Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Knott County 70 - Breathitt County 49
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Don't know all the stats but I do know:

Knott

Justice - 14 points
Daivs - 19 points
Hall - 16 points
Seth Adam set the tone early in this with 3 treys in first couple minutes finished with 13... Great effort from Knott.... Breathitt played well....
Too bad Knott will get 0 credit for this win.
My thoughts exactly^
^ I give Knott a lot of credit for this win. 21 point win over a good team, that's a great win for Knott
After attending this game, here's what I picked up on...

1. Knott's role players are much better than I thought and/or what they are given credit for by many on this board. The Adams kid is a very good shooter if left open, and they have some kids that can score the ball around the basket other than Davis.

2. I really like the patience of the Justice kid. He may have been guarded by the best defender in the region for the first half tonight. He only had 2 points at half, but he wasn't rattled and never let that take him out of his game. He bounced back with a nice second half.

3. Breathitt plays zero defense, which is unlike a Denny Fugate team! Other than Trent, they play like the old Cordia teams. Hurry up and score so we can get the ball back and run down to shoot a 3!

4. Breathitt has no patience. Knott made a run in the second quarter to go up 10, and after that, the Bobcats probably shot 25-30 3s. Very few of these were good looks.

5. This region is a 2 team race. I like Perry's stars better, and I like Knott's role players better. Perry has the better true big man, and the better major star, so I think they have the advantage. Knott can win though, especially at home. Looking forward to it!
perry was praised for beating breathitt by 18,all of a sudden perry is the best team in the state. Knott beats them by 21 and was up by as many as 26 and as posted earlier knott will get no credit. Can't wait to hear all the excuses as to why it wasn't as good as perry's win. home court, bad calls,10-15 point lead before the game started, breathitt had a bad game, and I almost forgot perry beat them at breathitt just to name a few we will hear.Congrats pats on the win
Good win for the Patriots! If Knott's role players can consistently play well then they can be spell trouble for a lot of teams
For what it's worth, Knott was 30 points better than Breathitt. Yeah this game was Knott so I'm sure it doesn't count. Kind of like how Knott's win against Henry Clay at home doesn't count but Perry's win against them on the road does. Wait? Do I have that backwards?
Did Fletcher play tonight for Breathitt? I haven't seen him in the line scores the last couple of games. Trent is a good defender because refs let him hang all over people when they don't have the ball. He did this vs Day and Paige when they play Buckhorn & PCC. I think Breathitt can play with the best teams when they play their best but Noble & Hamilton both have to score 20 for them to win big games.
Feb. 9th
Knott has a couple big games coming up, good to get momentum. Are they playing Hazard Saturday? Either way Knott's got a big matchup with district foe Letcher whom they are required to play for seeding purposes and they have to be focused or they could drop the ball against the cougars. Again congrats Knott.

Jan. 31st (keep focused xD)
Fletcher did play, not a ton, but he played. I like the way Trent plays defense. He bodies you up and gets physical. He's old school. It's nice to see.
This score surprises me. Knott appears better than I though they were after watching the Mountain Classic.

Not sure what is going on with Breathitt right now as I thought they were a better team than the PCC and Knott games would indicate.
Good win for Knott.
Breathitt seemed to just have trouble scoring the basketball in this one....
on top of their defensive woes.
I trust they will turn it around....
but this was the only team I saw challenging Knott or Perry....
and they've now been blown out by both of them.
Perry even did it to em at home.
Inb4 perry fans saying this win doesn't count
If the big man at Breathitt,Co doesnt get in foul trouble this is a much closer game when he went out it was 18-16. He was as good as Knott,Co big man and it showed until he got into foul trouble it changed the game.
baller4lyfe Wrote:Inb4 perry fans saying this win doesn't count

I give credit where it is due...
and I was inb4 saying "Good win for Knott"

Why would we say this doesn't count?
Well, it's pretty obvious that Breathitt is not on the same talent level as Knott or PCC. When they've had the opportunity to "play with the big boys", they have been drilled.
Stlcardsfan Wrote:Knott has a couple big games coming up, good to get momentum. Are they playing Hazard Saturday? Either way Knott's got a big matchup with district foe Letcher whom they are required to play for seeding purposes and they have to be focused or they could drop the ball against the cougars. Again congrats Knott.

Jan. 31st (keep focused xD)

No!
Good win kcc. Im sure hoping that cameron is ok this morning. Can anyone confirm this!!!!! I sure hope this is not true.
I heard he had just jammed his finger... He was going to ice it...
This win doesn't count
mandan Wrote:Well, it's pretty obvious that Breathitt is not on the same talent level as Knott or PCC. When they've had the opportunity to "play with the big boys", they have been drilled.
The 14th is a two team race , Breathitt is bunched up with Buckhorn, Hazard and maybe LCC as the next tier group.
Breathitts players are selfish with the ball therefore I see them going no where this year.