Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Cantrall Rankings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Trinity stayed atop Dave Cantrall’s boys’ basketball ratings this week, while undefeated Madison Central (22-0) moved from No. 6 to No. 5.

Bullitt East, No. 5 last week, dropped to No. 10 after losing to Collins.

Covington Holy Cross won the All “A” Classic and moved from No. 17 up to No. 14.

TOP 25

1. Trinity (19-3)
2. Scott County (20-3)
3. Pleasure Ridge Park (19-5)
4. Ballard (16-6)
5. Madison Central (22-0)
6. Perry Central (18-4)
7. Southwestern (18-6)
8. Manual (13-7)
9. Moore (20-4)
10. Bullitt East (17-4)
11. Lexington Catholic (17-5)
12. Bowling Green (18-5)
13. Henry Clay (17-6)
14. Cov. Holy Cross (22-2)
15. Holmes (17-4)
16. Clark County (21-3)
17. Knott Central (20-2)
18. Bardstown (18-7)
19. St. Xavier (13-8)
20. Marshall County (21-1)
21. Oldham County (18-5)
22. Rowan County (13-6)
23. Covington Catholic (14-8)
24. Jeffersontown (16-7)
25. South Oldham (14-6)
26. Male (14-10)
Link?
I'd like to see ratings by regions
Perry,Cent playes Southwestern at Riverside Prep Showcase I believe Friday Night at Breathitt,Co HighSchool.Not sure yet I heard that.
Male ranked 26th show really how big of a joke these rankings are. Knott co was ranked like 15th earlier in the year and without losing another game dropped out of the rankings and now they back up to 17th. Cantrall rankings are a joke.
I think some people get confused by this. Cantrell does ratings, and with a system formula. Very different from a coaches poll or the Herald putting out a top 25.
Madison Central has not had quite the schedule as the other top five teams, but they beat Trinity. I'd have no problem ranking them at least #2!
I hope your right about pcc and southwestern. That should be a great one, I will b there for sure if thats who is playing.
what else does an undefeated team that beat the number 1 team have to do? im with dust, MC should be at least 2nd

and it's about time Holmes got some love
D IT UP Wrote:I think some people get confused by this. Cantrell does ratings, and with a system formula. Very different from a coaches poll or the Herald putting out a top 25.

Yeah IMO its a joke sometimes.. or most of the time...
I would love to see a PCC-SW match-up...Talk about a dandy.
How's Male gonna be 14-10 and be in the top 25. IMO CovCath shouldn't be in the mix either. This is laughable
Indians20 Wrote:How's Male gonna be 14-10 and be in the top 25. IMO CovCath shouldn't be in the mix either. This is laughable

Its because of the schedule they play. Those teams play a contender also every nite, not like the mtns teams.
Perry Central and Southwestern are really good teams but neither should be ranked in the Top 10 at this time.
ekff Wrote:Yeah IMO its a joke sometimes.. or most of the time...

And to think that some districts seed according to the Cantrall ratings. Whoever thought of that idea and the ones who continue to think that is still a good idea should be banned from basketball for just plain ole stupidity.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Perry Central and Southwestern are really good teams but neither should be ranked in the Top 10 at this time.

I agree. Both are good teams, but not top 10 material at the moment. These ratings don't really mean much anyways.
Definitely Top 20 teams, but not Top 10, at least not right now.
I think Cantrell is more accurate that the Litkenhouse Ratings