Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: whos leading for player of year in the 14th?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
?
IMO Matt Day will get the award. Be hard not to give it to him as he means everything to his team. Davis will probably get some votes as well.

Paige is the better player but I wonder if he will get the votes following the controversy of his transfer and eligibility ruling.
I don't think Paige will get knocked out of it because of the controversy...
but I think he will lose out purely based on him being a transfer in general.

Matt Day will probably win this one.
The arrival of Cameron Justice destroyed any chance on Davis getting the award.
I would go with Matt Day from Buckhorn, then Jaysean Paige from PCC, and then Camron Justice for KCC.
^POY only goes to Seniors
Jaysean Paige...
Day
Day is averaging 23 points 14 rebounds, I would say thats your winner
Day, he has earned it.
Matt Day is probably the only Senior in the 14th Region that will go and play college basketball. He should get the nod.
I been watching Highschool basketball for 40 years now and if Paige at Perry Cent is not voted the best player in the region they should quite voteing Hes the best player that this region has seen in at least 20 to 30 years. He may be the best player in Kentucky so Atlectic and can shoot the 3 he is a D1 player.
Matt Day.
Is sawyer denniston from wolfe in the running?
Easily Matt Day
Jaysean Paige is a no brainer!!
i believe matt day won 14th region player of the year last year....as a junior right?
Sawyer Denniston should get it.And if you ask me NOBODY that just "transfers" in should even be considered for ANY KENTUCKY award.
ballboy Wrote:I been watching Highschool basketball for 40 years now and if Paige at Perry Cent is not voted the best player in the region they should quite voteing Hes the best player that this region has seen in at least 20 to 30 years. He may be the best player in Kentucky so Atlectic and can shoot the 3 he is a D1 player.

Ben Bowling was pretty good, to say the least.

I think Day or Paige will win the award, I think we'll have a better idea in March.
The_Rock Wrote:Matt Day is probably the only Senior in the 14th Region that will go and play college basketball. He should get the nod.

......Wtf?!?!? You sir have no clue what you are talking about.
BobcatStuckInPowell Wrote:Sawyer Denniston should get it.And if you ask me NOBODY that just "transfers" in should even be considered for ANY KENTUCKY award.

No, he shouldnt.
G.O.A.T Wrote:i believe matt day won 14th region player of the year last year....as a junior right?

No it only goes to a senior.
Hope Steriods wins it for Knott County. As thats what the fans call him.

Matt Day is the favorite though.

I dont think Paige should win it. Hes not the best player on Perrys team. The 8th grader is. Just because you can dunk, dont make you a great basketball player. Whats with all the D1 hype anyway. Last time I checked, you got to go to class in college.
then who won player of the year last year?
G.O.A.T Wrote:then who won player of the year last year?

slone from knott.
Paige is the best player in the region. No contest there imo. But Day will win it due to being at Buckhorn his whole life and meaning everything to his team. He's earned it for his career. But the best player this year, and a D-1 prospect, is Jaysean Paige. The Lexington Herald-Leader the other day was even hyping him as a Mr. Basketball candidate. If he makes it to Rupp and helps get Perry Central to Saturday, he just might have a shot at it.

So if he's one of the top players in the state considered for it's top honor, you know he has to be the top player in the 14th region.
Matt Day was the 14th region coaches association player of the year last year. Is there another poy award?
The_Rock Wrote:Hope Steriods wins it for Knott County. As thats what the fans call him.

I dont think Paige should win it. Hes not the best player on Perrys team. The 8th grader is. Just because you can dunk, dont make you a great basketball player. Whats with all the D1 hype anyway. Last time I checked, you got to go to class in college.

You are a idiot. Obviously you have not watched pcc play because jaysean is way more then just a dunker. He is hands down the most talented player in the region and anyone who knows anything about basketball can tell that. And to be taking a shot at a kid about his academic performance (which you have no actual info about) is low. You sir are trash. And if i knew you personally, id smack some sense into you.
Matt Day !!!!
The_Rock Wrote:Hope Steriods wins it for Knott County. As thats what the fans call him.

■ Jaysean Paige put on a show at the Joe B. Hall Prep Classic in leading Perry County Central past Ashland Blazer. He hit 13 of 17 shots, threw down a couple of teeth-rattling dunks and had 32 points and nine rebounds. The 6-foot-1 senior newcomer has settled in nicely since transferring to Perry Central from Jamestown, N.Y., where he averaged 26 points and led his team to a state runner-up finish last year.

http://www.kentucky.com/2012/01/27/20449...orite.html

......... yea hes just a dunker......:please:
dore20 Wrote:You are a idiot. Obviously you have not watched pcc play because jaysean is way more then just a dunker. He is hands down the most talented player in the region and anyone who knows anything about basketball can tell that. And to be taking a shot at a kid about his academic performance (which you have no actual info about) is low. You sir are trash. And if i knew you personally, id smack some sense into you.

OMG. Well lets name him national player of the year all because you said so. God forbid someone else has a different opinion than you. As far as academics, why did he not play the first semester? You sir are a piece of crap that does not need to be smack because it would require touching you.
Pages: 1 2 3