Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: does sheldon clark need a new coach
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
what do you all think about jr at sc...they were up by 15 at half time at jc and then got beat
There has already been a thread started about this. It is on page 5. You can go there to see how I feel about Coach Hammond.
i would say that it is time for a change there, but its nothing against coach hammonds.
Pardon my french, but who gives a shit? Really? It doesnt matter if anyone here thinks sc does or does not need a new coach, it won't change a thing and I'm tired of hearing about it. Get that thru your head, alright.
[quote author=doubleOT link=topic=20517.msg205610#msg205610 date=1141689591]
Pardon my french, but who gives a shit? Really? It doesnt matter if anyone here thinks sc does or does not need a new coach, it won't change a thing and I'm tired of hearing about it. Get that thru your head, alright.
[/quote]Well im still pretty sure this post didnt ask if u were tired of hearing about it so answer the question or shut-up.
the simplest oustion ive been asked...........YES it is time he hasnt done a thing for the basketball program science he has been there..the 57th district championship team he had could of won with all most any coach but if they would have had someone else this team would have played in Lexington.....no dout
i think its time for a new coach at sc
[/quote]   

Well I think it does matter what everyone thinks on here. You can see what everyone's opinion is and what they think about several issues.You must be one of his supporters that just will not except the fact the man can't coach on a highschool level.He has wasted more talent than any coach I have seen in the past couple of years! He has had only two winning seasons since he has been head coach at SC.I will give everybody a look at this coaches record. 2000-2001 ( 9-16),2001-2002  (13-11),2002-2003  (5-21),2003-2004 (19-10),2004-2005  (6-19),and 2005-2006 (10-16).He is 62-93 at Sheldon Clark which is  66%. HIT THE ROAD JACK AND DON'T YA COME BACK NO MORE....NO MORE....NO MORE....NO MORE!!!!!!!!!              :thumpsup:
I like Hammonds...but the numbers don't lie... the greatest basketball mind in Martin County is sitting on the Lady Cards bench... Roger Harless no doubt about it
[quote author=TennisCAT23 link=topic=20517.msg206947#msg206947 date=1141879845]
I like Hammonds...but the numbers don't lie... the greatest basketball mind in Martin County is sitting on the Lady Cards bench... Roger Harless no doubt about it
[/quote]
I agree TennisCat. I think Harless would be an excellent choice for coach at Sheldon Clark. Or maybe even Erv Stepp. A lot of people don't realize what a good fit he would be. There is no denying his knowledge and love of the game.
[quote author=moofer link=topic=20517.msg207109#msg207109 date=1141909962]
[quote author=TennisCAT23 link=topic=20517.msg206947#msg206947 date=1141879845]
[/quote]
I agree TennisCat. I think Harless would be an excellent choice for coach at Sheldon Clark. Or maybe even Erv Stepp. A lot of people don't realize what a good fit he would be. There is no denying his knowledge and love of the game.
[/quote]

Could someone please post Harless's record because if i am not mistaking he used to be the Head Coach at Sheldon Clark and probably had the most talent that has been at sheldon clark on one team and still couldn't win the region. The year i am talking about is in the early 90's.  I asked a friend of mine and he told me the names were Fields, Hale, Tiller, Slone, Ward, Wells, and some others but I can't remember them all.
no disrespect to coach Hammond but they may need a breath of fresh air
No doubt about it Moof Erv would fit in nice to the program...he should be coaching somewhere in Martin County...I'd love to see him on the SCHS sideline
Quote:

Could someone please post Harless's record because if i am not mistaking he used to be the Head Coach at Sheldon Clark and probably had the most talent that has been at sheldon clark on one team and still couldn't win the region. The year i am talking about is in the early 90's. I asked a friend of mine and he told me the names were Fields, Hale, Tiller, Slone, Ward, Wells, and some others but I can't remember them all.
Quote:

Why don't you post his record SPECTATOR since you seem to be able to find out all the info! It really doesn't matter what his record is anyway! The point of the matter is that he just can't coach! He may try to be a good buddy to his players, but he just doesn't know how to get the most out of his players. I could really care less if he leaves or not! He now knows how the fans feel about him! When he is left high and dry next year and the school has no talent whatsoever, then maybe then he will wish he had resigned!!!!!
This may be farfetched but I heard that Allen Central coach Johnny Martin may be interested in closing out his career at the place he began- SCHS!
Anyone heard of this rumor? I know JM but he is close-mouthed about this at the moment.
IDK! All I know is how do you lose when your up by 15? No offense, the players could have performed a bit better. The coach can't win the games...players need guidance, but bad games come to all...
[quote author=schs_catcher#3 link=topic=20517.msg207599#msg207599 date=1141952267]
IDK! All I know is how do you lose when your up by 15? No offense, the players could have performed a bit better. The coach can't win the games...players need guidance, but bad games come to all...
[/quote]

WHAT DO YOU MEAN WHEN YOU SAY BAD GAMES COMES TO ALL? WHAT ROCK HAVE YOU BEEN HIDING UNDER? COACH HAMMOND HAS NOT BEEN UP TO PAR AT SCHS FOR A WHILE. HE CAN'T PLAY FOR THEM BUT HE COULD OF LEAST TRY AND ACT LIKE HE KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING. COACH HAGER TRYED TO HELP THEM ALL HE COULD BUT JUST COULD NOT MAKE A DIFFERENCE. I THINK BAD GAMES COME TO TEAMS WHEN COACHES DON'T CARE OR WHEN THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING!!! THE PLAYERS CAN NOT AND WILL NOT TAKE THE BLAME FOR HIS PETHETIC ATTEMPT AT BEING A COACH!!! YOU CAN POINT FINGERS ALL YOU WANT,BUT ALL I CAN SAY IF THERE IS BLAME TO BE GIVEN OUT COACH HAMMONDS SHOULD GET IT!!!  HE NEEDS TO QUIT AND START DOING SOMETHING ELSE !!!
[quote author=cardsfan link=topic=20517.msg206935#msg206935 date=1141879402]
[/quote] 

Well I think it does matter what everyone thinks on here. You can see what everyone's opinion is and what they think about several issues.You must be one of his supporters that just will not except the fact the man can't coach on a highschool level.He has wasted more talent than any coach I have seen in the past couple of years! He has had only two winning seasons since he has been head coach at SC.I will give everybody a look at this coaches record. 2000-2001 ( 9-16),2001-2002 (13-11),2002-2003 (5-21),2003-2004 (19-10),2004-2005  (6-19),and 2005-2006 (10-16).He is 62-93 at Sheldon Clark which is 66%. HIT THE ROAD JACK AND DON'T YA COME BACK NO MORE....NO MORE....NO MORE....NO MORE!!!!!!!!!              :thumpsup:
[/quote]

I've never met the man in my life, but I don't think he deserves this much attention on the forums because some people believe he can't coach. These forums are here for opinions and ideas, but making thread after thread, post after post isn't going to change much. -My 2 cents
[quote author=brokencard link=topic=20517.msg207552#msg207552 date=1141949135]
Quote:

Could someone please post Harless's record because if i am not mistaking he used to be the Head Coach at Sheldon Clark and probably had the most talent that has been at sheldon clark on one team and still couldn't win the region. The year i am talking about is in the early 90's. I asked a friend of mine and he told me the names were Fields, Hale, Tiller, Slone, Ward, Wells, and some others but I can't remember them all.
Quote:

Why don't you post his record SPECTATOR since you seem to be able to find out all the info! It really doesn't matter what his record is anyway! The point of the matter is that he just can't coach! He may try to be a good buddy to his players, but he just doesn't know how to get the most out of his players. I could really care less if he leaves or not! He now knows how the fans feel about him! When he is left high and dry next year and the school has no talent whatsoever, then maybe then he will wish he had resigned!!!!!
[/quote]

OK Brokencard you asked me to get the info so I did. But this is all I know about Harless's record. Harless left SCHS in the 90's .  He took the coaching job at Tug Valley High School where he took over a team returning all five starters from Coach Frankie Smith's STATE CHAMPIONSHIP Team.  He din't fair so well at TV.  He quit in the middle of his last season at Tug Valley.

This is for BROKENCARD and CARDSFAN.  I pay close attention to this thread because I have known coach Hammonds for awhile along with others that I have met from Martin County and we have become good friesnd.  I think it is terrible that people gets on here and talks about coaches the way they do.  My saying is if you dont't like the coach then Move.  I have spoken with a person from the county and COACH HAMMONDS IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE. SO you all can drop all the negative statements but if you all (BROKENCARD and CARDSFAN) want someone's shoulder to cry on just pm me and I can meet with you all to help you through this time of sadness
Shame on The Board Of Education for using poor judgement !!! I guess they really don't care whether the basketball program succeeds or not. That's a real let down to the players and the fans at SHELDON CLARK!
:no:
I think Roger Harless would be a great coach he coached me when i was in Elemeantary School and hes a great coach. But on other hand I like Coach Hammonds too.
[quote author=spectator link=topic=20517.msg207891#msg207891 date=1141999863]
[quote author=brokencard link=topic=20517.msg207552#msg207552 date=1141949135]
Quote:

Quote:

[/quote]

OK Brokencard you asked me to get the info so I did. But this is all I know about Harless's record. Harless left SCHS in the 90's .  He took the coaching job at Tug Valley High School where he took over a team returning all five starters from Coach Frankie Smith's STATE CHAMPIONSHIP Team.  He din't fair so well at TV.  He quit in the middle of his last season at Tug Valley.

This is for BROKENCARD and CARDSFAN.  I pay close attention to this thread because I have known coach Hammonds for awhile along with others that I have met from Martin County and we have become good friesnd.  I think it is terrible that people gets on here and talks about coaches the way they do.  My saying is if you dont't like the coach then Move.  I have spoken with a person from the county and COACH HAMMONDS IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE. SO you all can drop all the negative statements but if you all (BROKENCARD and CARDSFAN) want someone's shoulder to cry on just pm me and I can meet with you all to help you through this time of sadness
[/quote]

It takes a really big man to get on hear and hide behind a computer and bad mouth someone over thier job preformance. They know as much about coaching as they do math (get Mr. Flecther to teach you that 62 divided into 155 is 40% not 66%)

Everyone needs a new coach if you ask the right people. Rolleyes
Keep Hammonds!!  A lot of their problems this year were out of his control.  It isn't always the coaches fault despite what ESPN says!!
Jr is a fantastic person and doesn't deserve the abuse he gets on here, there is more to being a coach than w's and l's.  I've done my fair share of second guessing from the stands the past few years but JR is our coach and we need to stand by him.  He is going nowhere and he is a very positive inluence on his players.  I tried to get my nephew BMay to go to Paintsville from the time he was in 6th grade through the 10th but looking back I'm glad he didn't.  Coach Hammond was good as gold to my nephew and has done everything possible to help him out.  JR is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet and although his record isn't the greatest,  SC wasn't exactly a powerhouse in the region before he took over.  No player could ask for a better person to coach and guide them in life  than JR Hammond, he is a quality person and great man. If I had a son I'd be very honored to have Coach Hammond as his coach.
Yes. SC does need a new coach.