Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Read article 8 section 1, slack jaws
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Article 8, Section 1 of the United States Constitution establishes a broad based government, by the people, for the people, unto the people, with things like postal roads, post offices, commerce department, trade commission, etc. etc. I wish you right wing nut jobs and Ron Paul butt wipers would actually read it for yourself. The Framers did not hate nor distrust government (read the Bible... neither did Moses or Jesus or Paul)... they wanted to created a responsive, responsible government, balanced in power by branches, each branch limited in power by the other branches powers. Please, shut up hacks and idiots... take a dadgum history class or something.
^
lol at this guy.
What?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
lol at this guy.
What?

You not like, baby, what you don't understand because you are afraid you aren't really that smart? Welcome to exposure 101, slack jaw.
Once again...

RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
lol at this guy.
What?
"The Congress shall have power to LAY AND COLLECT TAXES, DUTIES, IMPOSTS and EXCISES, to PAY THE DEBTS and PROVIDE FOR THE COMMON DEFENSE AND GENERAL WELFARE of the United States; but all duties, imposts and excises SHALL BE UNIFORM throughout the United States."

"Look at this guy" is the response of a trifler with true patriotism, a guy who thinks his gf is always cheating on him (she is)....
huh?
The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;
To borrow money on the credit of the United States;
To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;
To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization, and uniform Laws on the subject of Bankruptcies throughout the United States;
To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures;
To provide for the Punishment of counterfeiting the Securities and current Coin of the United States;
To establish Post Offices and Post Roads;
To promote the Progress of Science and useful Arts, by securing for limited Times to Authors and Inventors the exclusive Right to their respective Writings and Discoveries;
To constitute Tribunals inferior to the supreme Court;
To define and punish Piracies and Felonies committed on the high Seas, and Offenses against the Law of Nations;
To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;
To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years;
To provide and maintain a Navy;
To make Rules for the Government and Regulation of the land and naval Forces;
To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;
To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;
To exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten Miles square) as may, by Cession of particular States, and the acceptance of Congress, become the Seat of the Government of the United States, and to exercise like Authority over all Places purchased by the Consent of the Legislature of the State in which the Same shall be, for the Erection of Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards, and other needful Buildings; And
To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers, and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any Department or Officer thereof.
HOGWOLLOP Wrote:Article 8, Section 1 of the United States Constitution establishes a broad based government, by the people, for the people, unto the people, with things like postal roads, post offices, commerce department, trade commission, etc. etc. I wish you right wing nut jobs and Ron Paul butt wipers would actually read it for yourself. The Framers did not hate nor distrust government (read the Bible... neither did Moses or Jesus or Paul)... they wanted to created a responsive, responsible government, balanced in power by branches, each branch limited in power by the other branches powers. Please, shut up hacks and idiots... take a dadgum history class or something.
What does article 8 sec 1 have to do with this?
U.S. Constitution - Article 1 Section 9

The Migration or Importation of such Persons as any of the States now existing shall think proper to admit, shall not be prohibited by the Congress prior to the Year one thousand eight hundred and eight, but a tax or duty may be imposed on such Importation, not exceeding ten dollars for each Person.
The privilege of the Writ of Habeas Corpus shall not be suspended, unless when in Cases of Rebellion or Invasion the public Safety may require it.
No Bill of Attainder or ex post facto Law shall be passed.
(No capitation, or other direct, Tax shall be laid, unless in Proportion to the Census or Enumeration herein before directed to be taken.) (Section in parentheses clarified by the 16th Amendment.)
No Tax or Duty shall be laid on Articles exported from any State.
No Preference shall be given by any Regulation of Commerce or Revenue to the Ports of one State over those of another: nor shall Vessels bound to, or from, one State, be obliged to enter, clear, or pay Duties in another.
<A name=C7>No Money shall be drawn from the Treasury, but in Consequence of Appropriations made by Law; and a regular Statement and Account of the Receipts and Expenditures of all public Money shall be published from time to time.
NoTitle of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince or foreign State.

Shouldn't the Federal Reserve be audited?
HOGWOLLOP Wrote:Article 8, Section 1 of the United States Constitution establishes a broad based government, by the people, for the people, unto the people, with things like postal roads, post offices, commerce department, trade commission, etc. etc. I wish you right wing nut jobs and Ron Paul butt wipers would actually read it for yourself. The Framers did not hate nor distrust government (read the Bible... neither did Moses or Jesus or Paul)... they wanted to created a responsive, responsible government, balanced in power by branches, each branch limited in power by the other branches powers. Please, shut up hacks and idiots... take a dadgum history class or something.
By the way if you had a dadgum history class you would know the proper way of stating this would be Section 1 Article 8 of the US Constitution:trolldad:
U.S. Constitution - Article 6

All Debts contracted and Engagements entered into, before the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be as valid against the United States under this Constitution, as under the Confederation.
This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding.
The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States.

Yet we care what religion someone is who's running for office, yet we have a President who wants to "change" the Constitution to modernize it and make it more "socially just"
What's wrong with wanting a limited government? What's wrong with wanting to keep more of the money you earned in your wallet? Why should the citizens of this country fund ridiculous federal programs? When this country lose it's work ethic and became a handout ethics? Wake up America and learn to take care of yourself and family and not rely on the government.
nky Wrote:By the way if you had a dadgum history class you would know the proper way of stating this would be Section 1 Article 8 of the US Constitution:trolldad:

From BEVERLY HILLS COP: "Luther, are you angry with me?" bahahahahaha
What is mommy making you for dinner tonight, nky? Oh, I know..... lol
Some people think the way you say it matters as much as the document itself. Ain't life grand? bahahahaha
HOGWOLLOP Wrote:From BEVERLY HILLS COP: "Luther, are you angry with me?" bahahahahaha
What is mommy making you for dinner tonight, nky? Oh, I know..... lol

HOGWOLLOP Wrote:Some people think the way you say it matters as much as the document itself. Ain't life grand? bahahahaha
Well I've been out of my Mommy's basement for 30+ years you? Part of an "education" is knowing the proper terminology and how to phrase things
Ad hominem attacks just show the weakness of your original idea
nky Wrote:Well I've been out of my Mommy's basement for 30+ years you? Part of an "education" is knowing the proper terminology and how to phrase things
Ad hominem attacks just show the weakness of your original idea

Actually, I think it shows the incredible insecurity and vanity of the target... DING... thank you for playing.... basements are scary places... are you Far Side's Gary Larsen? ah hahahahaha

Seriously, how could the Framers have hated the idea of government WHEN THEY WERE IN THE PROCESS OF FORMING ONE? They wanted a responsive, responsible national government...a republic... we got one... thank The Great Spirit (God) for that.... surely we can agree on that my nky brother? TANK is a great way to get around, isn't it? That Hofbrauhouse is awesome.
ok then
Can't argue with that logic
Im still trying to decipher half of his comments....Ill get back to you when I find the logic.
HOGWOLLOP Wrote:Actually, I think it shows the incredible insecurity and vanity of the target... DING... thank you for playing.... basements are scary places... are you Far Side's Gary Larsen? ah hahahahaha

Seriously, how could the Framers have hated the idea of government WHEN THEY WERE IN THE PROCESS OF FORMING ONE? They wanted a responsive, responsible national government...a republic... we got one... thank The Great Spirit (God) for that.... surely we can agree on that my nky brother? TANK is a great way to get around, isn't it? That Hofbrauhouse is awesome.

I don't recall people saying the Framers hated the idea of government. Whom has said so?
^ I don't know I learned in school that the Founding Fathers felt that the role of government was to protect our liberty, our freedoms, and our self interest.

Government should be limited, it should be controlled by "We the People" not the other way around. People should act vigilant and constitutionally-minded sovereign to be on the watch as the government over steps its bounds. But over the years "We the People" have become lazy, apathetic, we've fallen asleep at the wheel and let the government become more than what the Founding Fathers intended.

“We are a nation that has a government—not the other way around,”-Ronald Reagan stated in his first inaugural.
HOGWOLLOP Wrote:You not like, baby, what you don't understand because you are afraid you aren't really that smart? Welcome to exposure 101, slack jaw.

It appears you are the one short on being "smart".
Seeing as to how NKY schooled your ass and your only responses are ignorant rambling.
A close reading of the Framers suggests certain divisions: is it safer to trust the people: (Christianity teaches that the seed of Satan resides in each person, therefore, to entrust people with power is to guarantee anarchy and that the rights of minority interests will be trampled, that self interest will reign)... however, a "just trust the government" approach was also problematic in that concentrated power in the hands of a few "seed of Satan" individuals (or one) can lead to levels of atrocity big crowds of people cannot achieve (see Stalin's purges, the Holocaust, Pol Pot, etc)... thus, a balance of powers between branches of government, always in respect to the rights and considerations of "the people" began to win the day. It is intersting that this debate still rages today. It is also of interest to study closely the teachings of Jesus/God, Buddha, Arjuna/Vishnu, etc. and see how those closest to the white light of spiritual TRUTH (LOVE) viewed government and people.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:It appears you are the one short on being "smart".
Seeing as to how NKY schooled your ass and your only responses are ignorant rambling.

"Luther, are you angry with me?" "It takes all kinds of in and out door schoolin' to understand my kind of foolin'"... Robert Frost....
HOGWOLLOP Wrote:"Luther, are you angry with me?" "It takes all kinds of in and out door schoolin' to understand my kind of foolin'"... Robert Frost....

Thanks for proving my point
As to the above: bahahahaha ah hahahahaha

No, thank you, for pointing the proof in boomerrang fashion... geez.. you remind me of a former Miss Nebraska I once knew: pretty easy.... lol
HOGWOLLOP Wrote:A close reading of the Framers suggests certain divisions: is it safer to trust the people: (Christianity teaches that the seed of Satan resides in each person, therefore, to entrust people with power is to guarantee anarchy and that the rights of minority interests will be trampled, that self interest will reign)... however, a "just trust the government" approach was also problematic in that concentrated power in the hands of a few "seed of Satan" individuals (or one) can lead to levels of atrocity big crowds of people cannot achieve (see Stalin's purges, the Holocaust, Pol Pot, etc)... thus, a balance of powers between branches of government, always in respect to the rights and considerations of "the people" began to win the day. It is interesting that this debate still rages today. It is also of interest to study closely the teachings of Jesus/God, Buddha, Arjuna/Vishnu, etc. and see how those closest to the white light of spiritual TRUTH (LOVE) viewed government and people.
More specific the blending of the ideas of Hobbs and Locke to avoid the rise of a single absolute ruler, with a nod to Magna Carta and the Mayflower Compact. But then again you would also have to reference Montesquieu who wrote about a separation of powers with influences by ancient Greek and Roman ideas. All of these influenced our Founding Fathers in what the did. They were a product of their age, breaking free from an old antiquated European model of govererance

Where oh where have you been theHOGWALLUP?? I thought you were dead or something. Ahhhh, the Phoenix arises from out of the ashes.:Clap:

Hey everybody, it's a Happy Happy day. Please welcome our old friend "theHOGWALLUP", complete with all of his infinite wisdom intact, back to the fold.:lmao:
Pages: 1 2