Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Russell vs Fairview round 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well I thought russell would be upset by the first round was I wrong. bUT fairview different story they will take it in an out with russell.

Fairview by 4.
Russell came out and played extremely well against a Rowan County team that had won six of their last eight going into that game. Fairview also was impressive, as they beat a West Carter team that had upset Morgan County and came four points short of Elliott county. It's hard to pick a winner in this one, but I'm going to choose Fairview. Rex Cooksey has done an excellent job coaching this team, and I like their unselfish style of play along with their ability to make big plays down the stretch. I'm not counting Russell out though, especially if Vanhoose is on and Scott Gill has another outstanding performance like he had against Rowan. For Fairview to win this game they will have to control the tempo and force Russell to play from behind, and for Russell to win this game Vanhoose and Blair will have to be clicking offensively, and they'll have to find a way to contain Cody Black and Jeremy Bayless on the boards. This should be a good one, good luck to both teams.

My prediction:
Fairview 54
Russell 50
Though Gill is strong inside,they have no real answer for Black,and Bayless.Also Hutchinson can contain Blair,and even VanHoose.Not to mention he can be explosive on offense as well.He had 13 in the second quarter alone against West,and 17 for the half.Thats what West had at half time.Fairview has the most balanced attack in the Region.I`ll say Fairview 66 - Russell 58.