Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bell County 56 #6 Harlan 52
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Two very evenly matched teams.
No surprise the score was close.
RunItUpTheGut's earlier post:

"Looks like morris didnt have 40 again tonight.
When teams start playing better competetion and players are still scoring, you know there great, but as for some who thought Bell would smack Harlan in the face, were obviously dead wrong."

So now they are evenly matched?

Morris and Mullins both had 21 at the end of the 3rd quarter, who knows how many she would have had if she hadnt left with an injury. Ledford didnt shut her down like the last time and only scored 3 points herself. Unfortunately the same thing happened to us as Harlan County when they came up here and she got us for 34.
Bell was up 16 when Morris got hurt
bball lover Wrote:RunItUpTheGut's earlier post:

"Looks like morris didnt have 40 again tonight.
When teams start playing better competetion and players are still scoring, you know there great, but as for some who thought Bell would smack Harlan in the face, were obviously dead wrong."

So now they are evenly matched?

Morris and Mullins both had 21 at the end of the 3rd quarter, who knows how many she would have had if she hadnt left with an injury. Ledford didnt shut her down like the last time and only scored 3 points herself. Unfortunately the same thing happened to us as Harlan County when they came up here and she got us for 34.

There is a "quote" button that you can use instead of retyping everything.
Just so you know....

And as for your comment......

Does it matter?
Your all playing for third place behind Clay and Whitley.
So in my eyes, yes all the team left are "even".
Confusedhh:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:There is a "quote" button that you can use instead of retyping everything.
Just so you know....

And as for your comment......

Does it matter?
Your all playing for third place behind Clay and Whitley.
So in my eyes, yes all the team left are "even".
Confusedhh:

I would slightly disagree with that statement simply because the 13th Region Tournament draw has so much to do with how the tournament plays out. It's very possible even if Whitley and Clay win their district that they'll get paired on the same side of the bracket. Then, of course, I guess you could argue that "everyone would be playing for 2nd" in that scenario.

Furthermore, I would go as far as saying guarantee neither Clay nor Whitley would want to draw the 52nd District runner-up in Round 1 regardless if it's Harlan Co., Harlan, or Bell Co.

I've sung the praises of Whitley Co. and Coach Anderson all year but I have to bring this up simply because it's factual. Whitley Co. has defeated Harlan soundly, Harlan Co. soundly, and played Clay Co. within four. I agree that they are sensational, and again, don't take this personal because, with the right draw, I could easily see them winning the 13th Region Tournament. However, I have to say that all three of those games were at home. Out of the top 4 in the region, Whitley has played the other three zero times on the road. That worries me a little bit moving forward. Who's to say that Harlan Co. may not beat Whitley by 13 at home just as Whitley did last Friday? Whitley did play Clay to a four point game, but Harlan Co. played them to a four point game AT Clay.

Now, I'm certainly not bringing this up to debate, my only point is that I still don't think you can ride off Harlan Co. and Harlan just because you defeated them at home. I still think that when it's all said and done, it will be Harlan vs. Clay Co. in one semifinal with Harlan Co. and Whitley Co. in the other. The difference is, unlike years previous, I wouldn't be surprised in that scenario for any four teams to win two in a row and head to Bowling Green!
Clay is still the team to beat, so we are talking non-sense until someone beats them... Clay Co. has dominated this region and it will be hard for anyone to beat them.. Don't put pressure on our girls to do something that we haven't done before..
UKFan8 Wrote:I would slightly disagree with that statement simply because the 13th Region Tournament draw has so much to do with how the tournament plays out. It's very possible even if Whitley and Clay win their district that they'll get paired on the same side of the bracket. Then, of course, I guess you could argue that "everyone would be playing for 2nd" in that scenario.

Furthermore, I would go as far as saying guarantee neither Clay nor Whitley would want to draw the 52nd District runner-up in Round 1 regardless if it's Harlan Co., Harlan, or Bell Co.

I've sung the praises of Whitley Co. and Coach Anderson all year but I have to bring this up simply because it's factual. Whitley Co. has defeated Harlan soundly, Harlan Co. soundly, and played Clay Co. within four. I agree that they are sensational, and again, don't take this personal because, with the right draw, I could easily see them winning the 13th Region Tournament. However, I have to say that all three of those games were at home. Out of the top 4 in the region, Whitley has played the other three zero times on the road. That worries me a little bit moving forward. Who's to say that Harlan Co. may not beat Whitley by 13 at home just as Whitley did last Friday? Whitley did play Clay to a four point game, but Harlan Co. played them to a four point game AT Clay.

Now, I'm certainly not bringing this up to debate, my only point is that I still don't think you can ride off Harlan Co. and Harlan just because you defeated them at home. I still think that when it's all said and done, it will be Harlan vs. Clay Co. in one semifinal with Harlan Co. and Whitley Co. in the other. The difference is, unlike years previous, I wouldn't be surprised in that scenario for any four teams to win two in a row and head to Bowling Green!

Very valid points.
Good post.