Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Hazard V.S. JBS.... Semi-finals
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What are everyones predictions on Friday's game?
Jbs is lookin pretty nice right now...

gonna be close they lose to hazard once this year..
it will be a very very close game but i say jbs will win it 4-8 somewhere in between there 
:lmao: I just wanted to add that I think HHS is going to take this one, u have to admit the dawgs look pretty good
I THINK JBS IN A CLOSE ONE.  SORRY DAWGS U JUST HAD TO BE ONE OF THE STEPPS FOR US TO GO TO STATE. :clap:
The only step Hazard will be is the step to ending JBS' season... I definently think the Dogs will win, atleast by 12... Hazard's defensive will quickly shut down Stepp, and i dont think JBS has anybody at all that can guard Campbell downlow...
The dawgs are playing great team basketball right now. They have atleast 4 players hitting 3's. Their defense is incredible and free throw shooting is much improved plus they are still peaking. Spurlock is a good coach and I don't think the 4 Hazard seniors are ready to stop playing just yet............So I am going to say Hazard with the pep section dawg pound cheering them on!!!!!!!!!!! :clap:

GO DAWGS..........PLAY HARD AND PLAY TO WIN!!
you must remember when the bulldogs met the crusaders a few weeks ago, justin wallace did not play due to a knee injury.  JBS will fall short to hazard in this battle.
I just found out that one of the Varsity players for JBS is an 8th grader!!! I don't understand how an 8th grader can play for a high school team!  Will he play 4 yrs of HS sports too? I know out here in Kansas, JR High kids aren't allow to play with HS kids????  Nothing against the JBS kid...just wondering about KY rules!  I was told that this kid is a really outstanding player, especially for his age!
Oh! I pick HHS over JBS by 12!  Just guessing along with the rest of you! Smile

Play with your heart...NEPHEW...I will be watching the site Friday night to see how the game comes out! I sure would like to try get back to KY for the STATE Tourney!

GOOOOOO DAWGSSSS !
I hope JBS pours it on them. GO JBS from the 15th Region!
The Dawgs will beat (JBS) Joes' Basketball School in double digits!  To win against a team like Hazard you must play team balll instead of allowing one player to do it all.  Go Dawgs!
i believe we(hazard) are in a gd position to win this game with a double digit difference coz hazard's playing the best team ball ive seen in the region.jbs depends on stepp and cox to play their A game to win,buit hazard right now has campbell,durrel,chucky,hicks,williams and walker are playing very well for a long time now,the way we are playing team ball really makes us in a better position to win this game on friday,i dont see any reason for us to lose.but i wudnt rule out jbs too,both teams are gd enough to beat each other,but we're in a better position to win this.anything can happen on friday,but acoord to me hazard will win by more than 12.GO DAWGS
[quote author=KayOSteen link=topic=20544.msg206517#msg206517 date=1141865808]
I just found out that one of the Varsity players for JBS is an 8th grader!!! I don't understand how an 8th grader can play for a high school team!  Will he play 4 yrs of HS sports too? I know out here in Kansas, JR High kids aren't allow to play with HS kids????  Nothing against the JBS kid...just wondering about KY rules!  I was told that this kid is a really outstanding player, especially for his age!
[/quote]

tate cox is a great player and as of now he should be able 2 play the next four years also cut something might change before then 
This should be a close game. If JBS wins and Cox scores 20 or more I think he's a lock for MVP. I can already see the Stepp clans faces turning red, and of course MVP is the only thing on their mind for Clark. I think for Stepp to win the MVP he will have to score 30 or more against Hazard. Cox clearly out played him the other night against Estill. Stepp was 6 for 28 shooting. Bettter put up some numbers against Hazard Clark or the MVP will be Cox's.
I believe hazard will get this one in a close game by 5. :flame:
[quote author=allthewayhome link=topic=20544.msg206803#msg206803 date=1141874767]
[/quote]

tate cox is a great player and as of now he should be able 2 play the next four years also cut something might change before then 
[/quote]

He's nearly 16. KY rules say if a player turns 19 before August 1st they cannot play varsity sports. My understanding is he will turn 19 in July.
Hazard by 13
[size=40pt]GOOD LUCK
BULLDOGS!!!!!!
[/size]
This will be a good game, Hazard came to JBS this year and won by 12, but June Buchanan is looking pretty good right now so it should be a great game
[/quote]  Yes he can play the next 4 years. And he is an outstanding  player now.  There are several 8th graders playing on high school teams this year . 
[quote author=allthewayhome link=topic=20544.msg206803#msg206803 date=1141874767]
[/quote]

[/ He will be able to go by the rules ineffect as of now, and he will play the next four years [/quote]
[quote author=kccfan link=topic=20544.msg206946#msg206946 date=1141879795]
[/quote]

[/quote]

He's nearly 16. KY rules say if a player turns 19 before August 1st they cannot play varsity sports. My understanding is he will turn 19 in July.
[/quote]  His birthday is Aug. 2      sorry
Cox will be eligible to play all 4 years of high school ball.  Collins is 6'9" and he was hurt in our last game with the bull dogs.  He is also eligible to play the next 3 years.  Stepp can play the next 2 years. 
[quote author=kccfan link=topic=20544.msg206813#msg206813 date=1141875129]
This should be a close game. If JBS wins and Cox scores 20 or more I think he's a lock for MVP. I can already see the Stepp clans faces turning red, and of course MVP is the only thing on their mind for Clark. I think for Stepp to win the MVP he will have to score 30 or more against Hazard. Cox clearly out played him the other night against Estill. Stepp was 6 for 28 shooting. Bettter put up some numbers against Hazard Clark or the MVP will be Cox's.
[/quote]  Trying to stir up something are we?  Won't work.  They play great team ball.
As an ALC syudent I can't help but root for JBS.  My Roommate is from Hazard so we've talk this through a few times.  I'm gonna predict a game for the ages with JBS prevailing by less than 10 it may even take extra time. It's no doubt in my mind the winner of this wins the region.
I think Hazard will win this one by 10. GO DAWGS :thumpsup:
Play as a team..stay focused..you can do it..GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DAWGSSSSSSSSSSS :clap:

uk96

Stepp has played 4 years of high school basketball and Cox has played only this year as an eight grader.  Cox could not play last year because he stayed back and you cant play varsity sports the year you stay back.  Cox is an exceptional ballplayer that has a tremendous future and he has the right attitude and composure to play Division 1 basketball.

I think JBS can pull this one off if they play good team ball and get everyone involved.  I will say JBS by 5.
Seems like all the JBS players are now D1 prospects! What school has the younger Stepp boy committed to?
Pages: 1 2