Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Giants 21 - Patriots 17 (Super Bowl XLVI)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
pretty good game
Eli Manning may be the greatest clutch quarterback ever. The guy is money in crunch time. Great game by the New York Giants.
AHHHHHHH BOYS! HAHAHAAHAHHAA What about brady throwing all those bad passes.

HE IS STILL 0-2 WITHOUT SPYCAM!

Which makes him nothing but a cheater and a Choke Artist.
^^lol dude. that's a bit much.

And WOOOHOOO! Giants baby...and I almost got the score right, haha. Predicted 20-17 Giants.
Another classic game!

The Giants punter deserved MVP.
Congrats to my friend Greg Jones on winning a Super Bowl his rookie season. Outside of Greg, didn't really care who won this one.
Get some Zaga Fan.
lmao, have only made it to the playoffs twice since the spygate thing and 0-2 in the Super Bowl. Eli has Brady's number!!! Figured this would be an offensive battle but wasn't. Was a mixture of defense and offense.

Great class by the Patriots, not one of them was willing to do a postgame interview, JOKES!!!!

I am so Happy right now!!!!!!!!! Mario Manningham had a great catch, not quite as good as Santonio Holmes from years back but a great catch.
You think you would've done a post-game interview after losing the Superbowl in the last minute, and losing to the same team that beat you in the last Superbowl? lol...
vundy33 Wrote:You think you would've done a post-game interview after losing the Superbowl in the last minute, and losing to the same team that beat you in the last Superbowl? lol...

Lol i would have not. But i love that the giants won. I bet Zaga And Aslan are still crying. At least i know my packers was beat by the best team in the World.
I cant stand the giants but loved the win, I hate the patriots:Cheerlead
To be honest, i think Brady will never get to another superbowl.

ELI was CLEARLY the better QB tonight. Just a Fact.
Eli Manning = Hall of Famer

He also solified his status as a Top 5 QB currently.
My how the world turns. With one game, Brady went from Montana (4 rings in 5 or less appearances) discussion to Elway (5 appearances less than 4 wins, and always wondering if someone REALLY helped win them [i.e. Pats defense, Terrell Davis]) discussion.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Lol i would have not. But i love that the giants won. I bet Zaga And Aslan are still crying. At least i know my packers was beat by the best team in the World.

Yeah, love that the Pats lost. But I still think the Pack are the best team in the world, but the Giants are right behind them of course.
Eli proved his name should be with his brother, Brady, Brees, Rodgers, and Roethlisberger. All 6 QBs future Hall of Famers.

IMO, Eli's throw was better than Manningham's catch.
Heck of a game. I had no vested interest and only hoped to have a good game that had intrigue and would keep my interest for the 4 hours that I would sit through. And for that, this Super Bowl delivered big time.

Both side had tremendous stroylines, but what it came down to was whether the QB's could deliver at the end.

Eli proved that being a Manning does not have to be about putting up big numbers like his father and older brother. Eli has surpassed both of them and rightfully belongs at the top of the family tree as the most accomplished.

Brady played well, but still showed signs that something is just not right. Going back to the Ravens game, his passes were off and it was just un-Brady. Sorry Wildcat, accuracy has ZERO to do with Spygate. Tom has lived on accuracy, and his accuracy over the last two games was just not the same as it was for the first 17 games of the season. But, that said, all Welker has to do is make that catch, and we have a completely different storyline in this discussion.

The defenses played well. The Giants D was not as "great" as was advertised and the Patriots was not as "bad" as advertised. Both played very conservative and it paid off for both. I'm not sure that either team would have been successful playing Cover 2 the whole game, but they made it work.

And the story that I am sick of hearing of is Gronk. Trust me, I love the guy and think he is a freak. Definitely a healthy Gronk could have made a difference for the Pats, but a Healthy Gronk only would have meant that the STAR RECEIVER yesterday would not have been Aaron Hernandez. Hernandez was GREAT. Just as great as Gronkowski could have been. It was the Giants that should have had the Tight End storyline. They lost two during the game, yet all we heard about after the game was how Gronkowski was not able to be a factor, yet not one comment about the Giants only having one Tight End PERIOD!

I enjoyed the game. Stayed tuned to the entire game, commercials and halftime show!
Another great super bowl...

IMO: Eli is now a HOF'er
I honestly believe the Ravens would have throttled the Giants.
Stardust Wrote:Heck of a game. I had no vested interest and only hoped to have a good game that had intrigue and would keep my interest for the 4 hours that I would sit through. And for that, this Super Bowl delivered big time.

Both side had tremendous stroylines, but what it came down to was whether the QB's could deliver at the end.

Eli proved that being a Manning does not have to be about putting up big numbers like his father and older brother. Eli has surpassed both of them and rightfully belongs at the top of the family tree as the most accomplished.

Brady played well, but still showed signs that something is just not right. Going back to the Ravens game, his passes were off and it was just un-Brady. Sorry Wildcat, accuracy has ZERO to do with Spygate. Tom has lived on accuracy, and his accuracy over the last two games was just not the same as it was for the first 17 games of the season. But, that said, all Welker has to do is make that catch, and we have a completely different storyline in this discussion.

The defenses played well. The Giants D was not as "great" as was advertised and the Patriots was not as "bad" as advertised. Both played very conservative and it paid off for both. I'm not sure that either team would have been successful playing Cover 2 the whole game, but they made it work.

And the story that I am sick of hearing of is Gronk. Trust me, I love the guy and think he is a freak. Definitely a healthy Gronk could have made a difference for the Pats, but a Healthy Gronk only would have meant that the STAR RECEIVER yesterday would not have been Aaron Hernandez. Hernandez was GREAT. Just as great as Gronkowski could have been. It was the Giants that should have had the Tight End storyline. They lost two during the game, yet all we heard about after the game was how Gronkowski was not able to be a factor, yet not one comment about the Giants only having one Tight End PERIOD!

I enjoyed the game. Stayed tuned to the entire game, commercials and halftime show!

Halftime show was horrible! Not worth watching. The game however was a really good game. My team of course was at home watching like I was, so I didnt have a clear favorite. I was pulling for the Giants though because I just dont like the Patriots and my best friend loves Brady so this gives me something to talk some trash to him about haha. I also agree with you SD about Welker catching that pass. That was huge!
Wildcatk23 Wrote:AHHHHHHH BOYS! HAHAHAAHAHHAA What about brady throwing all those bad passes.

HE IS STILL 0-2 WITHOUT SPYCAM!

Which makes him nothing but a cheater and a Choke Artist.
You are delusional. brady is a Hall of Famer. His passes may not have been 100% accurate but they still hit them in the hands. Recievers are paid to catch, last night they didn't do that. Without Brady no one even knows who the Patriots are. I am glad they lost because well I dont like them. Cutting a guy the day before the Super Bowl who has played with the team all year was a dirty blow. I hate their entire organization.

Stardust Wrote:Heck of a game. I had no vested interest and only hoped to have a good game that had intrigue and would keep my interest for the 4 hours that I would sit through. And for that, this Super Bowl delivered big time.

Good post. A healthy Gronk would have made a difference I think. Then the Giants would have had both star TE's playing 100%. It would have made it a lot tougher on their defence.

The safety to start the game was huge. Had the Pats only been down 2 instead of 4 at the end they could have changed their gameplan. Instead of having to manage the clock to get a touchdown, they could have been managing the clock to get into field goal range.

Eli, barring a catastrophe, has got himself into the Hall of Fame after last night. He will continue to be one of the top tier QB's in the league and when he retires will def get voted in. He said at the start of the season he was in Brady's class, well he proved it last night.
Few thoughts:
Brady didn't throw the perfect ball a few times, but when it hits both your hands, and you're getting paid millions to make that catch, you gotta make it, Wes Welker. He catches that, it's basically ball game. He's the goat for this loss.
Then on the next drive, Branch drops a 30 yard bomb to start it. So yeah, saying Brady choked just because you hate him is not a logical statement.
Give me Eli over Peyton errr day. He comes up with the clutch plays when Peyton don't.
And FWIW, Pats overachieved big time, just because how great Tom Brady is. Pats had the last ranked defense and no running game. Brady carries them to 13-3 and a SB appearance. There is too much pressure on him. He needs some help at RB or a deep threat.