Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lakers looking to sign Gilbert Arenas
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Not horrible....
Not fantastic.
He can contribute and help the 3 pt shooting woes.
^
He can also contribute any firearms players, coaches, and staff may need for locker room use.
This should be interesting.
As long as he stays out of trouble and is in shape this could be just what the LAKERS need.
Needed to make a move, but with the attitude of this guy with players like Artest(screw world peace)lol, I don't think it will work out for them
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
He can also contribute any firearms players, coaches, and staff may need for locker room use.

I wonder if he could shoot Kobe....
Arenas needs a fresh start.
Surely he isn't going to roll into LA and act like someone owes him something.
They need someone to guard the big name PGs of the NBA and they need someone to be able to knock down 3s when teams clog the paint.

If Arenas is still ready to play ball he could do both.
It could be an incredible fit for Arenas and the Lakers.
:yawn:

He didnt do crap in Orlando..
Not gonnaa do crap in LA...

Decent sign tho.. LAs got too many no name white boys.
I cannot figure out what happened to him. Nothing changed physically. If he can get his mind right, he can be dangerous.....on the court.

I remember watching that Cavs-Wizards series and thinking that Arenas-James was going to be the next Magic-Bird.
I'm not so sure about this move. Lakers did need someone that can score consistently that's not named Kobe, Gasol, or Bynum.

Would like to see the Lakers pursue Rondo. It's seems like a long shot, but trading Bynum for Rondo and maybe throw in Steve Blake then it seems like a decent deal that would help out both teams in the long run.
The Lakers lineup will completely change within the next year IMO.

Your liable to see Bynum, Gasol, and Metta World Hunger Feed Me Peace, as well as the half the roster gone by next year with new players coming in.

I could see a three team trade with the Lakers getting Howard, the Magic getting Gasol and a draft pick, and the third team getting Bynum and giving up a player or two to the lakers.
hmm...
Arenas>Steve Blake..lol
[Image: Gilbert-Arenas-with-a-gun.jpg]

"Hey Kobe, come here, I go sumthin for ya" POW, POW "that's for shooten 80 times tonight!!"
Arenas could not even share the limelight with rookie John Wall. There is no room for two Hindenburg-sized egos on the Lakers roster. I am glad that LA picked up Arenas. This NBA season just keeps getting better and better. :biglmao:
^ Hoot, you said it perfectly. I am a very happy fan of this move. This is exactly the move that I was hopeful that the Lakers would make! Now if only they can lure Rasheed Wallace out of retirement, I believe they will be complete!
Stardust Wrote:^ Hoot, you said it perfectly. I am a very happy fan of this move. This is exactly the move that I was hopeful that the Lakers would make! Now if only they can lure Rasheed Wallace out of retirement, I believe they will be complete!
Wallace would be a great fit. Maybe they could add him to the staff.
Wow, Just awful move.
He hasn't signed with Lakers yet!

NBA countdown just said they haven't even talked yet
^I wish NBA writers would quit trying to MAKE news instead of REPORTING the news. Sheesh!
Blame it on Zaga, he's the one who posted this garbage!
IF he does sign, check him every game for guns. All I'm saying.
ekff Wrote:He hasn't signed with Lakers yet!

NBA countdown just said they haven't even talked yet

I reported it from Bill Walton's twitter lol
Not the greatest source of all-time...
but his son is a Laker.
^ let's wait to hear from credible sources, not Bill Walton and Rob Lowe's twitter account. Both have been known to imbibe in Chronic, thus neither thinks too clearly!
Stardust Wrote:^ let's wait to hear from credible sources, not Bill Walton and Rob Lowe's twitter account. Both have been known to imbibe in Chronic, thus neither thinks too clearly!

I'll post from whatever source I want Wink
LWC Wrote:I cannot figure out what happened to him. Nothing changed physically. If he can get his mind right, he can be dangerous.....on the court.

I remember watching that Cavs-Wizards series and thinking that Arenas-James was going to be the next Magic-Bird.

Magic Bird?

LOL

You are such a woman.
I saw on ESPN this morning that the Lakers held a private workout with Arenas but didn't sign him yet, I'd 10x rather have him than Steve Blake, I am just not a Steve Blake fan.
Welp I didn't notice it until now..
But Stardusts' photoshop up here has absolutely killed me lol.
Ballers Wrote:Magic Bird?

LOL

You are such a woman.

I just now saw the above comment. I cannot let you 'get away' with that one. Obviously, that dash is used to make two things into one. It is not used in reference to a magic bird, it is stating that......... nevermind. I will give you a break since I thought you had went into retirement.
Pages: 1 2