Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Show Me The Money!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone know if the schools will be sharing in the boat load of money that the Expo is taking in on this tournament?
Yes, the Expo center guaranteed $50,000.00 to the region schools to share.  There is also a clause in the contract that if ticket sells reach a certain amount, the schools will get a share of that also.
I heard that the money was going to be split up among all the High schools in the 15th. Someone told me that they gaurenteed at least $50,000.00 to be divided.I don't know if it's true but that was what I was told!         :thumpsup:
$50,000 sounds like a lot of money. But it is a drop in the bucket as to what the Expo will take in. this is a big money thing for the Expo. They will take in that much in one night. I dont think that cut is fair or even close to fair. The Expo should cover thier cost and take a small profit and give the rest to the high schools. These High Schools are not like a Barnum Bailey Circus or Disney on Ice. One school in Floyd County could not run a fan bus because the kids could not afford the tickets and/or did not have a ticket. This should never happen.
[quote author=BeaverCreek Connection link=topic=20599.msg207090#msg207090 date=1141907792]
$50,000 sounds like a lot of money. But it is a drop in the bucket as to what the Expo will take in. this is a big money thing for the Expo. They will take in that much in one night. I dont think that cut is fair or even close to fair. The Expo should cover thier cost and take a small profit and give the rest to the high schools. These High Schools are not like a Barnum Bailey Circus or Disney on Ice. One school in Floyd County could not run a fan bus because the kids could not afford the tickets and/or did not have a ticket. This should never happen.
[/quote]

I agree with you no students should have to be left out of their schools activities when it comes to something like them being able to go support their team in a regional tourney! I was told that the $50,000.00 was more than what the regional tourney had been making when it was hosted by the highschool's in the 15th.I don't know if the expo center is making $50,000.00 a night or not? If they are I would hope there would be a clause stating that after the expo center reached a certain $$ amount they would give it back to the schools in the 15th, so what you posted would not happen and every school that was represented in the 15th could take each and every student who could not afford a ticket
or a way there!!!