Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: One Shot for the Win! Who Takes It?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It's almost that magical time of the year! I, like many others, am getting pumped for some madness. I want to see some action on this thread. Hope it brings back some memories. Here's the scenario...

Your team is down by 1 in the finals of the region. They are inbounding the ball at half court with 10 seconds to play. What player for your team (list the team you played for/root for as well as the player) is, without a doubt, taking the last shot? The only catch is...it has to be a player that you watched play. Don't pick somebody that you've only heard stories about. Ready. Go!
Tate Cox
Harry Meek of Johnson Central! 1984 Regional Championship! Nuff Said!
On my high school team... (Hazard)

Justin Hicks..... Most likely I would have been the one setting the screen for him.
Anthony Hickey!
Easy. # 4 from Mason County
Jason Kelly lol
Not that I am a big Perry fan or anything but I would want Braxton Beverly shooting the game winner for me. He's a hard little fart to guard. Makes some unbelievable moves.
BJ Moore of the Sheldon Clark Cardinals!!! Easy Choice
The_Rock Wrote:Not that I am a big Perry fan or anything but I would want Braxton Beverly shooting the game winner for me. He's a hard little fart to guard. Makes some unbelievable moves.

I wouldn't want him to take the final shot just yet.
He'll get there though.
But out of anyone in this region that I've ever seen play....
If I have a 5 point lead with 2 minutes to go...
I want the ball in Braxton's hands.
You can't press him...
you can't force him into turning it over...
and if you have to foul him he will make you pay.
zaga_fan Wrote:Jason Kelly lol

Perry Central fans have to say... Daniel Combs... 2004 enough said...

or if your old enough to remember watching Ben Bowling...
Shannon hoskins MC Napier
ballstar Wrote:Shannon hoskins MC Napier

Duh... But we all aren't as old as you to remember watching Shannon play. LOL
D IT UP Wrote:Easy. # 4 from Mason County

I mis read the first post. Lofton would be my overall choice but from Sheldon Clark I would have to go with Brandon May(2006) or John Kirk(1983).
ekff Wrote:Perry Central fans have to say... Daniel Combs... 2004 enough said...

Definitely.

Jason Kelley?
Todd Craft or Jarvis Williams - Knott County Central
Chris lofton was the first player that came to my mind.
Cov. Holy Cross has had a few good ones, but the most clutch by far

Scotty Bibbins
D IT UP Wrote:Easy. # 4 from Mason County

winner... dude was money, and if you let him get the ball in the corner you could write it down.
Bracken County...

probably Adam Reed
Tar_Heels_Fan Wrote:Chris lofton was the first player that came to my mind.

best shot in high school at lexington catholic
Estill County

Now:
Brandon Morris (Already has 1 game winner this year)

Past:
Tristan Cackling

or

Clinton Dixon
ekff Wrote:Perry Central fans have to say... Daniel Combs... 2004 enough said...

Ben Bowling was the better player...
but I'm sure you Hazard fans will remember that shot for a long time...
that is the Laettner shot of the 14th Region
Norm Wrote:It's almost that magical time of the year! I, like many others, am getting pumped for some madness. I want to see some action on this thread. Hope it brings back some memories. Here's the scenario...

Your team is down by 1 in the finals of the region. They are inbounding the ball at half court with 10 seconds to play. What player for your team (list the team you played for/root for as well as the player) is, without a doubt, taking the last shot? The only catch is...it has to be a player that you watched play. Don't pick somebody that you've only heard stories about. Ready. Go!

This is a little off topic, but i was just wondering if you knew that there is a member named Norm Peterson who is a somerset fan and been on the site for years and also has a picture of Norm in his avatar.
zaga_fan Wrote:Ben Bowling was the better player...

Man, that was a big shot. I'll never forget it. LC's gym was standing room only.
ekff Wrote:Duh... But we all aren't as old as you to remember watching Shannon play. LOL

lol
Clark Stepp all day.
zaga_fan Wrote:Ben Bowling was the better player...

Yeah I was on the Hazard team when Daniel hit that shot..

I also remember Ben Bowling's half court shot to beat Hazard at the buzzer...
ekff Wrote:Yeah I was on the Hazard team when Daniel hit that shot..

I also remember Ben Bowling's half court shot to beat Hazard at the buzzer...

I remember both of them.
I was in grade school when Ben hit his shot but IMO the shot that Daniel hit was absolutely the most memorable play in PCC history.

That entire game was epic.
I remember when little Al hit a shot while he was sitting on his a**...
I thought....God doesn't want us to lose this one.
Then Perry was down 1 and had to go the length of the court in a matter of seconds. Everyone knew Daniel was getting the ball but no one could stop that from happening.
Pages: 1 2