Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Sheldon Clark 72 Paintsville 45
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Very exciting first half for both fans as these two pushed the ball and got after it offensively. Paintsville who started the 3 8th graders, really bother SC with their 3/4 court press. Thanks to a hot shooting half by Tiller, the Tigers only trailed by 9 and had to very much feel in the game. I expected Sheldon Clark to come out a little lagged and they did for much of the game; the cards probably finished with 15 turnovers on the night. There was 3 big time dunks in the 2nd half by Johnson(2) and Tiller(1). It amazes me that on any night in the 15th, you're pretty much guaranteed one big jam. Scoring for SC: Moore-20, Johnson-17, Chapman-10, Kirk-9, Parsley-9, James-3, Rice-2, Blackburn-2.
Tiller was apparently sick today at school glad to see he played well.
I could be wrong but does Kash Daniel look a little reminiscent of Shane Grimm? He did to me at least.
D IT UP Wrote:I could be wrong but does Kash Daniel look a little reminiscent of Shane Grimm? He did to me at least.

That bunch in 8th grade could be very special when they get to be juniors, and seniors. They'll take their lumps now but look out for the future.
^Baseball, Football and Bball
D IT UP Wrote:I could be wrong but does Kash Daniel look a little reminiscent of Shane Grimm? He did to me at least.

Is he playing with a seperated shoulder? I heard he was, didn't know for sure
I believe he is in fact playing hurt.
Congrats to the Cardinals and coaching staff!!!!
According to one Pikeville radio station Johnson had 17 points and 17 rebounds. I bet 8 or 9 of those were offensive boards.
Johnson finished with 17 and 20
D IT UP Wrote:Very exciting first half for both fans as these two pushed the ball and got after it offensively. Paintsville who started the 3 8th graders, really bother SC with their 3/4 court press. Thanks to a hot shooting half by Tiller, the Tigers only trailed by 9 and had to very much feel in the game. I expected Sheldon Clark to come out a little lagged and they did for much of the game; the cards probably finished with 15 turnovers on the night. There was 3 big time dunks in the 2nd half by Johnson(2) and Tiller(1). It amazes me that on any night in the 15th, you're pretty much guaranteed one big jam. Scoring for SC: Moore-20, Johnson-17, Chapman-10, Kirk-9, Parsley-9, James-3, Rice-2, Blackburn-2.

Did the slone kid play?
One step closer to the number one seed for the Cards and coach Spurlock and his staff . Getting Chapman involved in scoring will just make the team better. Good win
Jed Clampett Wrote:One step closer to the number one seed for the Cards and coach Spurlock and his staff . Getting Chapman involved in scoring will just make the team better. Good win

OK Did the slone kid play?
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:I believe he is in fact playing hurt.

Just my opinion, a lot of these upper classmen should take note of an eighth grader playing injured, a seperated shoulder no less. That takes a lot of guts to perform against guys four and five years older than you, I believe PTF is right about the future there especially when you already have a built in leader of example. Tip of the hat to him and the rest of that group.
cricketbed Wrote:OK Did the slone kid play?

I listened to the game and he did play sparingly, no points and maybe 1 rebound
TigerBlues Wrote:I listened to the game and he did play sparingly, no points and maybe 1 rebound

Thanks.
Slone played a few spot minutes but didn't score. It will take some time for the coaches to get him adjusted to how they need him to play. Hopefully by district time, he will become a big factor.