be among us. Brother Cecil.
And before anyone that decides to go there.

Bottom line!
This game was called pretty tight and the refs did a great job of keeping it on an even playing field for both teams.

KCC ended up with more fouls but they had to unintentionally foul a few times at the end.
Knott Co. Central 43
Perry Co. Central 46
Perry Co. Central (21-4) -- Paige 15, Beverly 13, Combs 2, Cornett 6, Huff 8, Smith 2.
Knott Co. Central (22-3) -- Davis 15, Adams 4, Justice 11, Christon 4, Hall 7, Cornett 2.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:And people wonder why PCC is criticized so much. One of the reasons is posters like this. Nuff said about the flow of ignorance. Perry Central won fair and square in a close game that could have went either way. Could be a great rematch in the regional tournament.

I love it when all the PCC haters come to each others defense. Speaking of defense where are all those people who said Justice could go for 30. The fact is Huff is an athletic player who typically guards the other team's best player. Justice does not see this type of defense everyday. Yeah the game could have gone either way but it did'nt PCC wins. By the way do you realize that PCC has not been beaten by another 14th region school in the last 2 seasons boys or girls, put that in your pipe and smoke it !!!
huff would be the best person to guard either justice or davis i think. hatcher thought justice was more important to stop so thats who he guarded. he is long, athletic, and gave justice fits about all night.
BIGDADDY B Wrote:I love it when all the PCC haters come to each others defense. Speaking of defense where are all those people who said Justice could go for 30. The fact is Huff is an athletic player who typically guards the other team's best player. Justice does not see this type of defense everyday. Yeah the game could have gone either way but it did'nt PCC wins. By the way do you realize that PCC has not been beaten by another 14th region school in the last 2 seasons boys or girls, put that in your pipe and smoke it !!!

You just backed up my previous statement. I did not state anything negative about Perry Central and their hard fought well deserved win. Just goofball posters.
2 hours of sleep, got off of work at 5, drove from Belfry to Knott (Where I've NEVER been), watched game, came home.

I'm tired. In summary, Braxton is a friggin' G and Jaysean took it over like any star should. Dunk was nice, would have liked to have seen more but hey, It made me smile! Lol.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:You just backed up my previous statement. I did not state anything negative about Perry Central and their hard fought well deserved win. Just goofball posters.

If you would look back at the post that BIG DADDY originally responded to EKFF called some posters stupid. Peace be among us. Brother Cecil.
Knott had some player under the weather. Should be a different story the next time.
I got to watch this one on tv, and thankfully so, because I dont think one more person could have fit in that gym. It was a great game to watch and the atmophere was amazing. I was very impressed by both teams. I like that PCC just kept chipping away at the KCC lead, and didnt panic, hit some big shots, and both teams played outstanding defense. I wouldnt care to watch these two again Smile
KCC played good for 3 quarters with some lapses. PCC plate solid for 3 and GREAT in 1. I am a KCC fan. I make no secret. It's these two and everybody else. KCC got suckered into Hatcher's half-court game again. Letting them hold that ball in the 2nd I could die. Anyways someone had to win and Paige made the plays despite awfully physically play on both sides and questionable calls both ways. One team overcame, one did not. Hopefully this fuels my Pats fire and we can get another shot at them.

Would hate to be left on KCC's schedule.
Well worth the price of admission. I said I figured PCC would win, but to be honest it was closer than I thought it would be. It left me a little less sure of my opinion that PCC will definitely go to state. If these two make it to the Regional Championship game, the Complex won't be able to hold the crowd.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6