Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Perry County Central 52 - Harlan County 42
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Good win for Pcc. HC is the best team in the 13th, IMO!!!! This team is phyical and can guard as good as anyone ive seen in the mtns.
Can someone please edit the thread title to make some sense for those if us not from Hindman or Pippipassis?
^ It's clear to me: Persimmon Community Caregivers just beat the Holy Cows!
It is spelled out clearly on how to create thread titles:

http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...hp?t=51119

Also, please spell out the teams names.

Example: JBS 55 - PCC 55

Correct Way: June Buchanan 55 - Perry Co. Central 55

Thanks!
Trouble Wrote:Can someone please edit the thread title to make some sense for those if us not from Hindman or Pippipassis?

Fixed!

Stardust Wrote:^ It's clear to me: Persimmon Community Caregivers just beat the Holy Cows!

SD, how many threads are there about how to make the right final score thread?
People don't care!
My bad!!!! I will do better next time.
U dont have to b a jackass!!! I said my bad!!!
If you have been around since July, you certainly have seen enough threads to no how to do it correctly.
2/4/2012
Perry Co. Central 52
Harlan Co. 42
Harlan Co. 11 10 5 16 42
Perry Co. Central 9 19 8 16 52
Harlan Co. (22-2) -- Brewer 14, Sergent 7, Massengill 12, A. Caldwell 1, Clark 4, Z. Caldwell 4.
Perry Co. Central (20-4) -- Pray 4, Paige 17, Beverly 25, Huff 2, Cornett 4.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2009/12/02/10403...rylink=cpy
Congratulations Perry County Central!!

Physical game and lots of action! Beverly couldn't miss. I got to talk to him some after the game....nice kid!
Very physical game!!!!! Harlan County is a very good team. Mike Jones teams always play very, very hard. I think HC will win this region this year. Cornett had 14 rebs and 13 blocks.
Nice win for perry central. I really like the inside game of the Cornett kid for pcc.
Big game for Beverly.
Perry County Central center Dalton Cornett didn't need to score much to make a big impact. The 6-foot-6 center blocked 13 shots and grabbed 13 rebounds to go with his four points, and the host Commodores (20-4) beat Harlan County (22-2) 52-42.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2012/02/05/20566...rylink=cpy
I'm pretty sure all of Dalton's blocks were in the first 3 quarters because Harlan County pretty much quit going inside in the 4th quarter.
Good to see the kid contribute on D.
Braxton was very aggressive tonight and it paid off.
And in case anyone was wondering....
Jaysean is fully incorporated and versed in this offense.
He has meshed with the team and they all communicate very well.
I like to watch both of these teams play. They both are very phyical on both ends of the court. The big kid from Perry Central was the difference in the game.
zaga_fan Wrote:I'm pretty sure all of Dalton's blocks were in the first 3 quarters because Harlan County pretty much quit going inside in the 4th quarter.
Good to see the kid contribute on D.
Braxton was very aggressive tonight and it paid off.
And in case anyone was wondering....
Jaysean is fully incorporated and versed in this offense.
He has meshed with the team and they all communicate very well

I didn't see anything close to a negative comment about Paige...actually never saw his name outside the stats. Why are you compelled to make this statement?

Grats to PCC; great game.
I think he said thos because of all the negative things that most of the posters on here say about him. They love to talk about how selfish this team is and how bad beverly and paige are jealous of one another. For all those that say those things, come watch them play. I see nothing but a team that is very unselfish and a team that had gel together very good.
Bear Nut Wrote:I didn't see anything close to a negative comment about Paige...actually never saw his name outside the stats. Why are you compelled to make this statement?

Grats to PCC; great game.

I'm not firing back at anyone or anything like that.
I'm just saying that this kid has bought into the system and this team is playing as a complete unit.
How he would mesh was something everyone questioned the minute he stepped on the court.
Congrats to a very talented Perry Central team. Harlan Co. also showed that they can play with one of the best teams in the state.
zaga_fan Wrote:I'm not firing back at anyone or anything like that.
I'm just saying that this kid has bought into the system and this team is playing as a complete unit.
How he would mesh was something everyone questioned the minute he stepped on the court.

I was wondering about this, too and am glad that you aren't firing back at anyone. I haven't read or heard anything like this from anyone in the Black Bear Nation. Except for the loss, I really enjoyed my visit to PCC. I met some fans who were friendly, warm and very personable. I talked to a couple fo women at the concession stand, working moms...I can relate and one man outside who was very nice. I won't mention his name on a public forum but he got kicked out of the Leslie Co game for questioning the refs....LOL....I thought that was very ironic!!

HC's best quarter has been the 3rd, historically. In this game, we only scored 5 points for the entire quarter. Also, I don't know what our foul shot percentage was, but I do believe that could have been a game changer. You just can't make those kinds of mistakes against a team like PCC.

So I wish PCC the best going forward, unless of course, we meet again. Then I hope the bears stomp your guts out!!
ConfusedingleparConfusedinglepar
^Even us Perry fans wondered how sticking a superstar into the lineup would change things for the Commodores.

I was just letting everyone know that Perry is ready to play Wink
Nice win for win for PCC not play very well but still won.
Heard Harlan was the biggest bunch of thugs to ever play in Perry Centrals Gym. Said they knocked beverly all over the place. Bet ballstar almost peed in his pants.
It was a physical game, no question. Both teams pretty much held their own.
As far as thugs are concerned I didn't see it on either side.
As far as the condition of ballstar's pants, you'll need to ask him.
The_Rock Wrote:Heard Harlan was the biggest bunch of thugs to ever play in Perry Centrals Gym. Said they knocked beverly all over the place. Bet ballstar almost peed in his pants.

Are you serious with that comment?

It was a physical game for crying out loud, no menace toward anyone. Why can't you be happy with a victory over a team that's actually as good, if not better than you on a given night. Beverly played fantastic, but if he thinks that was physical, imagine what it will be like in college. Ask Elisha Justice about the Big East and see what he says about physical? I'm sure he could give you a few words from the wise about major college basketball and it's physical play.

That's way out of line for you to use the word "thugs" concerning Harlan Co. Those are very good kids and good students out there trying to win a hard fought game against a very, very good Perry Central team on the road. I'm sure there were certainly no malace between Coach Hatcher and Coach Jones (two future Hall of Famers in my opinion), therefore, you should just be thrilled with the victory and think before you speak that ignorance next time!
ballstar Wrote:Very physical game!!!!! Harlan County is a very good team. Mike Jones teams always play very, very hard. I think HC will win this region this year. Cornett had 14 rebs and 13 blocks.

i have seen about all of the 13 region teams HC seems to be the pick of the litter. If they had a bigger boy in the middle. They would be dangerous. Jones my pick for 13 region coach of the year. peace be among us, Brother Cecil.
Just a physcial game Harlan was not thugs, Go to Buckorn Tuesday night and watch them they play hard the way Jones coaches, Buckhorn got their hands full i will say thatand Harlan will be a hard out in the 13th Region. A very good team is Harlan,Cent.
Pages: 1 2