Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Patriots Without A Superbowl Since Spy-gate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In 2007, the Spygate taping controversy cost Belichick $500,000, the Patriots the secret they were tape recording other teams against NFL rules and the NFL much of its own credibility after it destroyed evidence gathered in its investigation. It exposed what appeared to many to be fundamental cheating, and raised questions about what else, perhaps, the Patriots got away with.

Patriots postseason record under Belichick, with Sony………. 12-2
Patriots postseason record under Belichick, without Sony……. 4-4

Did the Patriots wins the Superbowl because they knew the defensive strategy? And the offense? And now they dont have that Extra little help to get them over that competitive hump.

They won 3 'tainted" Superbowls by FGs Smile

And may have won 2 others in similar fashion.

Asked Thursday by a reporter with some guts whether those Super Bowl championships had been tarnished by the scandal, Belichick answered thusly: "We moved on from everything in the past. We are focused on this game. That's it."

Which, if my translation here is accurate, roughly means: "We got caught. I don't want to talk about it. Don't ask again."

This arguably is one of the worst teams Belichick has coached in New England. His defense is shoddy, his recent personnel decisions have garnered more and more criticism and even Tom Brady has struggled since the scandal in big closeout games.

Lose Sunday and it is fair to wonder — as I will — how much Spygate and its tentacles of cheating made the Patriots faux greats
So? They have been to two Super Bowls since Spygate!!!!

Over that same period of time, only four other teams have made it to the Super Bowl. And only the Giants and Steelers have made two Super Bowls in that same period. So I guess to sum it up, since the Pats started playing by the rules, they have accomplished more than 28 other teams in the league that are not cheating as well????
Stardust Wrote:So? They have been to two Super Bowls since Spygate!!!!

Over that same period of time, only four other teams have made it to the Super Bowl. And only the Giants and Steelers have made two Super Bowls in that same period. So I guess to sum it up, since the Pats started playing by the rules, they have accomplished more than 28 other teams in the league that are not cheating as well????

But nowhere near the accomplishments Before spygate. They have accomplished nothing since the spygate.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:But nowhere near the accomplishments Before spygate. They have accomplished nothing since the spygate.

I am not a fan of New England, but they reached the Superbowl this year, how is that saying "they have accomplished nothing"...
This is a very interesting thread Wildcat!
I feel so much smarter since I've read this.
btw I absolutely LOVE your avatar.
It's so witty and I can't believe that ole' Bill would think that he could ever accomplish anything without videotapes of other teams.
zaga_fan Wrote:This is a very interesting thread Wildcat!
I feel so much smarter since I've read this.
btw I absolutely LOVE your avatar.
It's so witty and I can't believe that ole' Bill would think that he could ever accomplish anything without videotapes of other teams.

Yea its funny how he has 2 superbowl rings without cheating.
judgementday Wrote:I am not a fan of New England, but they reached the Superbowl this year, how is that saying "they have accomplished nothing"...

Kentucky has been to an elite eight and a final four since Cal. And we have accomplished nothing. Without a title your not winning.
IMO that is like saying Dan Marino didn't accomplish anything by never winning a Super Bowl but yet he is one of the best to ever play and did have records to prove it.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:But nowhere near the accomplishments Before spygate. They have accomplished nothing since the spygate.

Ok you Sparty wannbe, I'll take the bait - making 2 Super Bowls is a pretty big accomplishment, something that your team choked on a big fat Eli, and could not get accomplished during the same timeframe
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Kentucky has been to an elite eight and a final four since Cal. And we have accomplished nothing. Without a title your not winning.

That's because "Cheaters NEVER Win".......:hilarious: