Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Knott Co. Central 61 - Letcher Co. Central 51
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from Whitesburg. Letcher just couldn't hit free throws and Knott hit theirs down the stretch. Knott finishes with a perfect record in the 53rd district. They host Powell 2/4
Good win, sound like it got a little rough at the end according to the radio.
Justice 26 points
Davis 23 points
Not a well played game but it was fun to watch. Congrats to Knott Central on the win.
The Patriots showed a lot of class! Stewart needed to be reprimanded. Terrible.
^Why
Didn't the Pats get a T in this one for taunting?

Since we're talking about class.
HeGotGame Wrote:The Patriots showed a lot of class! Stewart needed to be reprimanded. Terrible.

For What?
I have some friends whose kids go to LCC. So this is not a post dogging the school, and especially the players but a question for the coaching staff. But why on earth, with all of those horses and athletes all over the court, do they not push the pace and run??
Congrats KCC. Wish I could make it to the KCC vs PCC game on the 9th. Now that will be a heck of a game to watch.
It was mentioned on the updates thread but Corey Stewart slung Justice down by the arm and stomped on Evan Hall's chest while he was down. I realize he was frustrated but you have to show more control.
Zach Davis got the T which is laughable if you know the kid..the pep section was chanting stereroids and he raised his arm-T
I didn't mean Stewart should have been ejected or anything but there was zero call!
Did you witness the non-calls?
HeGotGame Wrote:It was mentioned on the updates thread but Corey Stewart slung Justice down by the arm and stomped on Evan Hall's chest while he was down. I realize he was frustrated but you have to show more control.
Zach Davis got the T which is laughable if you know the kid..the pep section was chanting stereroids and he raised his arm-T
I didn't mean Stewart should have been ejected or anything but there was zero call!

I didn't think the game was that bad as far as any bad stuff but if you want to get nitpicky. Davis was pushing, shoving, threw people down, and lowered his shoulder and got by with offensive fouls. It is part of basketball. You failed to mention that Hall stuck his leg out and intentionally tried to trip Stewart before Stewart stomped at him. I had a direct view of what happened. It wasn't that major and the referees did a good job of maintaining control. I have been critical of officiating in the past, but these guys did a pretty good job last night. That would have been a difficult game to ref for anybody.
UKisN1 Wrote:Did you witness the non-calls?

Yes.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:I didn't think the game was that bad as far as any bad stuff but if you want to get nitpicky. Davis was pushing, shoving, threw people down, and lowered his shoulder and got by with offensive fouls. It is part of basketball. You failed to mention that Hall stuck his leg out and intentionally tried to trip Stewart before Stewart stomped at him. I had a direct view of what happened. It wasn't that major and the referees did a good job of maintaining control. I have been critical of officiating in the past, but these guys did a pretty good job last night. That would have been a difficult game to ref for anybody.

I agree with most of what you said. I did not see Hall try to trip Stewart, but it may have happened. It was a tourney type atmosphere and the entire game was very heated.. I think the refs missed a few calls but I assume Letcher fans probably feel the same.
I NEVER think a ref. decides the outcome..I also don't want to see any athlete injured...
Price of Admission--$5.00
Coke and Popcorn--$2.00
Watching Camron Justice play-------Priceless
Also Priceless: Hearing LCC's pep section chant "Daddy's Boy" when last week they chanted "We Want Justice". :Thumbs:
Windsprint Wrote:Price of Admission--$5.00
Coke and Popcorn--$2.00
Watching Camron Justice play-------Priceless

All this with a broken index finger on his shooting hand!
HeGotGame Wrote:Also Priceless: Hearing LCC's pep section chant "Daddy's Boy" when last week they chanted "We Want Justice". :Thumbs:

Thats kids being kids. I thought the pep section was well-mannered compared to some I have seen in the 14th region.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Thats kids being kids. I thought the pep section was well-mannered compared to some I have seen in the 14th region.

You are arguing just to be arguing.. hahah I didn't say it was a terrible thing..just funny.. However hitting Justice in the head as he walks in the locker room with a horn is not well mannered.. Wasn't even gonna bring it up.... :Shaking:
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Thats kids being kids. I thought the pep section was well-mannered compared to some I have seen in the 14th region.

This one is absolutely tame compared to some of the stuff I've witnessed around here lol

Perry/Wolfe in the Region a few years ago comes to mind.
True

And Hazard/Perry 2004

Also the year the fans fought which is one of the reasons Hazard and Perry do not play anymore...
TidesHoss32 Wrote:I have some friends whose kids go to LCC. So this is not a post dogging the school, and especially the players but a question for the coaching staff. But why on earth, with all of those horses and athletes all over the court, do they not push the pace and run??

That TideHoss is the question all the fans of Lcc want to know!!!!!!
KCC just keeps on rollin'...
As a LCC student, the "We Want Justice" chant wasn't for Cameron. Theres another Justice on the bench that we would like to have back
KCC stops rolling after they meet PCC.