Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Elliott County 61 - Ashland 59
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Lions pull off a huge win against Ashland in the first round of the 16th region tourney in Morehead.
Nice to see them pull that one out.  Love to see them win the Region.
When Elliott is hot, especially when those 3 freshmen are hitting 25 footers, they can beat just about anyone in the Eastern part of the state.  Elliott has a good shot at going to Rupp.....if not this year, then definitely the next 3 years.....maybe all 4.
Heard that the Fergeson kid had 32.  Any more stats?  Sounds like this team is the real deal, young but if they stay together could represent this year and the next 3 in Rupp.  Good luck EC.
Ferguson and both Faulkner twins are freshmen...(all should be sophs - stayed back in 7th grade).  No doubt Elliott will be a force to be recokned with the next 3 years in the 16th.
Good to see some new blood in the hunt.  Good luck Elliot!! :party:
Not to offend anyone, but i think its time for Ashland to move past coach Mike Flynn. Dont get me wron Flynn is a great coach and all but he is only good with GOOD players, meaning he cant adjust to the talent and skill of a team either there good or not.If we get rid of flynn there is also a good possiblity that wayne breeden may head back our way.
Congrats to EC nice win good luck in the next one.

Nice year Tomcats.
First off, congrats to Elliott on the win. They were down as much as 10 in the first half, 29-20 at the half and 39-30 at one point late in the third quarter, and they continued to shoot well and didn't quit. Hats off to them. Jonathan Ferguson was on fire for Elliott with 32 points, 22 of them coming in the second half. I thought Ashland also played well, but just couldn't convert a couple free throws and open looks near the end of the game. But we definitely played our butts off.

On another note, I do agree with ABomb14. I have a ton of respect for Mike Flynn as a coach and as a person, but I think that it's time that him and Ashland go their separate ways. I think we need someone that can raise talent and build a system around the talent they have, and not one where they are put into a system that may not work well for their abilities. I also think we could use someone who could motivate the players rather than a disciplinarian. There have been several good players I can think of that have quit the Ashland basketball program these past couple of years. Once again, I do think that Flynn is a great basketball coach (no denying that, the numbers say it all), but I think it's time for him to move on.

Also, once again, congrats to Elliott County on the victory and good luck in the rest of the regional tourney. I'm rooting for you all the rest of the way!  :thumpsup:
well i wanted to see ashland go farther than they did. elliot in the last half just showd that they wanted the win more then us. and coach flynn is a great coach but i also think its time for hiim to move on and for him and ashland to go seperate ways. ashalds 3 seniors played good cannoy and williams still have baseball to go maybe things will get better and they can do good in regions. congrats to elliot on the first round win and good luck on the rest of the season

This is why we play the tourney to see who goes on and goes home. Good win for elliot they are a good group of boys. But what I disliked was how it seemed the refs wanted a lil more action in the game. but hey you loose some you gain some.  :argue:
This was a great game to watch. Way to go Elliot County.
And one more thing lol man I feel like a complainer. But many tomcat loyals and some people think flynn should retire but how could you retire someoone who has taken the boys to back to back district tounreys and regional tourneys. Flynn and to the tomcats thank you for a great season.