Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Updated: Joe Responds To Austin Saying WWE Should Sign Him
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As the coach of Tough Enough and one of the biggest superstars in the history of the industry, it’s safe to say that WWE Hall of Famer “Stone Cold” Steve Austin has an eye for talent.

In a tweet posted on Thursday night, Austin urges WWE to sign TNA star Samoa Joe when he becomes a free agent and give him a chance to shine:

“WWE should sign @SamoaJoe as soon as his TNA contract is up. One of my favorite workers in today’s game. Needs a full green light push.”

UPDATE: Samoa Joe has responded to Steve Austin’s suggestion that WWE sign him when he becomes a free agent. Joe tweeted on Friday morning:

“@steveaustinBSR Much appreciated. *tips cap”

http://www.sescoops.com/wrestling-news/w...samoa-joe/
There are a couple of those TNA guys that I would give a push to.
Something tells me he wouldn't be very successful in WWE.

But what do I know...CM Punk & Daniel Bryan came from the Indy's and they are both world champions.
I'm not sure that the WWE would do for Joe what everyone thinks! Let's face it, McMahon does not like FAT guys. There have been other big guys that can work, but he turns them into jokes. I promise you that Brodus Clay will be dropped from the spotlight as soon as he loses that first marquee feud. McMahon has never believed an anything other than credible looking specimens!
^Brodus Clay is a joke. Horrible in-ring wrestler from what I see.
Wrestler sex-appeal killed the chance of good in-ring wrestlers that were fat. Dusty Rhodes wouldn't have a prayer today.
Brodus Clay is pretty awesome...I'll admit.
J-Rod Wrote:Brodus Clay is pretty awesome...I'll admit.

Really?
Yes...I just love the character, the music, the dancing....the catchphrases.

He debuted like 3 catchphrases in his debut.

Although he hasn't shown much so far as "The Funkasauras", the dude can really wrestle for a big man.
J-Rod Wrote:Yes...I just love the character, the music, the dancing....the catchphrases.

He debuted like 3 catchphrases in his debut.

Although he hasn't shown much so far as "The Funkasauras", the dude can really wrestle for a big man.

the catchphrase, dancing (although terrible compared to rikishi lmao), music, the girls, all entertaining. His in-ring wrestling is awful to watch. I change the channel often times or go get something to eat lol.
You wouldn't have time to do much, since all his matches had been squashes so far.
K_Mac Wrote:^Brodus Clay is a joke. Horrible in-ring wrestler from what I see.

I agree. I promise you that McMahon had this charecter in his mind and has made Brodus the butt of his own personal joke.
LWC Wrote:Wrestler sex-appeal killed the chance of good in-ring wrestlers that were fat. Dusty Rhodes wouldn't have a prayer today.

Vince HATED Dusty when he came in for his father. It was Jr.'s idea to use the popular NWA wrestler to get Superstar Billy Graham "OVER" to WWWF fans. However, as soon as they put a mic in Dusty's face, he became the most loved star, even surpassing Bruno. It killed Jr., and forced the WWWF to allow Dusty to have evenly booked matches with Graham. Dusty maintained his following and never gave the WWWF a chance to do anything further with him when he took off for NWA again with the promise to win the title from Harley Race.

When Dusty came back, Jr. was running WWF and Vince wanted "pay back", so, he put Dusty in polka dots. Well, Dusty knew he was being taken advantage of again, and as soon as he got that chance to get on the mic, he turned that gimmick into one of the most popular characters of the time for WWF.

You are right LWC, Dusty would not survive in WWE today because Vince learned his lesson and would never allow Dusty to talk.
Brodus Clay is hilarious
Stardust Wrote:I agree. I promise you that McMahon had this charecter in his mind and has made Brodus the butt of his own personal joke.

Lorddddddd SD agrees with me? whoa lmao.
^ To a lot more than I will EVER admit too, hehehehe!Confusednicker:

:Thumbs:
Stardust Wrote:Vince HATED Dusty when he came in for his father. It was Jr.'s idea to use the popular NWA wrestler to get Superstar Billy Graham "OVER" to WWWF fans. However, as soon as they put a mic in Dusty's face, he became the most loved star, even surpassing Bruno. It killed Jr., and forced the WWWF to allow Dusty to have evenly booked matches with Graham. Dusty maintained his following and never gave the WWWF a chance to do anything further with him when he took off for NWA again with the promise to win the title from Harley Race.

When Dusty came back, Jr. was running WWF and Vince wanted "pay back", so, he put Dusty in polka dots. Well, Dusty knew he was being taken advantage of again, and as soon as he got that chance to get on the mic, he turned that gimmick into one of the most popular characters of the time for WWF.

You are right LWC, Dusty would not survive in WWE today because Vince learned his lesson and would never allow Dusty to talk.

I agree. I don't know the full details, but I always felt like Vince tried to ruin dusty when he had that whole polka dot thing. It ended up backfiring. Watching some of Dusty's youtube videos from WWF, he got a HUGE pop when he came out. Him and Sapphire (RIP) were two of the fan favorites in WWF at the time. And Ironically, don't know if this has anything to do with it, but if you listen to Dusty's WWF theme song and Hulk Hogan's WCW theme song, you'll see that they are very similar in the beginning...in how they start...so Hulk ended up using that for WCW. It all backfired on Vince.

I also agree that Vince hasn't liked big guys. I'm surprised Mark Henry, for one, turned out as well as he did. I used to think he was a joke back in the attitude era with his "sexual chocolate" gimmick. Now his character is the complete opposite of what he was lol. He has turned out well.

Vince is real bad with taking his personal feelings against his wrestlers out on their characters and hurting their success. It didn't hurt Dusty Rhodes, it actually ended up backfiring....now if we could just get a great wrestler or two today that are like Dusty Rhodes....
Stardust Wrote:^ To a lot more than I will EVER admit too, hehehehe!Confusednicker:

:Thumbs:

I actually believe as long as we arent talking Kobe/Lebron you agree/like my opinions on a lot of stuff lol.
K_Mac Wrote:I actually believe as long as we arent talking Kobe/Lebron you agree/like my opinions on a lot of stuff lol.

ahh, I bust your balls on Kobe, but deep down, I know he's a decent little player......Confusednicker:

But I will NEVER ADMIT IT and would rather tell you to:gtfo: