Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: John Hodge to Bourbon County
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Heard that Ray Graham was offered the job and he's suppose to give Bourbon County Administration his answer tomorrow
Ray Graham is a quality person all around...bourbon county will be lucky to have him.
^ we shall find out tomorrow if he's going or not or at least that's what I've heard
Ray is always flirting with jobs. Sounds like Jaggers jr.
Graham turned it down..

so now what does Bourbon County do?
"Black and Yellow, Black and Yellow..you know what it is."
Why with lack of support from what everyone says would anyone go there
I'm told the 2nd choice has Alrdy taken a job.
Job has been offered again. Will hear soon.... Rebal yell. Smile
Strikeout King Wrote:Graham turned it down..

so now what does Bourbon County do?

At least this time he did not leave a few days before practice started.
Source confirms earlier post. John Hodge from Boyle is new coach.
wildthang3 Wrote:Source confirms earlier post. John Hodge from Boyle is new coach.

What type of background does he have?
wildthang3 Wrote:Source confirms earlier post. John Hodge from Boyle is new coach.

Wow...somewhat of a surprise....good luck.
Great Coach. Bourbon will get a gem. Heard he's taking some of the other guys from Boyle as well. Maybe Roe and Massengill?
RebelRowdie Wrote:Great Coach. Bourbon will get a gem. Heard he's taking some of the other guys from Boyle as well. Maybe Roe and Massengill?

Yes, they are going as well.
Bourbon returns a TON of talent! They started several sophomores, juniors and a couple of freshmen. They can make some noise next year!
The District should Bourbon's. They return more talent then anyone
Bourbon will be a big player next year. You only heard about French, Hester, and Mason at Boyle, but these 3 were the underlying keys to success for Boyle County. Sad to see them go, but it's a great thing to know they'll be going to coach a Bourbon county team that has potential. It'll be interesting to see who they bring in there, or if they'll keep some of the current staff.
I wonder if Poynter will get any credit for what the team has coming back. Sounds like another coach gets to walk into a gold mine at the expense of another.
I was told at lunch today that coach Mason is leaving.a friend told me Mason has been offered a head coaching job,but he didn't say where.in all honesty i hope he is leaving.he said an anouncement should be made thursday or friday.not sure if it's true but this guy usually knows whats going on with the Boyle program.i guess time will tell.
Sounds like everyone is getting out, Chuck Smith may come back if Joker gets everyone fired after the season for lack of wins
Jack Lambert Wrote:I was told at lunch today that coach Mason is leaving.a friend told me Mason has been offered a head coaching job,but he didn't say where.in all honesty i hope he is leaving.he said an anouncement should be made thursday or friday.not sure if it's true but this guy usually knows whats going on with the Boyle program.i guess time will tell.

Any updates? I was at the Boyle / Danville basketball game and heard nothing. I did hear that Boyle is going after Bobby and Travis Leffew to replace the coaches that left for Bourbon County.
Don't think Mason will leave this year. His youngest son Blake wiill be a senior this fall. I think you will see Mason on the Boyle sidelines again this fall.
Rebel55 Wrote:Any updates? I was at the Boyle / Danville basketball game and heard nothing. I did hear that Boyle is going after Bobby and Travis Leffew to replace the coaches that left for Bourbon County.

No i have'nt heard anything else,may just be a rumor,but i hope mason leaves though.i think he ruined the team chemistry on last years team.he belittles the kids way to much.if French lets him get out of control he'll ruin the program.he knows the x's&o's but he has a bad attitude if he's not kept in check.
Coach Mason didn't apply to any other school for their head coaching positions.
64black&gold Wrote:Coach Mason didn't apply to any other school for their head coaching positions.

Glad to hear. :Thumbs: I didn't think with his son having another year at Boyle that he would leave.
As for Bourbon Co, any truth to the rumors the Hopkins kid has left?
Where would Hopkins go and why? Mason will be at Boyle next season.
No kids have left and none are leaving for what ever reasons...
Pages: 1 2