Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: East Ridge 71 Belfry 57
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
2/4/2012
East Ridge 71
Belfry 57
Belfry 18 8 16 15 57
East Ridge 10 24 19 18 71
Belfry (8-12) -- Charles 6, Turner 6, Messer 22, Robinson 5, Runyon 8, Hurley 6, Duty 4.
East Ridge (12-10) -- Mullins 17, Miller 21, Wolter 10, Kasongo 8, Hagy 3, Coleman 5, Fields 7

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2009/12/02/10403...rylink=cpy
I was at the game good/sloppy win for the warriors.
If they want to go anywhere this year they need to improve on defense and free throws.I think they was like 21-48 from the line...But why was the Thacker kid out?Does anyone know?
I was also at the game and the refs won that game for ER.Belfry had all five starters fouled out.Belfry started out on fire until all the steals they were getting became fouls.When one team has over 30 team foules and the other may have had 10 or 15 something is wrong.Messer from Belfry was by far the best player on the floor and is top 3 in the region.Top five rebounds in the state but cant get the respect he should.It has to discourage kids to play the game when you practice hard take all your free time up and watch refs cheat these kids. Why would they want to play?
Come on! A lot of Belfrys fouls were when they were fouling late. East Ridge was missing free throws badly , so Belfry kept fouling them and putting them on the line. Refs didnt cost Belfry the game.
Why cant just one person say congrats East Ridge ?? Why can't people give credit were it is do???
red&white Wrote:I was also at the game and the refs won that game for ER.Belfry had all five starters fouled out.Belfry started out on fire until all the steals they were getting became fouls.When one team has over 30 team foules and the other may have had 10 or 15 something is wrong.Messer from Belfry was by far the best player on the floor and is top 3 in the region.Top five rebounds in the state but cant get the respect he should.It has to discourage kids to play the game when you practice hard take all your free time up and watch refs cheat these kids. Why would they want to play?

If I recall correctly, Belfry fans were shouting that they want their players to foul out. Such a classy fan base, "trip him Tony (Messer)" (referring to Wolter bringing the ball up the court). Also take your shades off, East Ridge had way more bad calls in the first half.
lol..

Good job boys.
Good job ER! Good game from Hayden Mullins!
Good win Warriors! Johnny Miller continues to put up great numbers, he is truly one of the most underrated players in the region.
No one ever said trip him messer thats a lie.I did not bad mouth ER only the refs Final talley 37 fouls called on belfry 12 on ER even with seven of them comming in the last min or so thats still more than double. The refs in the region have been a running joke for years.When Belfry plays in other states WV and TENN much better called games our refs are inconsistant.
No I beleave they are consistant consistantly bad and until some action is taking to hold the refs acountable for bad calls it will never change no matter what people think the refs do favor one team or another remember they to where kids playing on teams.
When the Miller kid is hitting his threes, the Warriors are a very good team. Alot has been made of the 2 transfers, but as you can see as Millers three percentage goes up, so does ER's win totals....Always hate to see the Pirates lose though. I beleive they are talented and physical enough to make some noise in the Regional tourney. Good luck to both the rest of the season!!!!
Belfry just played at Tug Valley in West Virginia,and no one fouled out no belfry player or Valley player even in foul trouble.Even though Belfry lost to a great team by 15 they were in the game all they way through.Teams like Pikeville east ridge and others in this region are only as good as refs make them.Well called game better team won nice to not be cheated by refs who favor any team but Belfry.Game was over 45 min before one in KY cause refs in Ky choke on thier whistle.TongueirateSho The Messer kid continues to be a beast on the board eating up kids much bigger!
red&white Wrote:Belfry just played at Tug Valley in West Virginia,and no one fouled out no belfry player or Valley player even in foul trouble.Even though Belfry lost to a great team by 15 they were in the game all they way through.Teams like Pikeville east ridge and others in this region are only as good as refs make them.Well called game better team won nice to not be cheated by refs who favor any team but Belfry.Game was over 45 min before one in KY cause refs in Ky choke on thier whistle.TongueirateSho The Messer kid continues to be a beast on the board eating up kids much bigger!

Don't start this, really.
Great game for the Warriors!!! East Ridge might be rounding that corner!!
red&white Wrote:Belfry just played at Tug Valley in West Virginia,and no one fouled out no belfry player or Valley player even in foul trouble.Even though Belfry lost to a great team by 15 they were in the game all they way through.Teams like Pikeville east ridge and others in this region are only as good as refs make them.Well called game better team won nice to not be cheated by refs who favor any team but Belfry.Game was over 45 min before one in KY cause refs in Ky choke on thier whistle.TongueirateSho The Messer kid continues to be a beast on the board eating up kids much bigger!

lol, seriously? If the refs gave anyone favor, it was Belfry. To bitch about the refs in this game out of any is completely ridiculous...
vundy33 Wrote:lol, seriously? If the refs gave anyone favor, it was Belfry. To bitch about the refs in this game out of any is completely ridiculous...

I wasn't at this game, but if they gave us favor and all 5 starters fouled out we were playing football. Which, I don't blame us, we're pretty good at it (;
Apparently, those 5 starters were fouled out towards the end of the game.

I just don't get the opinion that 15th Region refs favor ANY team, especially ER and Pikeville, two of the most hated teams in the region. I think our refs suck horribly, but I really don't think they give any team favor.
vundy33 Wrote:Apparently, those 5 starters were fouled out towards the end of the game.

I just don't get the opinion that 15th Region refs favor ANY team, especially ER and Pikeville, two of the most hated teams in the region. I think our refs suck horribly, but I really don't think they give any team favor.

I agree 100%, 15th region refs are consistantly bad for all parties. People can complain about reffing changing the game all they want, BUT the BEST teams win regardless of bad calls! You're are going to get bad calls in any games you play (some worse than others), but fighting through them makes a team great.
Congrats to ER. Could this team finally be coming together? Maybe its just me, but seems like the Warriors do better the more Mullins & Miller are involved. I know against P'burg Mullins was getting the open jumpers & knocking them down each time. Miller got on a tear in the second half & was just taking it to the hole with authority & knocking down shots. Tough little guard.
If this team has or is finally putting it together they could be the dark horse in the 15th.