Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Southwestern 2012
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
How will the Southwestern Warriors do in Andy Stephens' first season as the official head coach?

The Warriors lose 13 talented seniors, so expect a lot of new faces on a team that won the school's first-ever regional title a season ago.

Thoughts???
SW has a lot of good players back
Not sure about anything they have returning or anybody else in that district well enough to spectulate. But if recent history holds true, it may be a good thing to not be the favorite in the district or region. 2009- LCC, Whitley, and Harlan County split district title and that district was predicted by many to sweep the cross district. Pulaski ends up winning the entire thing.
2010- Pulaski brings almost all back and is predicted by many to take region title again and get a rematch with FTH. Harlan County overcomes early struggles to dismantle entire district and region. 2011 Harlan County, region favorites and predicted by many to go to state, is slighted by PSW in region finals. This region is truly unpredictable. We can forecast and predict all we want, but between now and late November, who knows who will surface as region champs.
SW will be better than people expect, they have some real good young guys
GetChili Wrote:How will the Southwestern Warriors do in Andy Stephens' first season as the official head coach?

The Warriors lose 13 talented seniors, so expect a lot of new faces on a team that won the school's first-ever regional title a season ago.

Thoughts???

Who does SW have coming back?
Key Returners:

Logan Starnes - QB - Senior
Pedro Herrera - RB/K - Sophomore
Jacob Burchett - CB - Sophomore
Jordan Maggard - FB- Senior

The O-line loses Christian Childers and Rob Lewis, so most of them return.

The Warriors' biggest loss is the skill players - Zack Turpin, Alan Williams, Dustin Powell, Latrell Wilson. Also, the loss of Cody and Justin Epperson will be big losses, as both made huge impacts on the defensive side of the ball.

It will be interesting to see who makes an impact this fall.
I know there scrimmaging Montgomery County @ Montgomery County
Not only do they lose players, they lose a lot of coaching experience. From what I hear of the guys bein hired to replace them. It could be a long year for us apart of warrior nation. GC what say you?
Some of the assistant coaches have been let go, which is really going to hurt the program this fall. Personally, I'm going to miss Bural Coffey. He was a great guy and a great coach.
GetChili Wrote:Key Returners:

Logan Starnes - QB - Senior
Pedro Herrera - RB/K - Sophomore
Jacob Burchett - CB - Sophomore

Jordan Maggard - FB- Senior

The O-line loses Christian Childers and Rob Lewis, so most of them return.

The Warriors' biggest loss is the skill players - Zack Turpin, Alan Williams, Dustin Powell, Latrell Wilson. Also, the loss of Cody and Justin Epperson will be big losses, as both made huge impacts on the defensive side of the ball.

It will be interesting to see who makes an impact this fall.

3 of the 4 players listed here are not playing as of now.
GetChili Wrote:3 of the 4 players listed here are not playing as of now.

Why not? I am sure they will wait till time comes and be back.
[quote=HAT51]Why not? I am sure they will wait till time comes and be back.[/QUOTE]

I wouldnt count on it from what Ive been told. I also was told that a young O Lineman quit, but cant recall his name. GC you hear this?
You're right, I've heard a lot of the lineman aren't coming back either.
What's the problem GC? Lack of faith in Stephens? Are they going to try to go play somewhere else? Or do they just straight up not want to play anymore? It seems an odd time for so many valuable players to just quit playing with Southwestern coming off the success of last season.
Southwestern will be right where they left off last year if every one returns. They have a bright future. lots of good talented players coming up over the next couple of years.
RoShamBo Wrote:What's the problem GC? Lack of faith in Stephens? Are they going to try to go play somewhere else? Or do they just straight up not want to play anymore? It seems an odd time for so many valuable players to just quit playing with Southwestern coming off the success of last season.

The biggest problem of players not coming out this year, is the firing of all the key assistant coaches. A lot of players are not happy with the way things went down after the season was over with, so they are simply choosing not to play. I agree, it is bad that so many key players won't be playing this year. That being said, a lot can happen between now and the beginning of the season, so we'll see what happens.
GC- thats what Ive been told to. Lets be real here from my stand point and talking with people who I trust those 3 had ALOT, and I MEAN ALOT to do with how things went after Coach A left. The players know that and aren't as blind as some people, and know the truth.
I agree. All of the assistant coaches worked as one unit and got the job done. It was a perfect system.
GetChili Wrote:Some of the assistant coaches have been let go, which is really going to hurt the program this fall. Personally, I'm going to miss Bural Coffey. He was a great guy and a great coach.

Coach Coffey wound up at Boyle. Hate that you guys lost him but we are glad to have him.
64black&gold Wrote:Coach Coffey wound up at Boyle. Hate that you guys lost him but we are glad to have him.

You all are going to love him! He is a fantastic guy and you're lucky to have him.
Every one of the players will be playing this fall, the future looks bright
The coaches who were let go knew what Anderson was doing and the whole program should be shut down for allowing that stuff to go on for years
These are Southwestern's new uniforms. They are pretty sweet, if you ask me.
Did they noy get a new away jersey?
No, they are using the white jerseys that they purchased last season.
too much orange if you ask me
i have been a big fan of having more blue than orange
xtrapoint Wrote:too much orange if you ask me
i have been a big fan of having more blue than orange

Well maybe next time they will ask you.....Hate for somebody to be happy abou something.
I like the new uniforms. Black will look sharp!
ccreb87 Wrote:Well maybe next time they will ask you.....Hate for somebody to be happy abou something.
Just giving my opinion on something, calm down sir
SWHS future Wrote:I like the new uniforms. Black will look sharp!

Blue helmets would look better with black, don't like how the orange and white helmet with the black uniforms
Pages: 1 2 3