Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: George Rogers Clark Pokey Harris signs with Murray State
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
George Rogers Clark senior Pokey Harris signs with Murray State

George Rogers Clark senior running back Pokey Harris signed a national letter-of-intent with Murray State Wednesday and will have a ceremonial signing at 2:15 p.m. Friday in the high school library.
Harris rushed for 1,940 yards and 20 touchdowns, the most among all Class 6A schools last season.
He earned third-team all-state honors from the Louisville Courier Journal and was an honorable mention all-state honoree by the Associated Press.
He also was named the District 8 6A Player of the Year by the Kentucky Football Coaches Association and played in the 2011 “Best of the Bluegrass” all-star game.
“We are real excited about this year’s signing class,” Murray State coach Chris Hatcher said. “We feel we were able to get the players that we were targeting and fill the needs we have heading into next season.
“This group has the potential to make an immediate impact as we push for a conference championship in 2012.”

http://www.centralkynews.com/winchesters...3513.story
Will Harris play baseball for the Racers as well?
Panther Thunder Wrote:Will Harris play baseball for the Racers as well?

Not sure, but as you know he is a outstanding baseball player too.
In my opinion, he deserved better offers. Not knocking Murray. Just think he could play at a higher level.
I enjoyed watching this young man. I wish him luck
Best of luck to Mr. Harris - although the nickname seems incompatible with the stats and position.
Tica Wrote:Best of luck to Mr. Harris - although the nickname seems incompatible with the stats and position.

:thatsfunn So many people that have seen him play say the same thing. He recieved that nickname at a early age, and it stuck.