Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Magoffin Co. 66 Paintsville 57
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Great game. Tie game with 1:05 left. Hansford fouled out and Jones was out with leg cramps at the end. Lady Tigers came together and played great tonight. This team will be fine after they get a few practices and games under their belt.
Did Vanhoose play?
eldorado Wrote:Did Vanhoose play?

No. She walked off the floor in the 4th quarter Monday night during the Allen Central game.
^ Nope.
Lady Tigers played hard tonight. Very proud of them!
I guess as offthehook said in the LC thread, Magoffin really is the better team.

Congrats MC

Magoffin Co. 66

Paintsville 57

Magoffin Co. 6 16 20 24 66

Paintsville 13 10 19 15 57

Magoffin Co. (15-4) -- Fletcher 2, Castle 17, Reed 17, Connelley 10, Arnett 4, J. Howard 16.

Paintsville (16-6) -- Jones 10, Hansford 16, Carroll 20, Samons 3, Mills 2, Trimble 6.
LCDawg Wrote:I guess as offthehook said in the LC thread, Magoffin really is the better team.

Congrats MC

Magoffin Co. 66

Paintsville 57

Magoffin Co. 6 16 20 24 66

Paintsville 13 10 19 15 57

Magoffin Co. (15-4) -- Fletcher 2, Castle 17, Reed 17, Connelley 10, Arnett 4, J. Howard 16.

Paintsville (16-6) -- Jones 10, Hansford 16, Carroll 20, Samons 3, Mills 2, Trimble 6.

LOL...You're so funny.

I wouldn't say the "better" team won tonight. I will say that MC wore the Tigers down late. Jones was cramping up in the 4th and the Tigers also played without 6 year starter VanHoose. Game was tied with less than a min. left to play. Jazzy hits a 3 and then MC steals the inbounds pass and scores. 5 point turn around in less than 4 secs. Lady Tigers answered with a 3. But, had to foul and put MC at the line and that's where the 9 pt loss came from. Up and down battle the entire night. Fun game to watch!

So why drag me into it? All I did on the other thread was give an honest answer to the question you asked. Wasn't trying to be smart. Just told the truth.
Is the district seeded or a blind draw this year?
^Seeded. But, don't think it matters. Any team in it could win it. Very tight District this season!
What happened with Vanhoose.
^ that's what I'm wondering.....Girl has been there for a long time.....senior...one of the best players on the team of ARGUBLY the the second best team in the region right now.......what's going on?
Magoffin could very well finish the season on an 11 game winning streak. They only play two teams about .500. They play Belfry (11-10) and Sheldon Clark (12-10). They beat both of them by more than 17 earlier in the season too.
There's no doubt vanhoose has a lot of potential but the Tigers have been struggling here lately even with her on the floor. Hopefully they can get back to the way they were playing at the begining of the year. The girls on the floor tonight played hard and were in the game until the last minute. I think they will be fine with or without vanhoose. Come district time they will be tough.
Hillbilly Heartthrob Wrote:^ that's what I'm wondering.....Girl has been there for a long time.....senior...one of the best players on the team of ARGUBLY the the second best team in the region right now.......what's going on?

She quit the team Monday against Allen Central. Asked to return on Tuesday and a meeting was scheduled for Thursday to address that situation. It was apparently decided that she will return to the team, but apparently won't be playing against Sheldon Clark on Friday night. Hopefully this team will go back to playing as a team, if not season will end quickly.