Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: James Harrison on Patriots: ‘Cheaters never win’
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
James Harrison knows why the New England Patriots lost Super Bowl XLVI.

In the minutes after the New York Giants sealed a 21-17 victory on Sunday night, James Harrison took to Twitter to offer his insight into the game. Like any professional hater still hung up on events of five years ago, the Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker referenced the infamous Spygate incident in which Patriots coaches were accused of illegally taping other teams.

Harrison is fortunate that the old idiom isn't about the lack of prosperity amongst unrepentant headhunters. Because judging by this year's results, they don't win either.

Early Monday morning, Harrison expressed surprise that his trolling tweet didn't get more attention. "Wow!" he wrote. "I didn't even trend with that, come on people love or hate me more!
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdo...48905.html
lol, cant really argue with him.

Cheaters are cheater, and why people set the Pats up on a pedistool even after being caught is beyond me.

Im sure the steeler fans will love this, as well as the pats lol....
I admire him. For being outspoken. Telling the truth. Its great.
LOL, that was funny
You definitely have to play fair in this league if you want all the accolades that comes with being the best.

That is why James Harrison has to write more checks than he does play games.
zaga_fan Wrote:You definitely have to play fair in this league if you want all the accolades that comes with being the best.

That is why James Harrison has to write more checks than he does play games.

Like the league changing the hitting rules mainly because of your wimpy QB and winning you a superbowl.

Brady is no 0-2 after Spygate.
0-2 without Adam Vinatieri
Lol
blah blah blah blah blah

Brady got a lot further than the Packers did this season without spygate.
I would also like to add that Brady wasn't the only QB to break Dan Marino's record for passing yards in a season this past year.
He's also made it to the Superbowl twice without the spygate garbage that EVERYONE in the NFL was doing but the Pats got busted for it.
He had an undefeated regular season without other teams' signals.

And if cheaters never win....
explain to me why the Patriots were "cheating" and winning superbowls Smile
zaga_fan Wrote:blah blah blah blah blah

Brady got a lot further than the Packers did this season without spygate.
I would also like to add that Brady wasn't the only QB to break Dan Marino's record for passing yards in a season this past year.
He's also made it to the Superbowl twice without the spygate garbage that EVERYONE in the NFL was doing but the Pats got busted for it.
He had an undefeated regular season without other teams' signals.

And if cheaters never win....
explain to me why the Patriots were "cheating" and winning superbowls Smile

0-2 since Spygate, Eat It.

Rodgers has 1 superbowl in 3 years. And going to be right there again next year. Im not worried. Plus he did it without cheating,
To say you wouldnt have James Harrison on your team is a lie.
I would take him in a heart beat with the Ravens.

One of the best hitters in the league.

Its not his fault that the league has been sissyfied by Goodell.
Every hit he made that the league called dirty should have been completely clean.
Its football and as a QB, you shouldnt have special rights, getting your ass put on the ground is a poart of football.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:To say you wouldnt have James Harrison on your team is a lie.

Every hit he made that the league called dirty should have been completely clean.
Its football and as a QB, you shouldnt have special rights, getting your ass put on the ground is a poart of football.

He makes a hell of a cheerleader on the sidelines (since he will be suspended for more than half of your teams games)....
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:To say you wouldnt have James Harrison on your team is a lie.

So, is this a legitimate statement?

All we hear from Football Fans is how the league is getting softer and won't let Players PLAY! The players don't feel the same way? They don't agree that the league should not be protecting the players! Look at all the players that want the League to protect them. Let's get off this bandwagon of siding on the players, because the PLAYERS DO NOT AGREE WITH YOU!

Tony Dorsett is suing the NFL right now for the league not doing more to protect him. Tony Dorsett, one of the most respected players in the history of the game from the players side of NFLPA (Not saying this from the fans side) is aggressively pursuing charges against the NFL for the league not doing MORE to protect the players. He is DEMANDING that the league change how they take care of players from themselves! Comment from Tony Dorsett on playing with pain and the team not taking care of him: "They were hitting me, and I'd be squealing like a pig,"

Rory Graves, Oakland Raiders - has been outspoken that the league demands so much of players to play unprotected football, that in order for players to cope with the pain, that his teammates partook of "Midnight snack" buffets at a team hotel the night before games that would consist not only of food and drink, but also painkillers".

Kyle Turley has his own lawsuit against the NFL: Cans of beer tucked into airplane seat pockets before players would board, so they'd have something at the ready to wash down the prescription drugs such as the painkiller Vicodin (commonly called "footballs" by players because of their oblong shape) or the muscle relaxant Flexeril ("home plates" because they're pentagons) disbursed freely by someone coming down the aisle on team flights. "We took those drugs because we wanted to play, but there was nobody stopping us," Turley says. "We're young. We're 10 feet tall. Nothing can harm us. If you're giving it to us, we're going to take it."

Mark Duper is leading a suit for retired players: A day-to-day, post-football existence that is difficult because of, for some, depression, dementia, migraine headaches, memory lapses, along with balky hips and knees and shoulders. "My body hurts all the time," says Mark Duper, who caught more than 500 passes as a wide receiver with Dan Marino's Miami Dolphins from 1982 to '92. Duper is more concerned, though, about the ringing in his ears, the loss of memory, "having a conversation and, all of a sudden, I just forget what I'm talking about."

So fans need to get off this stuff that the LEAGUE is changing the rules and not letting players play the game. Un-uh, it's not the league dictating change fella's, the wussies, if that is what you want to call it is the PLAYERS!

I agree 100%. Steelers fans and Ravens fans don't like the other team, but they respect the heck out of them. Both teams play football the old fashioned way. I agree there are some hits that are too violent, but for the most part, most of the flags and fines are for clean hits. If it is too rough, start a flag football team. I didn't hear Tony Dorsett complaining when he was cashing all those paychecks. Don't want that line of work? Get an office job.
^
Good point.

We know what a "dirty" hit is.
Its not what Harrison was doing.

If we cant "lead" with our head, than why do we even wear helmets? Dont need em if were not allowed to hit with em.

I do agree with SD that the players have also played a major role in making a pansy of a league, but these guys making millions to put on a show for the fans. Give me a million and you'll never hear me bitch about a hit i took after throwing the ball.
The players need to take a hard look at there own union and change thing up.

Its time football get back to where it should be.
I agree with Stardust. Do not blame Goodell as it is the players causing this change...they are the ones illegally hitting people, they are the ones suing and advocating for more player safety. IMO it is the players who have made the NFL somewhat soft. Especially seeing that they advocated for decreased full pad practices and practice time and got it.

I am all for safety regulations. I would like to not see future HOF players at the ceremony barely able to comprehend were they are due to taking so many shots to the head and not recovering properly.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:0-2 since Spygate, Eat It.

Rodgers has 1 superbowl in 3 years. And going to be right there again next year. Im not worried. Plus he did it without cheating,

We heard from you that the Packers wouldn't drop a game this year...
so you're thoughts on where the Pack will end up are invalid.

Brady broke the single season TDs and yardage marks post-spygate and I can guarantee you he has just as good of a shot at getting back to the Super Bowl as AR does.

Everyone say whatever the heck you want...

Brady went to the Superbowl with the next-to-worst defense in the entire league, led most of the game, and had a shot to win it at the end.
zaga_fan Wrote:We heard from you that the Packers wouldn't drop a game this year...
so you're thoughts on where the Pack will end up are invalid.

Brady broke the single season TDs and yardage marks post-spygate and I can guarantee you he has just as good of a shot at getting back to the Super Bowl as AR does.

Everyone say whatever the heck you want...

Brady went to the Superbowl with the next-to-worst defense in the entire league, led most of the game, and had a shot to win it at the end.

Lol and you claimed the Patriots would win the superbowl. And they didnt? That makes your statement just as invalid as mine.

Post Spygate? Wasnt they caught in week one of the year he broke the record?
Brady also had Randy Moss in superman mode that year.

Bradys defense played very well in the playoffs. Without them they lose to the ravens when he sucked it up.

Blaming the defense is a TOm Brady fan club logo right?
Shady Grady Wrote:I agree 100%. Steelers fans and Ravens fans don't like the other team, but they respect the heck out of them. Both teams play football the old fashioned way. I agree there are some hits that are too violent, but for the most part, most of the flags and fines are for clean hits. If it is too rough, start a flag football team. I didn't hear Tony Dorsett complaining when he was cashing all those paychecks. Don't want that line of work? Get an office job.

RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
Good point.

We know what a "dirty" hit is.
Its not what Harrison was doing.

If we cant "lead" with our head, than why do we even wear helmets? Dont need em if were not allowed to hit with em.

I do agree with SD that the players have also played a major role in making a pansy of a league, but these guys making millions to put on a show for the fans. Give me a million and you'll never hear me bitch about a hit i took after throwing the ball.
The players need to take a hard look at there own union and change thing up.

Its time football get back to where it should be.

judgementday Wrote:I agree with Stardust. Do not blame Goodell as it is the players causing this change...they are the ones illegally hitting people, they are the ones suing and advocating for more player safety. IMO it is the players who have made the NFL somewhat soft. Especially seeing that they advocated for decreased full pad practices and practice time and got it.

I am all for safety regulations. I would like to not see future HOF players at the ceremony barely able to comprehend were they are due to taking so many shots to the head and not recovering properly.

That's my point. Too much of the blame of the changes are being put on the League, yet it's the players that are coming back to the league and dictating that the league needs to protect the players from themselves.

I agree, if you are going to collect a paycheck and subject yourself to the abuse, then you can't come back later and bring a lawsuit up about it. The fact is that it's not the league that is turning this into a wussie league, it's the very players themselves.
Not all of his hits should be illegal. EVERY HIT THAT LEADS WITH THE HELMET TO THE OTHER HELMET SHOULD BE SUSPENDABLE
The defense we watched in the playoffs was a different defense then what we watched in the regular season. As the cheating coach said before the Super Bowl, we might be next to last defense but as far as PPG we are mid pack. They are 15th in that.

You can say if this and if that, but James Harrison IS NOT a dirty player. The most physical FOR SURE. If Aaron Rodgers D had stepped up like the Pats D did the Packers would have been in the Super Bowl. If the Steelers not had so many starters on the sideline they would have been in the Super Bowl. Facts are FACTS and facts are Eli has out played Brady in two Super Bowls.

He was on the Ravens early on in his career. He got cut in training camp.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Lol and you claimed the Patriots would win the superbowl. And they didnt? That makes your statement just as invalid as mine.

Post Spygate? Wasnt they caught in week one of the year he broke the record?
Brady also had Randy Moss in superman mode that year.

Bradys defense played very well in the playoffs. Without them they lose to the ravens when he sucked it up.

Blaming the defense is a TOm Brady fan club logo right?

If you think the Pats memorized every signal for every team they would play the entire season in week 1....
then I guess we won't call that the post-spygate error.

And Randy Moss in beat mode was about 90% Brady's doing.
Did he do that with Matt Cassel?
How did he do when he left NE?
Randy Moss would have continued that dominance if he would have stayed with Tom.

I guess Tom Brady is lucky that his defense picked up in the playoffs.
Even though when they lost in the SB he was playing with the longest active win streak of the season....but I guess his defense stepped it up through that entire span and he wasn't playing that well the entire stretch.

I'm not arguing with you anymore though....
you seem like you just want to rehash the same old arguments and try to sound like a hard a*.

By the way you're failing at it.

You can get the last word in if you want Wink
I'm not fighting against ignorance.
zaga_fan Wrote:If you think the Pats memorized every signal for every team they would play the entire season in week 1....
then I guess we won't call that the post-spygate error.

And Randy Moss in beat mode was about 90% Brady's doing.
Did he do that with Matt Cassel?
How did he do when he left NE?
Randy Moss would have continued that dominance if he would have stayed with Tom.

I guess Tom Brady is lucky that his defense picked up in the playoffs.
Even though when they lost in the SB he was playing with the longest active win streak of the season....but I guess his defense stepped it up through that entire span and he wasn't playing that well the entire stretch.

I'm not arguing with you anymore though....
you seem like you just want to rehash the same old arguments and try to sound like a hard a*.

By the way you're failing at it.

You can get the last word in if you want Wink
I'm not fighting against ignorance.

Ahh look at you get all upset because your team is a fail since spygate. Oh well, They may win a superbowl when they can get away with it again. But who knows.
Jarons Wrote:He was on the Ravens early on in his career. He got cut in training camp.

:truestory:

However, they had no idea what kind of talent he was going to be.
IMO, he'd fit right in with the Ravens Defense.

Could you imagine Lewis, Reed, Suggs, and Harrison all in there primes playing on the same defense, heck, it would still be one scary defense to play against.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote::truestory:

Could you imagine Lewis, Reed, Suggs, and Harrison all in there primes playing on the same defense, heck, it would still be one scary defense to play against.

The NFL would not let the ravens play the patriots. Afraid golden boy would get killed and they would have to change some more rules.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:The NFL would not let the ravens play the patriots. Afraid golden boy would get killed and they would have to change some more rules.

What???? The Ravens DID play the Patriots!:yikes:
Stardust Wrote:What???? The Ravens DID play the Patriots!:yikes:

MIssed a post or 2 didnt ya ?

"Could you imagine Lewis, Reed, Suggs, and Harrison all in there primes playing on the same defense, heck, it would still be one scary defense to play against."
RunItUpTheGut Wrote::truestory:

Neither did the Steelers, they cut him a couple of times before he finally made the team.
Any of the Ravens could fit in the Steelers D. Same with many of the Steelers fitting in on the Ravens D. Could you imagine how scary that defense would be if you could combine those defenses?
^
Ive often thought about that.
You'd pretty much have the AFC Pro Bowl defense every year.
Pages: 1 2