Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2012-13 National Champs?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Spring practice will be coming up soon, lets get a little college football talking going.

Who is your national title game?

I really like this UGA team and what they return/bringing in. No Bama or LSU on their schedule this year. I see them running the table during the regular season. Their only season might be to LSU/Bama in the SEC championship game but seen a one loss SEC team make it this year.

With the new look Big East, who can stop WVU high powered offense?

My preseason title game is a little out there but..

Georgia Bulldogs vs West Virgina Mountaineers.
I see LSU back in the title game, claiming the 6th straight year of a SEC team laying claim to "Champs"
I see Bama back in the title game. Maybe against Florida St. I could even see Oklahoma sneaking in there this year.
I can see USC playing for the national title next season. Barkely returns with all that talent at receiver. I don't think anyone will be able to knock USC off next season. I know that's a bold statement, but I believe the Trojans will be tough.
itzAmazing Wrote:I can see USC playing for the national title next season. Barkely returns with all that talent at receiver. I don't think anyone will be able to knock USC off next season. I know that's a bold statement, but I believe the Trojans will be tough.

I agree, I wouldnt be shocked to see USC in the title game. I thought them or WV.
I think it'll be USC vs. An SEC team.

Luckily for the NCAA, Ohio State isn't eligible (;
USC is eligible this season? I guess I was under the impression that still had one more year. I agree, Barkley can lead them to an undefeated regular season.
Well one thing is for sure we can narrow the list down to 14 teams by simpling listing the SEC teams.

Kentucky
South Carolina
Vandy
Missouri
Texas AM
Florida
Auburn
Alabama
LSU
Georgia
Arkansas
Tennessee
Ole Miss
Miss St.

Then we can narrow that list of teams that have no shot at all...
That leaves us with...
Alabama
Syracuse
Florida

So pretty much one of those three will win it.

Case closed.
Usc.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Then we can narrow that list of teams that have no shot at all...
That leaves us with...
Alabama
Syracuse
Florida

So pretty much one of those three will win it.

Case closed.

Case isn't closed, Syracuse???

I'm going with West Virginia vs. LSU, WVU wins it.
toussaints Wrote:Case isn't closed, Syracuse???

I'm going with West Virginia vs. LSU, WVU wins it.

lol, i meant to put LSU.

I dont know why in the hell i put Syracuse.
Must have just got done in a syracuse bball thread or something.
USC-Whoever comes out of the SEC. My pick is LSU, but Georgia def has a shot.
Stardust Wrote:USC is eligible this season? I guess I was under the impression that still had one more year. I agree, Barkley can lead them to an undefeated regular season.
I think that is why Barkley did not go pro. He wanted an opportunity to play for the National Championship.
I would like to see an SEC East team go this year...
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:lol, i meant to put LSU.

I dont know why in the hell i put Syracuse.
Must have just got done in a syracuse bball thread or something.

ok, now the case is closed lol
This year will end the SEC reign on the National Championship..

Matter of fact, there won't even be an SEC team in the championship game..

USC and Oklahoma each run the table and end up playing in the National Championship Game.
MVP2 Wrote:I agree, I wouldnt be shocked to see USC in the title game. I thought them or WV.

West Virginia won't be in the Big East next year, they'll be in the Big 12, and will have to deal with Texas and Oklahoma...but I don't think that's a big deal. Don't think they'll make the National Championship because they're choke artists, but I think they'll get into the Fiesta Bowl.

I'd like to see a USC-LSU championship, but I don't think USC will make it. LSU wins it next year, in my opinion.

No matter what, we will have another year of an SEC National Champion though.
I think either lsu uga or bama vs. WVU or oregon
Alabama vs Oklahoma.
MVP2 Wrote:Spring practice will be coming up soon, lets get a little college football talking going.

Who is your national title game?

I really like this UGA team and what they return/bringing in. No Bama or LSU on their schedule this year. I see them running the table during the regular season. Their only season might be to LSU/Bama in the SEC championship game but seen a one loss SEC team make it this year.

With the new look Big East, who can stop WVU high powered offense?

My preseason title game is a little out there but..

Georgia Bulldogs vs West Virgina Mountaineers.

the Bulldogs didnt play the Tide or Lsu this regular season either,how do they do that 2 yrs in a row..?
as bad as i hate to say it,Arkansas has a real shot of beening there next year, they get Bama and Lsu at home this year, still have alot of weapons on offense, and a better defense coach, should be one of the 3 sec west teams V/S Usc
USC vs an SEC team. Going with LSU.
Love to see you guys giving my Mountaineers some serious consideration.