Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Courier-Journal's Litkenhous Ratings 1/30
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[INDENT]Boys' Basketball Courier-Journal's Litkenhous Ratings 1/30

1.Trinity (19-3)108.3
2.Ballard (16-6)101.3
3.Scott County (20-3)100.8
4.PRP (19-5)99.5
5.Bullitt East (17-4)98.3
6.Moore (20-4)92.6
7.Madison Central (22-0)92.5
8.Perry Central (18-4)91.1
9.Manual (13-7)91.1
10.Southwestern (18-6)90.2
11.Jeffersontown (16-7)89.5
12.Clark County (21-3)87.8
13.Lexington Catholic (17-5)87.6
14.Butler (12-8)87.1
15.Henry Clay (17-6)87.0
16.Covington Holy Cross (22-2)86.5
17.Eastern (11-11)86.2
18.Dixie Heights (13-8)85.8
19.Covington Catholic (14-8)85.6
20.South Oldham (14-6)85.3

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/...y=SPORTS050401
[/INDENT]
Wow, Madison Central 7 in this poll!! :yikes:
Where in the world is Knott Central? This makes no sense, 21-2 with only losses coming out of state. I guess we will find out the KING of the 14th on Feb 9th.
dkrude Wrote:Where in the world is Knott Central? This makes no sense, 21-2 with only losses coming out of state. I guess we will find out the KING of the 14th on Feb 9th.

With a rating of 85 - It looks like Knott is 21st.
Maybe a little higher than is should be, but close.
By far the most bias and inaccurate poll I've seen all year. Lou. Eastern has beat absolutely nobody, and been thumped by many.
The journal does the rankings of the State tourny, I'm pretty sure.....This is unfortunate.
Yes, the Litkenhous ratings have certainly affected the outcomes of many games.:eyeroll:

Its not a "poll", its a ratings system based on statistics and game results. And what does "The journal does the rankings of the State tourny, I'm pretty sure.....This is unfortunate." mean? Cantrell and the Herald Leader do the same.

In other words, there is not a Mr Litkenhous in his basement who is out to screw Madison Central and is not biased against mountain teams to favor teams like Eastern.
The Herald-Leader or Courier .....One of the two produce the seedings of the statement tourny.
Hillbilly Heartthrob Wrote:The Herald-Leader or Courier .....One of the two produce the seedings of the statement tourny.

The state tournament is a blind draw, not seeded.
I don't know which one's worse this time around, Cantrall or Litkenhous. Both have Madison Central too low, Litkenhous has Eastern, a .500 team in the top 20 while Knott County Central sits outside at 20-2.
dkrude Wrote:Where in the world is Knott Central? This makes no sense, 21-2 with only losses coming out of state. I guess we will find out the KING of the 14th on Feb 9th.
Guess these ratings actually show strength of schedule! Smile
D1Recruiter Wrote:Guess these ratings actually show strength of schedule! Smile

Exactly who has PCC beat that is more impressive than any of KCC's wins. The only real difference in their schedule is that PCC played Scott Co and got beat.
The_OC Wrote:Yes, the Litkenhous ratings have certainly affected the outcomes of many games.:eyeroll:

Its not a "poll", its a ratings system based on statistics and game results. And what does "The journal does the rankings of the State tourny, I'm pretty sure.....This is unfortunate." mean? Cantrell and the Herald Leader do the same.

In other words, there is not a Mr Litkenhous in his basement who is out to screw Madison Central and is not biased against mountain teams to favor teams like Eastern.

Did not read that part. What is the formula for these ratings?
The State Tournament isn't seeded, so what does it matter. The State Tournament is already drawn before district play even begins.
state tourny draw is at random... if not please explain the 6th 7th first round matchup
Deacon Lane Wrote:The State Tournament isn't seeded, so what does it matter. The State Tournament is already drawn before district play even begins.

Yes it is drawn...I know that...but they do have a strength rating before the tourny starts. From 1 to 16....
^thats what I meant......For example, In 2010, SV went into the tourny as the #1 team according to the Herald-Leader..