Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paintsville @ Sheldon Clark 1/31
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
thoughts?
Cards by nine
Hopefully history will repeat it's self again this season as it has the last three regular season match ups between the two. They have split three straight years. GO Tigers! Keep playing HARD!
Cards coming off an emotional high, and start out slow but finish up strong in the 4th
SC-65
PHS-46
SC by 11
Cards roll at home.
Sheldon Clark.
If Sheldon Clark plays like they have been playing recently, they will notch another win tomorrow night.
Cards by 15+ at home
BJ Moore will be presented with his ball and 2000 points ceremony shortly before tip. Moore will finish this season as one of the top 3, if not best to ever wear the Sheldon Clark jersey. To my knowledge, he is only the schools 2nd player to ever accomplish this milestone. If he was still playing for the previous system, then tonights ceremony would be for his 3000th point. lol
D IT UP Wrote:BJ Moore will be presented with his ball and 2000 points ceremony shortly before tip. Moore will finish this season as one of the top 3, if not best to ever wear the Sheldon Clark jersey. To my knowledge, he is only the schools 2nd player to ever accomplish this milestone. If he was still playing for the previous system, then tonights ceremony would be for his 3000th point. lol
Just kinda wondering how his stats compare with some of the truly great players from Martin Co. before consolidation. ie: Ervin (Irvin) Stepp,Ronnie Moore,Orville Stepp and a McCoy that played with him at Inez. Many great players in the basketball history of Martin County. I dont believe that Ervin graduated from the system and not real sure about his time there. Could use some help on that.
Justin Johnson Will be another one in that club a few years down the road.
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:Just kinda wondering how his stats compare with some of the truly great players from Martin Co. before consolidation. ie: Ervin (Irvin) Stepp,Ronnie Moore,Orville Stepp and a McCoy that played with him at Inez. Many great players in the basketball history of Martin County. I dont believe that Ervin graduated from the system and not real sure about his time there. Could use some help on that.

I believe Ervin played all of his high school days at Phelps except for maybe his 9th grade year. Orville, I am not sure about but I feel like he played elsewhere(Law. Co maybe?) also. Jim Stepp, who is the only other player to notch 2000(2500+) points for Sheldon Clark is in a group along with Brandon May and John Kirk as the best ever.
D IT UP Wrote:I believe Ervin played all of his high school days at Phelps. Orville, I am not sure about but I feel like he played elsewhere(Law. Co maybe?) also. Jim Stepp, who is the only other player to notch 2000(2500+) points for Sheldon Clark is in a group along with Brandon May and John Kirk as the best ever.

I think Ervin may have played some varsity ball when he was either a freshman or in the 8th grade at Sheldon Clark. I remember playing SC in the district tournament in '76 and I am pretty sure he played in that game along side his brother Jim. He may not have started, but I am pretty sure he played.
He would have been in 8th or 9th grade that year. Graduated from Phelps in '80. I was wrong about Orville. He did play at Inez and later, he went on to play at Marshall.
D IT UP Wrote:I believe Ervin played all of his high school days at Phelps except for maybe his 9th grade year. Orville, I am not sure about but I feel like he played elsewhere(Law. Co maybe?) also. Jim Stepp, who is the only other player to notch 2000(2500+) points for Sheldon Clark is in a group along with Brandon May and John Kirk as the best ever.
Orville definitely played for Inez in the early 60's.I played against him then and(in an old guy league) again when he was coach at Lawrence Co. when I was 47. My last go around and I can tell you that Orville still had that touch on the ball.
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:Just kinda wondering how his stats compare with some of the truly great players from Martin Co. before consolidation. ie: Ervin (Irvin) Stepp,Ronnie Moore,Orville Stepp and a McCoy that played with him at Inez. Many great players in the basketball history of Martin County. I dont believe that Ervin graduated from the system and not real sure about his time there. Could use some help on that.

I would have to think you would have to have Joe Stepp (Warfield) in the conversation.

What about Billy Ray Cassady from Inez. Played at UK.
Joe stepp definetly in the coversation as he played at ohio state.
Ervin played in the backcourt with jim at sheldon clark until jim graduated
(78). Jim then went to eku & ervin moved to phelps with brother joe who became the coach @ phelps. Ervin later also sighned with eastern.
I wasn't really bringing up the old Inez days when talking about Moore being the best. Way different era and them guys won state titles.