Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lexmark Reports Full Year and Q4 2011 Results
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Lexington, KY - Lexmark International weathered a challenging global economic environment in 2011 with full year and fourth quarter financial results showing record laser supplies revenue, record gross profit margin and a strong operating income margin.

A release from the company's corporate headquarters in Lexington stated the following:

Full Year 2011 Results

GAAP revenue of $4.173 billion includes $5 million of acquisition-related adjustments. Non-GAAP revenue of $4.178 billion declined less than 1 percent compared with last year. The company delivered record laser supplies revenue for the year, which increased 9 percent above the record set last year.

Business Lexington Latest News
Redesigned Downtown Would “Free Rupp” From its Surroundings
It Could Be Yours: Chevy Chase Plaza on the Market
Fayette Sees Small Rise in Foreclosures, Mortgage Delinquencies
UK's CBER Releases Report on Kentucky's Economy

Extras
E-mail this story
Print this article

Facebook

Twitter

Digg
Larger | Smaller

GAAP earnings per share for the full year of 2011 were $4.12. Excluding $0.59 per share for restructuring-related and acquisition-related adjustments, earnings per share for the full year of 2011 would have been $4.71. GAAP earnings per share for the full year of 2010 were $4.28. Earnings per share for the full year of 2010 would have been $4.96 excluding $0.68 per share for restructuring-related and acquisition-related adjustments.

Hardware revenue of $989 million declined 7 percent while Supplies revenue of $2.912 billion was flat in 2011. Software and Other revenue was $272 million, or $277 million excluding acquisition-related adjustments. Software and Other revenue grew 22 percent, or 17 percent excluding acquisition-related adjustments. Core1 revenue, which principally includes laser and business inkjet hardware and supplies, managed print services and software, grew 7 percent year to year while Legacy1 revenue, which includes consumer inkjet hardware and supplies that the company is exiting, declined 35 percent. Lexmark's focus continues to be on growing the company's Core, as Legacy, which in 2011 represented about 12 percent of Lexmark's revenue, continues to become a less significant portion of the company's revenue mix.

Imaging Solutions and Services (ISS) revenue of $4.078 billion declined 2 percent compared to

the same period last year. Perceptive Software revenue was $95 million. Perceptive Software revenue excluding acquisition-related adjustments was $100 million and grew 98 percent compared to the 2010 post-acquisition period of June 8 – Dec. 31, 2010.

The company ended the year with $1.1 billion in cash and current marketable securities. Net cash provided by operating activities was $391 million. Capital expenditures were $156 million for the year. Depreciation and amortization was $222 million in 2011. The company repurchased $250 million, or 7.9 million of the company's shares during 2011. The company's remaining share repurchase authorization was about $241 million at year end.

Fourth Quarter 2011 Results

GAAP revenue of $1.060 billion includes $1 million of acquisition-related adjustments. Non-GAAP revenue of $1.061 billion declined 4 percent compared with the same quarter last year. The company delivered record laser supplies revenue in the quarter.

advertisement
GAAP earnings per share for the fourth quarter of 2011 were $0.94. Excluding $0.32 per share for restructuring-related and acquisition-related adjustments, earnings per share for the fourth quarter of 2011 would have been $1.25. GAAP earnings per share for the fourth quarter of 2010 were $1.10. Earnings per share for the fourth quarter of 2010 would have been $1.29 excluding $0.19 per share for restructuring-related and acquisition-related adjustments.

In the fourth quarter, Hardware revenue declined 9 percent and Supplies revenue declined 3 percent. Software and Other revenue increased 5 percent, or declined 1 percent excluding acquisition-related adjustments. Core revenue grew 2 percent while Legacy revenue declined 38 percent.

ISS revenue of $1.030 billion declined 5 percent in the fourth quarter compared to the same period last year. Perceptive Software revenue was $30 million. Perceptive Software revenue of $31 million, excluding acquisition-related adjustments, grew 41 percent.

GAAP earnings per share for the fourth quarter of 2011 were $0.94. Excluding $0.32 per share for restructuring-related and acquisition-related adjustments, earnings per share for the fourth quarter of 2011 would have been $1.25. GAAP earnings per share for the fourth quarter of 2010 were $1.10. Earnings per share for the fourth quarter of 2010 would have been $1.29 excluding $0.19 per share for restructuring-related and acquisition-related adjustments.

In the fourth quarter, Hardware revenue declined 9 percent and Supplies revenue declined 3 percent. Software and Other revenue increased 5 percent, or declined 1 percent excluding acquisition-related adjustments. Core revenue grew 2 percent while Legacy revenue declined 38 percent.

ISS revenue of $1.030 billion declined 5 percent in the fourth quarter compared to the same period last year. Perceptive Software revenue was $30 million. Perceptive Software revenue of $31 million, excluding acquisition-related adjustments, grew 41 percent.

In the fourth quarter, net cash provided by operating activities was $164 million, capital expenditures were $46 million, and depreciation and amortization was $64 million. Lexmark repurchased approximately 3.8 million of its shares during the fourth quarter for $125 million. The company paid its first quarterly dividend of $0.25 per share totaling $18 million during the quarter

http://www.bizlex.com/Articles-Business-...sults.html
Those evil corporation how dare they make a profit
^ LOL, I knew it would come from someone like you, Hoot, Bob, Pig or Realville Wink
nky Wrote:Those evil corporation how dare they make a profit

Contrary to what it may appear, I have no problem with corporations making money. The problem is that many of them would love to go back to the company-town and indentured servitude days. AND/OR when given bail-out money, they give themselves bonuses and take retreats, instead of getting things fixed.

I am not a fan of insanely higher rich-taxes, but I am also not a fan of "fair-tax" or flat-tax. I am somewhere in the middle. Sadly, I believe Romney's 14% is much lower than what many of you stated that you pay in taxes, am I right? What company is it that has gotten away with paying so little recently, is it GE? I forget which it was, but its insane!

I got off topic but the comment was open for response, lol.
I don't think corporations should pay taxes
LWC Wrote:Contrary to what it may appear, I have no problem with corporations making money. The problem is that many of them would love to go back to the company-town and indentured servitude days. AND/OR when given bail-out money, they give themselves bonuses and take retreats, instead of getting things fixed.

I am not a fan of insanely higher rich-taxes, but I am also not a fan of "fair-tax" or flat-tax. I am somewhere in the middle. Sadly, I believe Romney's 14% is much lower than what many of you stated that you pay in taxes, am I right? What company is it that has gotten away with paying so little recently, is it GE? I forget which it was, but its insane!

I got off topic but the comment was open for response, lol.
Romney's effective tax rate was so low because most of his income was from dividends. The companies that he owns and has invested in also pay corporate income taxes.

In addition, Romney donated another 15 percent of his income to charity. Compare that to the paltry 1 percent that Obama "gives back," and it is hard to make a case that Romney is the greedy one. Romney has probably paid more income taxes in the past couple of years than Obama has paid in his entire life. If Romney wins the nomination, I look forward to seeing Obama trying to make the case that Romney has not been paying his "fair share." Nothing could be further from the truth.
How can u defend someone that makes 40u million dollars paying 14%a taxes. My farther makes 110k and payed a much higher %.
nky Wrote:I don't think corporations should pay taxes

Really? :please: